Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

00Y0Y_2Jah4B8t9wO_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00n0n_ltnTv9ZsdiR_1200x900 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I know you can't see a ton from the pics. I have not seen it in person but it will be a drive to get the game and I want to know where I stand on the refurb. It looks like the repo playfields are available but spendy so I'd have to get the game for a song to make it worth it. But if this is a light sand, replace some decals and clearcoat kind of thing then it could be a good find.

I can't tell if the bubbles over the inserts are clearcoat peeling or maybe it's mylar? I see that the inserts near the bottom have some missing decal. I can't really tell what is going on... is part mylar, if so which part? There is some sort of clear delineation right below the right side targets that goes down diagonally.. but is that mylar over the bottom or top? Looks like inserts near the right targets and maybe the bottom right of the center clear inserts have some wearing of the lettering.

So I'm thinking you remove the mylar, clean the whole thing, light sanding, touchup, decals for missing letters, clear.

Any thoughts?

00n0n_ltnTv9ZsdiR_1200x900 (resized).jpg00n0n_ltnTv9ZsdiR_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00Y0Y_2Jah4B8t9wO_1200x900 (resized).jpg00Y0Y_2Jah4B8t9wO_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

I personally like this game a lot. But the time to "restore" it will never be worth the $. Considering this game is not worth much to begin with you will never get back your time spent.

#3 6 years ago

Jean-Luc-Picard I wasn't really thinking about the time as an investment. I've had fun restoring a Cyclone. So if I can get in it cheap and restore it, while building some equity, even better. If it is a strip and touch up project, I'd like to do that. If it needs a new playfield then I'd have to get it pretty damn close to free.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

jean-luc-picard I wasn't really thinking about the time as an investment. I've had fun restoring a Cyclone. So if I can get in it cheap and restore it, while building some equity, even better. If it is a strip and touch up project, I'd like to do that. If it needs a new playfield then I'd have to get it pretty damn close to free.

+1 for doing things for the fun of it.

#5 6 years ago

Just do it !
Not always about money and flipping to make a buck

It's self rewarding to make it look it's best

Get cracking !

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

+1 for doing things for the fun of it.

Fun... but only if it isn't completely stupid at the same time

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Just do it !
Not always about money and flipping to make a buck
It's self rewarding to make it look it's best
Get cracking !

But I just need to know if it IS possible to restore it from what we can see. It's like a 2-3 hour drive, so hate to go on a whim if I am still paying decent money. If it isn't restorable I don't want to end up with a crap game sitting around that I lost a bunch of money on.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

if it IS possible to restore it from what we can see.

Anything is possible but not profitable, I like playing F-14 and if you can get it at a "players condition" price then go for it. With the mylar bubbling like that when you remove it the text and paint around the inserts has already come off the p/f and will be stuck to the mylar. The inserts are faded and cracked and will need to be replaced. If the price is right remove the mylar, clean and wax, then play the crap out of it.

#9 6 years ago

Yes, you can restore this
But buying it for more then $600
I would not recommend

#10 6 years ago

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-f-14-playfield-restorable and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.