Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Blake
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is Pinball still affordable to average Joe?”

• NIB pricing is too high 287 votes
      52%
    • NIB pricing is what it should be 38 votes
      7%
    • Re-sale pricing is getting to be too much as well 229 votes
      41%

(Multiple choice - 554 votes by 418 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

quote-well-columbus-wasn-t-looking-for-america-my-man-but-that-turned-out-to-be-pretty-okay-vince-vaughn-63-27-47 (resized).jpg
    CBB6E537-E684-4C74-8DCD-3DCB424C612E.gif
    B3213EA6-2C79-42C5-AA6B-E6D64BA6C121 (resized).png
    IMG_7602 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7605 (resized).JPG
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    g138126905174655302 (resized).jpg
    pinimage (resized).jpg
    IMG_0786 (resized).PNG
    IMG-20171202-WA0006 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20171203-WA0000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20171201-WA0011 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin-up.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#197 6 years ago

I just browsed through most of this thread. All the stuff about the wife/girl friend objecting just cracks me up. I've been with my wife for 11 years. She's not into pins or arcades much, but she doesn't have any say in what I spend my money on and I have no say in what she spends hers on. We get along just fine and have completely taken out the chance for any money arguments, which seems to be the start of most things with other couples I know anyway. All you have to do is never have a shared bank account. Split up your mtg/utility bills evenly according to the percentage of money you each make, you pay bill a, b, and x, and she pays c, e, and y, and you each have the rest to do whatever you'd like to do with, so long as the house is paid for first, because obviously that's the most important thing. Neither person needs to touch the others leftovers.

Does no one else do this?

I've got around 100 pins/arcades...... not a peep about it from the wife, as it should be. She goes crazy with her hobbies too and it's great. We both get to explore our passions, whatever they may be at the moment, without having to bother the other about spending whatever it costs. If the money is there, have at it. If it's not, save until it is and proceed

I bought one of the Rob Zombie pins from Spooky last year and she just laughed. Of course, I did the same thing when she bought a bunch of stuff to build her chicken coops more like a house......

3 weeks later
    #245 6 years ago

So is this thread like the Floyd Mayweather/#meetoo interview? "#MeToo movement? Whats that like when someone says to you "hey I got Rolls Royce and your like "yeah, #me too". Or is it like when someone says "I just got a billion dollars." And your like "yea, #metoo."

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin-up.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-hobby-still-affordable?tu=Pin-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.