(Topic ID: 150097)

Is this old pin worth $700

By Ckykedworld

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160118_164523_(resized).jpg
    att_145349726000769_(resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2016-01-22-14-12-44_(resized).png
    #1 8 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

My husband wants an old pin where the balls fall down in holes. I found this one within driving distance. Is it worth $700?

#2 8 years ago

Link no worky for me.

#3 8 years ago

The link was broken. Fixed:

ebay.com link: itm

That's a Bally Nashville bingo machine.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3369

#4 8 years ago

This listing (p) has been removed, or this item is not available.

ebay.com link: Bally Bingo Pinball Machine

What a journey just to see this listing

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This listing (p) has been removed, or this item is not available.

Ok, one more time:

ebay.com/itm/191787564821

That link parser sure breaks ebay links a lot.

#6 8 years ago

It still works for me. Here is tge item number 191787564821

Screenshot_2016-01-22-14-12-44_(resized).pngScreenshot_2016-01-22-14-12-44_(resized).png

#7 8 years ago

Though the woman on the backglass certainly appears to be stunning and brave, I prefer the artwork of the Tahiti bingo pin.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3401

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Though the woman on the backglass certainly appears to be stunning and brave, I prefer the artwork of the Tahiti bingo pin.
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3401

I see what you did there.

#9 8 years ago

Im looking for one i can drive to get. And me being a woman i dont care what the female artwork looks like lol

#10 8 years ago

Bingo machines don't come up a lot around here (Iowa) but when they do, they are usually $400 working and $200 non-working...and still they take a long time to sell. Last summer there was working one on CL and it dropped from $500 initial price to $90 before it sold 2 months later.

I just don't see much demand for them.

#11 8 years ago

Hmm. I just wonder if it would be fun if u liked gambling type games. He would love a slot machine but they are illegal in TN.

#12 8 years ago

I won Tahiti at a auction once, but found out they weigh a ton, so I kept the glass and re auction the game off later in the day and made money on it.

#13 8 years ago

I've seen most bingos at 300-400. Also understand what you are getting into maintenance wise.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

I won Tahiti at a auction once, but found out they weigh a ton, so I kept the glass and re auction the game off later in the day and made money on it.

Yeah the IPMD link for this one said it is pretty heavy too. I think it said over 300 lbs.

#15 8 years ago

From the photos it looks like it's in decent condition, but it's hard to tell - there may be minor damage on the playfield or flaking on the backglass when you look up close. $700 seems like the higher end for this style of bingo machine, so I'd expect it to be in prime working order with an excellent play field. Keep in mind that Ebay takes a cut, so sellers will over-price to compensate.

#16 8 years ago

I love bingos - $700 for a Nashville I would expect to be in really good shape (the playfields normally do not wear on these badly due to coating), the backglass appears to be in good shape.

Nashville is a great 6 card bingo, and is the next to last 6 card EM bingo that Bally produced. As such, it has a ton of great features to help you play/win.

I have no familiarity with bingo pricing in the TN area. However, this machine would not be worth $700 for me. The cabinet looks like it has damage repaired with wood screws, and the coin door is scratched up. This brings the price down quite a bit to me.

I am not a gambling person, but I love the bingos. Easy to understand your goal, but requires a lot of skill and thinking to achieve. I find slots, even ones with advancing odds to be a poor comparison, since the bingos rely directly on the player's skill.

-Edit- One thing to keep in mind - the $700 is not that bad of a price when you factor in the amount person might have paid someone to shop it. There are some very skilled bingo technicians in that area, as well. Remember that the 200-400 prices you see may be for games that are not fully working (despite what the ad says). Be sure to test it with the glass off.

Nashville is a 10 coin max game. That means for each flick of the coin switch, a new feature will light. The first 6 are lighting the bingo cards, and the remainder light features. The magic number should be different each game. Test each game with all 10 features lit.

#17 8 years ago

Also, note that you should not expect to move this era of bingo by yourself. Even apart, moving the head is a heavy challenge. Two people can move a Nashville easily, but a single person should not make the attempt.

#18 8 years ago

Oh, and a word about maintenance: maintaining a 6 card bingo that is in fully working order is really a matter of playing it, changing the rubbers and changing the balls every so often, along with cleaning and waxing. If it has been properly shopped, then it will likely not need much maintenance for a long time.

Myself, along with other bingo collectors are happy to provide help to those who need it. Despite the number of mechanisms, it's not much more complex than any other EM game. Fully working is a big plus!

#19 8 years ago

Im looking into a slot too so we will see what i come up with. Thank u all for info. He said he paif 1500 but would take 700 if thats all he could get. I was thinking 500 but for that i could get a good real slot. Decisions decisions

#20 8 years ago

Yeah ,I just edited my first post to keep that pricing into account - he likely paid a tech to do the work, and that can add up if they do it right!

If it's close by, see if you can set up an appt. to try it out?

#21 8 years ago

Around here you could not give one of these away. I have passed on non working for free and passed on working for 50-100.
    If it is not the nickel dispenser type then the market on these has long been dead.

non working was outdoors and broken BG.

#22 8 years ago

There was a guy who found some still new in box in South Carolina a couple years ago. Wonder if he sold them all?

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=308951

#23 8 years ago

Well, condition is king, as they say. Plenty of market for them without the nickel hoppers (in many areas). Not as easy to sell them as a flipper pinball, but there are many folks that are interested in these games.

Let me know next time you find a fully working bingo for $50. I've got lots of folks in the WA area looking. Heck, I might make a cross-country trip myself for a $50 fully working bingo.

#24 8 years ago

Occasionally titles like Tahiti pop up new in the box. That is not a popular title to many bingo players (I've never played one so do not have an opinion - sounds fun to me, but what do I know?) One of the NIB Tahitis popped up last year, in fact.

Miss Universe was also not a popular title.

Nashville has better playability than Miss Universe. Tahiti has a 20 hole playfield instead of the standard 25 hole, and Miss U is actually a 3 ball game with an 18 hole playfield.

#25 8 years ago

I did some looking around and was able to pick this slot up for $450 and i know it will make my husband happy, plus take up less room. We r running out of room lol

att_145349726000769_(resized).jpegatt_145349726000769_(resized).jpeg

#27 8 years ago

Thank you!

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ckykedworld:

I did some looking around and was able to pick this slot up for $450 and i know it will make my husband happy, plus take up less room. We r running out of room lol

Congrats! I hope they left some quarters in it for you too!

#29 8 years ago

I wish lol. Now i need a stand for it. Thung weighs 240lbs!

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ckykedworld:

ebay.com link
    My husband wants an old pin where the balls fall down in holes. I found this one within driving distance. Is it worth $700?

What a great wife you are! Am sure he knows that.

Dan

#31 8 years ago

Yes, thats why he bought me a restored taf! Its the least i could do lol

20160118_164523_(resized).jpg20160118_164523_(resized).jpg

#32 8 years ago

ebay.com link: Bally Bingo Pinball machine titled Tahiti
    Here's something similar for a lot less $$$.

#33 8 years ago

I saw that but it seems like it has problems plus too far to drive

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-old-pin-worth-700 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.