(Topic ID: 161025)

Is this Full House BG Toast? Offer Ideas?

By monsonb

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by monsonb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bug_(resized).JPG
Plastic_Klondike_Slot_(resized).jpg
DSC03919_(resized).JPG
DSC03921_(resized).JPG
FH_1_(resized).jpg
FH_2_(resized).jpg
FH_3_(resized).jpg
FH_4_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I have a chance to buy a '66 Williams Full House locally, but I think the top of the backglass looks like it's pretty bad. The seller is willing to deal on one machine, but I'm not sure what it's worth. Any ideas from eagle-eyed Pinsiders would be appreciated.

These pics are what I have to go off of.
FH_1_(resized).jpgFH_1_(resized).jpgFH_2_(resized).jpgFH_2_(resized).jpgFH_3_(resized).jpgFH_3_(resized).jpgFH_4_(resized).jpgFH_4_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

looks like a cool game. You can probably seal that glass and keep it mostly in it's current state or send it off to bgresto and spend $300+ on a repro.

#3 7 years ago

I'd give $400 for that game provided cabinet isn't trash and playfield is relatively flat...worse case, you are in for $700-800 with a new glass and have a great looking game.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

looks like a cool game. You can probably seal that glass and keep it mostly in it's current state or send it off to bgresto and spend $300+ on a repro.

Probably less than that for a bgresto.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Probably less than that for a bgresto.

$225 + $50 shipping I think...call it $300...especially if you have to mail the glass to them

#6 7 years ago

Thanks for the replies! If I get the game I'll report back.

#7 7 years ago

If you get a new one, make sure it shows Uncle Jesse, can't figure out why I don't see him on this one

#8 7 years ago

Good luck on the Full House. I love my Top Hand (AAB version of Full House). The playfields will clean up great with some elbow grease.

Check out my rebuild thread on Top hand if you wish
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1966-williams-top-hand-aab-cards-babes-the-old-west

#9 7 years ago

I like that machine,don't worry about the BG, get it and make it a killer player.

#10 7 years ago

That center plastic is always broken. It would be a good one for someone to repro. It is a Williams part though, so gotta get an executive order to do it.

#11 7 years ago

I picked up the Full House this afternoon for $275. The cabinet has a horrible paint job, but it's coming off with some old Goof Off my mother-in-law had. I think the bottom cab is original, but the backbox may not be.
DSC03921_(resized).JPGDSC03921_(resized).JPGDSC03919_(resized).JPGDSC03919_(resized).JPG

It will be a players game, but it will be fun bringing it back to playing condition.

Very cool thread, I'm looking forward to reading it in detail.

#12 7 years ago

You might be able to adapt this slot reel cover from Pinball Rescue in AU.
It is meant for WMS Klondike/Jackpot/Yukon pin
but It is basically the same, might have to move the mounting posts a bit.
Graphics are not the same but looks better than totally cracked plastic cover that you have
imho.

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Slot_Reel_Cover.html

Plastic_Klondike_Slot_(resized).jpgPlastic_Klondike_Slot_(resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

You might be able to adapt this slot reel cover from Pinball Rescue in AU.

That's a cool idea, and I wouldn't have thought of it myself. Thanks.

#14 7 years ago

Nice Beetle!

#15 7 years ago

Thank you. It's a '62.

#16 7 years ago

+1

#17 7 years ago

Bug_(resized).JPGBug_(resized).JPG
I'm from a small Iowa town, and I grew up seeing this Bug in the high school parking lot. I loved it, but it belonged to the high school principal. I didn't dare get near it to check it out. He retired after I graduated, and one Saturday morning it was in his driveway with a "For Sale" sign. I was able to buy it for $800 (in 1988).
I'm a high school teacher now, and I can park it in the faculty lot if I want to.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-full-house-bg-toast-offer-ideas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.