Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pkiefert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Just like fellow pinheads feedback on this BOP,would you say from pics she looks nice enough to own?
    I want a nice example to both play and look at!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

What you think?!

#3 10 years ago

It would depend on price. It looks pretty solid some ghosting on a few inserts maybe even some delamination. If it does not affect ball travel at this time not a big deal but price should reflect this.

And is that just dirty old mylar on the right side of the middle shot?

If just looking for a solid game to play this is probably good enough if it is at a descent price point.

Best of luck in your hunt for BOP.

#4 10 years ago

How much? There's quite a bit of insert wear, way too hard to see if any inserts are raised or which ramps/plastics are cracked. Also would help to see shot of the boards and underneath the PF and the inside of the cab.

Outer Cab looks good, PF isn't the best (but really not that bad either); the game is a lot of fun though. Just really depends on what they're asking for it and how much you can get them down to actually buy.

#5 10 years ago

$2500 U.S...is that yellow Mylar easy enough to remove?
    Sorry what is "ghosting" and can inserts be repaired successfully?
    Thanks

#6 10 years ago

Is the an absurd idea...what you think if I was to purchase a "good" BOP to satisfy my desire of having in collection while then searching for a "excellent" one to one day upgrade too?
    Does that make sense or stupidity?

#7 10 years ago

I'd ask for better pictures. Like has been said, can't tell if anything's broken, etc. The plastic to the right of the shuttle ramp doesn't look right to me (blue one). I'll have to look at mine when I get home. The mylar bubbling over the inserts is very common in this game, so I would ask yourself if you can live with that or not. From what I hear, removing mylar on this title can be pretty difficult & damaging to inserts/decals/paintwork. Obviously the price is going to seem high to most on here, but I'm sure pins are more costly at your location.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from dangermouse007:

Does that make sense or stupidity?

Not to rain on your parade but have you put any thought into this at all?

$2500 usd = $3000 nzd

How do you get the machine to a port for shipping?

Who is going to pack it?

Who is checking the packing is import/export compliant?

Who is filling in a customs export form?

How much does it cost to ship a pinball machine from an American port?

How much is Kerry going to charge you to convert the voltage and fix all the inevitable issues it has?

My estimate is that it would cost you $5000 nzd to get that game running in your house.

A BOP is a $2000-3000 nzd game max.

You'd be better to go to an owner of a BOP in Auckland and make them a decent offer.

rd.

#9 10 years ago

BOP is a fun non-DMD pin. Many will say the main objective is to shoot the ramp over and over, which I would mostly agree with. Mine is in pretty good shape and I would say it's worth around $1,500-$2,000 US. Based on the pics and the fact you'd have to pay all the other costs to get it to you, I would try to find one local.

#10 10 years ago

I think you can shop around a bit DM you will get there in the end. The price just isn't right. Get BR looking out for one for you. Sure he will set you on the right path or tell your story in a thread and throw your self on the mercy of pinside... You might be surprised at how far theses guys are willing to go to help + it would make for good reading, the whole process.

#11 10 years ago

get one local, if you have any friends in Australia maybe they can send one over for you. It is good to inspect a game before you buy it.

I noticed Dave has 2 BOPS in his collection maybe he can sell you one if the price is right

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from dangermouse007:

$2500 U.S...is that yellow Mylar easy enough to remove?
    Sorry what is "ghosting" and can inserts be repaired successfully?
    Thanks

The yellow is not mylar. in the center PF shot the mylar is the nice area, the yellow is the uncovered area that my is nicotine stained. You can lighten it a bit but it wont go away. there is no wear under the spinner that I can see which is good. there is no ghosting (clear pulling up off inserts, CV is know for this) BoP is not cleared, except for a very few. The mylar is almost certainly bubbles over the "belly inserts" its very typical. 2500 is a lot for BoP but its a great game, but I would not sell mine even for that price. Can't tell is there is wear at the ball drop spots though.

#13 10 years ago

There was an incredible BOP at Pinball at the Zoo a couple weeks ago. Heavily modded and just beautiful.

I believe Dutch Pinball is also working on a DMD version of BOP. I think there is video of it at http://www.dutchpinball.com

It's now on my list to own after playing it for the first time at PATZ.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-bop-worthy-of-purchase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.