Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-807.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Here is the description on the listing.

"Great shape, rebuilt, well-maintained. Includes spare parts and manual."

I am waiting to receive more pics on this machine. With the single photo and the description, I feel like this machine is over priced, right?

What would you value it at with the current info?

Thanks in advance!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Not even turned on? Absolutely no, IMO.

#3 9 years ago

It better be cq or hep for that kind of coin. I Think 2k would be a stretch for a huo.

#4 9 years ago

Yeah, there was just a HUO for sale here for 2200 i think

#5 9 years ago

No

#6 9 years ago

No.
Seller is a crack head that's been watching too much pawn stars.

#7 9 years ago

Only you can answer if it's worth it to you...............Joey

#8 9 years ago

I wouldn't buy a hs2 for that much let alone a hs1. You can find one cheaper. They're around. Or just convince this guy what it's really worth. No pics, not turned on, no close ups or info...I can only imagine some of the craigslist comments he must be getting from guys trying to beat him up right now.

#9 9 years ago

Stay away, that's waaay overpriced. You could do much better pin and dollar wise!~SpOoKy

#10 9 years ago

Based on what info you have provided, it's not worth more than $500 which is the "safe" number for me to part out a machine. You need to assume worst case if you're buying sight unseen. Could have a trashed playfield, water damage, destroyed boards...

But on the other hand, it's worth going to look at. You never know when you find a jewel that's a one owner mint huo machine that's been forgotten about for decades....

#11 9 years ago

I bought my HS that has a 9 out of 10 cabinet, everything working with a little playfield wear on the kickback outline (which is common) for $900. Now it is getting a CPR playfield and still, I wouldn't ask that much for it, if, and I said "if" I ever sell. WARNING STAY AWAY FROM THAT ONE!

#12 9 years ago

Absolutely not. I can only think of one HS worth that price and it was a head to toe restore.

#13 9 years ago

Another 'no' vote here.....They do pop up on pinside for much less and you have a much better idea of what you are getting and from who.

#14 9 years ago

How many are in the lot? 2 or 3?

#15 9 years ago

Very high priced for HS. Get some more pictures of the cabinet and close ups of the playfield. Topper is there which is typically gone, but you can find them out there as it is...

#16 9 years ago

Crazy expensive.... no way.

#17 9 years ago

High speed is a cool game.

too high at $27xx -- maybe getaway at that price if its super nice or something?

$1200 tops for HS

just wait,,,, they are common and come around all the time!

#18 9 years ago

No way. I would go with a nice getaway in the 2000-2400 range. HS maybe 1000-1400.

#19 9 years ago

Here are the additional photos the seller sent. He also included a 12 second video. The lights and siren appear to work.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-807.jpgimage-807.jpg
#20 9 years ago
Quoted from LordCrom:

Here is the description on the listing.
"Great shape, rebuilt, well-maintained. Includes spare parts and manual."
I am waiting to receive more pics on this machine. With the single photo and the description, I feel like this machine is over priced, right?
What would you value it at with the current info?
Thanks in advance!

image.jpg 24 KB

I don't even need to see a picture. IMHO, no High Speed is worth $2750 in any condition.

#21 9 years ago

Thank the seller for the pics and video. But politely decline. If they ask why, just say you've done some research now and have found that the price is about $1500-$2000 to high.

#22 9 years ago

*UPDATE*

Went out to look at the machine. There is a chip taking out of the top right side of the back box. Its probably about 2 inches by 2 inches and about 1/8th of an inch deep. It has been spot painted black. The playfield is lightly faded. There is a warped playfield piece just above the left flipper. It has mylar on the playfield. There are some minor marks to both sides of the cabinet. Only one light bulb out that I saw.

The pin was powered up, but the start button didn't initiate a game. He said he is going to correct it and will ask me back out to play it if I so desire.

He says he has owned the machine for 24 years. He has the original manual and what looked like a purchase receipt that I did not get to look at. I don't believe he is the original owner, but one of very few possibly. We didn't discuss price yet, but he said that when he looked around online, he saw them listed for anywhere from $750-$5000.

What are your thoughts? How much would you offer?

Just got the text, he says he has it fixed, going to be heading back out there to take a look at it again soon.

#23 9 years ago

$650-$1000 depending on condition.
How something is LISTED and what it SELLS FOR are two different numbers.
-mof

#24 9 years ago

*Final update*

Okay, went out and looked at the pin again, was able to play it. The pin is not properly leveled so it plays slow. He has it set to 5 balls and kickback is always lit.

There was small playfield wear around the top right corner. he had mentioned that the batteries had corroded onto the board in the back box, but he appeared to have cleaned it pretty well, I was not able to tell. Holes had been filled where there had been a lock bar installed before and painted over.

I started with an offer of $650. He looked at me as though I was from another planet. Again, his asking price is $2750. I asked him if he wanted to throw me a counter offer. He said, "Not when the divide is that far." I attempted one last stab at $800 and you could see he wasn't remotely interested if the offer was going to be so low.

He isn't a pinhead. He's owned this one pin for 24 years. He's done a little looking online and I believe he believes he can get an offer significantly closer to what he is asking for. He doesn't understand the true value of his pin.

#25 9 years ago

He should take it on pawn stars, they'll tell what it's worth

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from LordCrom:

*Final update*
Okay, went out and looked at the pin again, was able to play it. The pin is not properly leveled so it plays slow. He has it set to 5 balls and kickback is always lit.
There was small playfield wear around the top right corner. he had mentioned that the batteries had corroded onto the board in the back box, but he appeared to have cleaned it pretty well, I was not able to tell. Holes had been filled where there had been a lock bar installed before and painted over.
I started with an offer of $650. He looked at me as though I was from another planet. Again, his asking price is $2750. I asked him if he wanted to throw me a counter offer. He said, "Not when the divide is that far." I attempted one last stab at $800 and you could see he wasn't remotely interested if the offer was going to be so low.
He isn't a pinhead. He's owned this one pin for 24 years. He's done a little looking online and I believe he believes he can get an offer significantly closer to what he is asking for. He doesn't understand the true value of his pin.

Welcome to the hobby.
-mof

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from LordCrom:

He's done a little looking online and I believe he believes he can get an offer significantly closer to what he is asking for.

Definately pass on this. and good luck to him getting even close to what hes asking.
sounds like it has many issues. who says hes had it for 24years? he could just be flipping it.
you'll find a better one on here, at a much less cost.

wonder what under the playfield looks like.

#28 9 years ago

High speeds where I'm at go for about 1100

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-high-speed-worth-2750 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.