Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TomT
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is this how he acted here?”

• No never! 3 votes
      3%
    • Spot on. 45 votes
      45%
    • Who cares? 41 votes
      41%
    • He made no mention to pinside supporting him in his time of need... WTF 12 votes
      12%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

naphtha (resized).jpg
    p (resized).jpg
    cigar.gif
    grog.gif
    soup.gif
    train_wreck (resized).jpg
    F060463F-1DCD-497E-9026-24977A40498F (resized).png
    Underdog-600x338-1038x584 (resized).png
    24aztn (resized).jpg
    pizzacat.gif
    mexicat.gif
    Unknown (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=421835

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=421637

Just asking a simple question.

Also... Will you donate once again as he is now up to 80 games and wants your help once again.

Didn't he have 30 games when he was asking for donations? It seems he has no issue making money, but "can not work for anyone else"...

https://www.gofundme.com/pinballarcadeandvideogamemuseum

He posted today at 5:12pmCST.

"Just picked up a working and nice Track & Field 15 minutes from my house for $300 I've had on the docket for a while. Slowly inching down the projects I have lined up to buy and held for me. Love these leisurely pickups right next door. Seller was a nice guy who got it for free. Swoop in with a nice offer and you get exactly what you want. For what these go for, this is pocket change." -Otaku

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showpost.php?p=3751426&postcount=54

...what was the final tally for donations? $660

I believe the tally is up to Two members in less than 24hrs he has lashed out at due to referencing the pinside Donation Thread...

Thoughts?

Has he ever done personal attacks on members or their loved ones here?

#3 6 years ago

Never heard of him.

#4 6 years ago

He's just a kid that has a lot to learn...

#5 6 years ago

I thought I was hot shit when I was his age too. The older I get, the less I realize I know. Hope he figures that out too.

Mind you, I never asked for handouts.

#6 6 years ago

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=417885

Hates Pinside. Pinside was okay when he was begging money here.

LTG : )

#7 6 years ago

Pretty good at begging. Thought he crawled under a rock long ago. Guess he's still at it. I sent the ungrateful pinsider $40. Felt sorry for the machines, not him.

#8 6 years ago

The games he brought to shows were always trashed and marginally working at best....

#9 6 years ago

Nice to see he's charming a whole new group of arcade enthusiasts, and has such kind things to say about a site where folks gave him $660 after his sob story and the administrators went out of their way to defend him and promote his "[buy more games for my] basement fund."

I'm sure his tenure over at KLOV will be a similar success and last just as long. He's making friends there already!

#10 6 years ago

I remember that guy, though I never heard back when I offered to send him one of these.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

Edit: Downvotes for trying to be nice?

#12 6 years ago

Nevermind.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

All I know is that Otaku has a tremendous amount of passion for the Electromechanical Pinball Machines.
    And I'm sure that he's a much better person in real life than when he's sitting behind a keyboard.

Now you know more after reading this thread.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

He's just angry because he looks like weird Al's ugly son.

I think Weird Al performed wherever this guy was born roughly 20 years ago.

#15 6 years ago

Begging for money like a complete low life, lazy, piece... but hey, lots of people fell for the gimmick. Hell, maybe he was onto something.

#16 6 years ago

Total loser

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

The games he brought to shows were always trashed and marginally working at best....

Quality over quantity. If quantity is what Otaku's after, he's gonna wind up with a pile of projects.

#18 6 years ago

mexicat.gifmexicat.gif

pizzacat.gifpizzacat.gif

#19 6 years ago

Guys. He's just a kid.
    My only concern is that at 17 all I cared about was getting pusky not electromechanical pinball. Priorities seem to be amiss.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Guys. He's just a kid.

Exactly! And when he does grow up he will learn how to not piss people off, and therefore not get such bad internet reviews.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Exactly! And when he does grow up he will learn how to not piss people off, and therefore not get such bad internet reviews.

Shouldn't you be reclining against some equipment somewhere and not helping a damsel in distress?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from dontfeed:

Shouldn't you be reclining against some equipment somewhere and not helping a damsel in distress?

I was so blind I couldn't see that damsel wanted to be reclining on my equipment.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was so blind I couldn't see that damsel wanted to be reclining on my equipment.

I lol'd

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Guys. He's just a kid.
    My only concern is that at 17 all I cared about was getting pusky not electromechanical pinball. Priorities seem to be amiss.

Isn't he like mid twenties?
    Either way he is a pos. His grandma's house was flooding and all he cared about was filling her house with pinball machines. He refused to sell anything to help foot the bill for a sump pit and people here were defending him and saying ooh he's just a kid.
    Everyone was younger. Everyone fucked up at one point or another. But I guarantee everyone didn't go trying to make strangers feel bad for them and ask them for money.
    Everything about him screams scumbag. Remember when he made "the ultimate guide to em pinball" but it was actually just snipits from other guides that he took credit for?
    ...fuck that guy. He's not doing anything for the hobby.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Briehl:

Isn't he like mid twenties?

He'll always be 17 to us.

24aztn (resized).jpg24aztn (resized).jpg

#26 6 years ago

Yup, +1.
    17 or whatever age.

#28 6 years ago

Hey hes just a kid give him a break. Life is tough he will learn fast, especially with his attitude.

#29 6 years ago

It's a shame the one thing a young person can't learn on the internet is manners.

