(Topic ID: 8203)

Is this blasphemous???

By gambit3113

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

The one pin that is most responsible for my addiction is Twilight Zone. After I got out of school, it was the only machine I cared about owning, and it took me a couple of years to finally locate the one I currently own. Of course, I couldn't stop at just one. My current lineup is LOTR LE, TAF, TZ and AFM. WOZLE is on order. But right now, after finally switching to Pinball Life coils on my LOTR, TZ is a clear and distinct #4 on my list of preference. I just don't play it much anymore.

My favorite games of all time are AFM and MM. I greatly enjoy the deep rule-set game, too, but TAF and LOTR get my time way more often than TZ. AFM gets more time than all of the other combined, though.

That said, I am thinking about trading my really nice, no-fade, modded and LED'd TZ. I have a current offer of a beautiful, HUO, modded Iron Man Pro. I had not played IM yet, so I went to a local location with an IM on site for a couple of hours today to try it out, and I thought it was a blast. Really considering this trade. Was looking for SM before IM, but this IM is really, really nice. But there is just something that makes me ill about the thought of trading out what was once my grail, even though I know that I won't go home and play it tonight. Or tomorrow, either.

Anyone else that grew tired of TZ at home and traded it or sold it? Miss it? Glad it's gone?

#2 12 years ago

I say if you don't play TZ much and can trade it for a pin you love and will play much more frequently do it. I would look for a SM for trade rather than IM as they are much harder to get your hands on and easier to sell/trade in the future. I hear a lot of people selling and then buying another TZ. That is what is great with the higher production number you can find it in the future if you really wanted to.

#3 12 years ago

I have had HS2 come through twice. I have sellers regret on about 1/2 of the pins that have moved on. Having said that, you get over it.

If something new interests you, trade out. It's probably better and cheaper than trying this method with spouses...

#4 12 years ago

It's weird and i do get that feeling sometimes but I know I will regret it
    if I ever get rid of my TZ.I have been spending more time on LOTR lately
    but LOTR would go first before TZ that's for sure.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

modded Iron Man Pro

From what i hear the Pro is not that great.

#6 12 years ago

Well, I agreed with you Pinmike, about LOTR going before TZ. I even posted up pics of my LOTR here to get an idea of what LEs were going for, and got a few PM'd offers. But then my wife caught wind of this, and put up way more of a fight than I thought she would....so I spent several good hours on the machine to re-evaluate, and determined that what I hated about the game was the inability to make the center shot after awhile. Switched to Terry's coils and haven't looked back.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

From what i hear the Pro is not that great.

Iron Man is different than the current Stern naming scheme. There is no Iron Man LE, so Pro is what you want. Classic is what you don't want.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Switched to Terry's coils and haven't looked back

Yes they do make a big difference and Heck they were so strong in mine
    they cracked the inner plastic on the ring.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

There is no Iron Man LE, so Pro is what you want. Classic is what you don't want

Sorry,Sorry, I got mixed up there for a minute.Thanks for correcting
    me Stang.

#10 12 years ago

Not even close to being blasphemous. IM is a kick-ass pin!

#11 12 years ago

Hold out for SM. IM is a fun game but Spidey is the better choice for long term use.

#12 12 years ago

If you really like IM then get it.
    It doesn't matter what others think, it is your collection. If someone has regrets about you selling your pin, they will get over it.
    You do get over selling a pin. But if for some reason you really have to have TZ back then it won't be hard to find one.

#13 12 years ago

Damn, the CL flaggers are out in full force tonight.

Still thinking about IM, but really would like to find a SM or MB to work out a trade, +\- cash.

Pics of my TZ are here, if anyone is interested....

http://photobucket.com/CDGTZ

No cabinet fade, no PF wear, solid all around. Full LEDs inserts and backbox, LED gumball light kit, translite matched gumballs, Robby Robot, Airliner with LEDs.

#14 12 years ago

I say trade it for something you will play. I have had many pins come and go, loved most of them and remember them fondly but don't truly miss a one - not even the ones I swore I would never part with.

That said, I lack the emotional attachment "collectors" have with their inanimate objects...so if you have feelings that I don't you may not want to take my advice. I buy them to play them and when I don't play them anymore it's time for something different.

#15 12 years ago

I sold mine. Wouldn't do it again.

#16 12 years ago

I've had my TZ for 15 years and it would be the last pin I would sell. I just need to get lost in the zone.....

#17 12 years ago

Had a TZ for about 2 years and traded for a HUO LOTR. Regretted it big time and now TZ is on the list again. There a bit out of my price range now, but Im saving and waiting for a reasonable one. At the time, I was a bit bored with it but missed it as soon as it was gone. Good luck! Ive even had people tell me that they liked Im more than TZ. Although I really enjoyed the little time I have had on IM on location, TZ just blows it away. But this is coming from someone that regrets letting his go....

#18 12 years ago

If you don't appreciate the TZ, sell/trade it to someone who does. They'll be very happy.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-blasphemous and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.