Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DNO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Maiden rub (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

I have an Iron Maiden Pre that I purchased new and all of my inserts are slightly higher than the playfield. I'm curious if it somewhat normal or if there could be problems later in its life?

I did a rub of the playfield, and attached a photo.

Cheers

Maiden rub (resized).jpgMaiden rub (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

i would expect those to chip like crazy - should be perfectly flat, in a perfect world -

#3 1 year ago

You can almost always feel a slight difference in elevation when you rub your hand on it. Just depends on how much it’s actually raised. In your case appears to be about normal.

#4 1 year ago

So the inserts lettering showed up too? For that to show up so pronounced too makes me wonder if the whole effect on the paper is kinda exaggerated.

#5 1 year ago

Frame those up, $100 each!!
    It’s tough to tell how raised they are with that method of showing however.
    Wait till the dimples set in then do it again and see.
    But I actually think it is fine.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Frame those up, $100 each!!
    It’s tough to tell how raised they are with that method of showing however.
    Wait till the dimples set in then do it again and see.
    But I actually think it is fine.

The dimples can make a grown man cry

#8 1 year ago

You’re missing half of the tablet. I think I might know where it is. I’ll need my dads diary though.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re missing half of the tablet. I think I might know where it is. I’ll need my dads diary though.

HA! Harrison Ford knows what you did there!

#10 1 year ago

Okay, Thanks for the input people.

It's hard to photograph hence the rub and I can feel it quite easily, but if seems okay to the more experienced I'm happy with it then. It only really effects the ball on slow rolls at times and my biggest concern was the possibility of future chipping.

The Last Crusade reference was hilarious, so thanks for that. It's one of my favorite movies!

#11 1 year ago

You could put down some mylar or a playfield protector to give yourself piece of mind to prevent wear or chipping.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammer3246:

Okay, Thanks for the input people.
    It's hard to photograph hence the rub and I can feel it quite easily, but if seems okay to the more experienced I'm happy with it then. It only really effects the ball on slow rolls at times and my biggest concern was the possibility of future chipping.
    The Last Crusade reference was hilarious, so thanks for that. It's one of my favorite movies!

Affecting ball travel is NOT normal. Get with your distributor and get the issue documented. If the playfield gets damaged you’ll need the issue documented so that you can get a replacement populated playfield.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Affecting ball travel is NOT normal. Get with your distributor and get the issue documented.

Well, I have heard people say that dimples can have influence on ball travel.
    I think we need to see pictures or proof before trusting a pencil rub for ringing up a distributor.

#14 1 year ago

We don’t need to see anything. It’s something to work out with stern and their distributor.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

We don’t need to see anything. It’s something to work out with stern and their distributor

I guess I’m not into wasting everyone’s time like some. Show some PROOF.
    As far as I see, the ink on the inserts is just as raised as the edge of the inserts with this method of showing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-common-with-playfields and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.