Not much of that to be found in the real world anymore either.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

Hey hes just a kid give him a break. Life is tough he will learn fast, especially with his attitude.

That's just bullshit. My daughters at 8 and 10 know whats right and wrong. Begging for money and flat out saying, " I'm not selling anything to help myself", isn't being young or a kid. It's flat out "I'm entitled, screw you".

#31 6 years ago

Thought he only messed with em pinballs? Didnt know about arcades

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Thought he only messed with em pinballs? Didnt know about arcades

Yeah I didn't know he was into the arcade games either. I would think that the arcade games would be a lot tougher to maintain (more circuit boards, CRT's etc...)

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

Has he ever done personal attacks on members or their loved ones here?

Claimed he did my wife .... she denies it though.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

That's just bullshit. My daughters at 8 and 10 know whats right and wrong. Begging for money and flat out saying, " I'm not selling anything to help myself", isn't being young or a kid. It's flat out "I'm entitled, screw you".

Whats bs is jumping down some ignorant kid's throat for being ballsy in my book...besides junky em's aren't worth shit anyways let him have some fun! lol

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Claimed he did my wife .... she denies it though.

Oh crap, I had totally forgotten about that!

#37 6 years ago

While I admit, I poked some holes in his "Business Plan", I wanted to find out if this guy was just playing the victim.

Seems that is Exactly what he does.

Now I could have exploded like a child having a tantrum, but why?

I now see, he is just regurgitating what he has learned from you fellas, and calling it his own, He had his signature as "Self proclaimed expert in EM Pins"

I'm Sorry this thread turned this way, but I just had to know if it was me? or him.... YUP It's HIM, he seems to do this everywhere.

But what I do not understand is where all this supposed money is coming from...... if he has 70 machines... (40+ from when he got donations) and I just talked to another guy on klov and he has 2 more he is going to buy... plus is heading to "dj dns" 's place (only deals in higher end merch)..... where did all this money come from in what... 10ish months from when he was flat broke as he stated?

Also Found this..... I guess that's what he is going to call his place.....

https://www.trademarkia.com/gameseum-87708912.html

#38 6 years ago

I love to root for the underdog. lol

Underdog-600x338-1038x584 (resized).pngUnderdog-600x338-1038x584 (resized).png

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It's a shame the one thing a young person can't learn on the internet is manners.
    Not much of that to be found in the real world anymore either.

You’re one to talk. I was just looking at your yelp rating.

#40 6 years ago

He has an interesting name and living in Japan it caught my eye.

For those supporting this guy as he is “just a kid,” his request for charity is straight BS.

IMO Gofundme used in this manner is a straight travesty.

I ask those on the fence to think of what you have done when you were this guy’s age and realize that digging drainage ditches, serving tables, working the trades as an apprentice, or serving in the military to make ends meet to reach a goal is what we are as adults. Asking strangers for money through the internet is a pussy easy way. If he wants easy money, go panhandle on lower Wacker Drive in Chicago - maybe then he will cut his hair and get a job.

Sick of this kind of shit

Ok, rant over - thanks all

F060463F-1DCD-497E-9026-24977A40498F (resized).pngF060463F-1DCD-497E-9026-24977A40498F (resized).png

#41 6 years ago

I'm curious of how much he payed it forward as he stated he would for all the generosity of pinsiders that sent money? Many came with pitchforks to defend him. I wonder how they feel now as well?

#42 6 years ago

Yikes, thought the dude was weird & quirky on here. However his posts on the other forum show was kind of true pos he is. Worst part is it looks like he moved closer to me!

#43 6 years ago

“Gameseum” would...uhhh...not be my first choice for a name.

#44 6 years ago

Ill wait for beelzeboob to chime in, since he has met the guy, and I doubt Otaku will be explaining himself.

#45 6 years ago

the whole thing of rattling a cup for other people's money to benefit themselves is something i cant stand.

#46 6 years ago

Regardless of age he seems to be a manipulator and con artist. High opinion of himself. If the arcade business doesnt work out he would make a good politician.

#47 6 years ago

Crazylevi jumping in that klov thread was unexpected and pure gold. Kind of like the WWF VHS tapes I'd watch 25 yrs ago where some evil character was pulling some shit in the ring & suddenly the entrance music for hulk hogan plays and he rushes in to set everything straight

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Philk:

Crazylevi jumping in that klov thread was unexpected and pure gold. Kind of like the WWF VHS tapes I'd watch 25 yrs ago where some evil character was pulling some shit in the ring & suddenly the entrance music for hulk hogan plays and he rushes in to set everything straight

I choked on my beer.....I laughed so hard... fk almighty

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Philk:

I have been a member of KLOV for awhile, but GOD does the interface give me a headache, so this was my reason to finally give them my $10, so I could post properly and comment on Otaku

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

I have been a member of KLOV for awhile, but GOD does the interface give me a headache, so this was my reason to finally give them my $10, so I could post properly and comment on otaku

LOL i just read that. I guess he will find out about this thread... now that you Tagged him...

I wonder if he will call me fat again with tits bigger than his mothers.... (his words not mine)

Weird that he would inspect his mothers.... and have some sort of carnal knowledge of them to be able to aptly compare and contrast them...

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-how-he-acted-here?hl=lovelycoconuts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.