4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by undrdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

flickering tens & ones digits
    9s and 0s look the same for each digit.
    5s and 6s look the same for each digit.

#2 4 years ago

Check this out "https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flaky-display-segments-dendrites#post-2574306"
    Fixed a Williams 6 digit display with the exact same issue as yours.

#3 4 years ago

If you aren't able to fix it, I have a couple spare displays I can send your way.

#4 4 years ago

Thank you, Danovh and PBEarwood

Funny, but now that the machine has been on for a while, the display isn't doing it any more!! Except for one random dot, it looks great. Switched it on and off, still looks good. What in the world??

PBEarwood, PM sent.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Thank you, danovh and pbearwood
    Funny, but now that the machine has been on for a while, the display isn't doing it any more!! Except for one random dot, it looks great. Switched it on and off, still looks good. What in the world??
    PBEarwood, PM sent.

Not unusual for a plasma display. If the panel is flaky, it will happen again.

1 week later
    #6 4 years ago

I might as well play around with a dead display I have. Probably my soldering skills won’t be up to the job, and probably the issue is dead components on the display’s board . They look burned. I don’t have replacements.

I don’t mind ruining a dead display even further, but I sure don’t want to mess up my machine.

What’s the worse thing that can happen when I install my ‘fixed’ display? Blown fuse?

Thanks

undrdog

#7 4 years ago

Never mind. Fixed the ones, tens and thousands digits. Dumb luck, a little common sense, and a soldering iron.

Maybe I can get the other digits working, too. Weekend project.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-fixable-bally-six-digit-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.