(Topic ID: 147243)

Is this GamePlan Super Nova a prototype?

By PurpleTophat

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151220_214823.jpg

#1 8 years ago

So I'm at my wife's friend's house playing her dad's pinball collection. One non-working game caught my eye. It's a GamePlan Super Nova. Her dad says when he bought it years ago, he was told that it was a prototype game. Looking at pics online, it looks like most I can find have white on the cabinet and backglass where this one is mostly purple with some orange. No white paint at all. He is in the Chicago suburbs, so it would makes sense that prototypes would be floating around the area.

Anybody have any info on this? It's not currently working, but he's curious if it's rare, sought after, or worth much of anything because he might want to make a trade to change up his collection. I figured I'd see if anyone here had any input! Thanks!

20151220_214823.jpg20151220_214823.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Do you happen to know what the serial number is? There should be a plate one of the sides of the backbox.

#3 8 years ago

Model Number 150

Serial Number 2034

Does that help? Thanks for the reply by the way!

#4 8 years ago

Well, there are only 4 other serial numbers on the IPSND for this game and they are all in the 3000s. Can you post some pics onto IPDB and our archive?

1000 made so the normal game itself isn't rare per se however a lot of Gameplans were parted out because nobody makes parts for them. Nowadays there aren't very many left. If it is a prototype, that would definitely be rare.

#5 8 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for the info! She said she would take a few better pics over the next few days and send them to me, so I will definitely post them up to both sites.

It's so cool to find stuff like that just sitting in some guy's basement.

4 weeks later
#6 8 years ago

It's not a desirable title gameplay-wise, but they didn't make many of them. I've been looking for one as it fits my collecting habits of bringing in oddball stuff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-gameplan-super-nove-a-prototype and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.