(Topic ID: 50094)

Is this another Stern Clue? Will they rerun a version of Iron Man?

By BackFlipper

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-1.jpeg
Clue.jpg
star-trek-geek.jpg
Picture_54.jpg
IM3.jpg
945483_10151589181684244_582138872_n.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Stern just posted this on Facebook. It is art by Scott Johnson. He did the artwork for Iron Man 3.

945483_10151589181684244_582138872_n.jpg945483_10151589181684244_582138872_n.jpg

#3 10 years ago

This is his recent work.

IM3.jpgIM3.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Stern does not do anything by accident. Here he is working on something.

Picture_54.jpgPicture_54.jpg

#5 10 years ago

Witty the new movie being out why not rerun it!

#6 10 years ago

maybe sell some more IM Classics...

#7 10 years ago

Stern would sell these for sure I'd bet easily 500 to 1000 pins sold depending on price and if it was upgraded premium or just re-run of the pro.

I would more likely buy a re-run than look for a used version at inflated price.

#8 10 years ago

I'd rather wait for ST !!

#9 10 years ago

Im thinking IRON MAN "THE PIN"

#10 10 years ago

As much as we like to see IM get re-run, I have a good feeling this isn't the clue that convinces me that IM will be re-run.

#11 10 years ago

Pretty sure the reference is to the Star Trek Geek, not the artist who is loosely associated with the Iron Man 3 (And Avengers) franchise.

-Wes

#12 10 years ago

its not happening....

BUT LOOK A GUY WITH A PENGUIN ON HIS SHIRT. YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS...RIPLEY RERUN!!!!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Stern would sell these for sure I'd bet easily 500 to 1000 pins sold depending on price and if it was upgraded premium or just re-run of the pro.
I would more likely buy a re-run than look for a used version at inflated price.

I agree. $5000 times 1000 pins is $5 Million. Why do another unique theme when this is available?

Quoted from kwiKimart:

As much as we like to see IM get re-run, I have a good feeling this isn't the clue that convinces me that IM will be re-run.

So, Is this a random posting by Stern? Or is there another clue in that picture?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

So, Is this a random posting by Stern?

Yes!!!

#15 10 years ago

Ok, I buy it. Sorry to distract all of you. I am sure the picture means nothing.

star-trek-geek.jpgstar-trek-geek.jpg

#16 10 years ago

I count at least a dozen references to past Stern licenses or rumored future ones in that photo. To just say YEP, THIS MEANS IRON MAN. Seems pretty arbitrary and more like people looking at Rorschach tests and always seeing Iron Man.

And Stern always posting relevant clues? Remember the Zombie stuff posted last year? Or how about the posting about that guy in Cleveland who saved the girls yesterday? Should be be eagerly anticipating a Charles Ramsey themed game?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Or how about the posting about that guy in Cleveland who saved the girls yesterday?

That was definitely a random post. Unless you want to see McDonalds Multiball!!!!

#18 10 years ago

IM is most likely not going to be re-run.At least that's what I heard.

#19 10 years ago

Wait a minute, he's wearing a Batman t-shirt, maybe the they're re-running BDK.

#20 10 years ago

I am just an eternal optimist. I was using the artist connection like I did with a previous Stern clue. I was 100% right on this one that Dirty Donny was doing the art on Metallica. Neither the game nor the artist was confirmed back when this clue came out.

Clue.jpgClue.jpg

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Should be be eagerly anticipating a Charles Ramsey themed game?

When you reach the wizard mode, a pretty little white girl runs into a black man’s arms.

#22 10 years ago

Maybe a iron man 3 pin?

#23 10 years ago

In the picture Superman was the first character.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When you reach the wizard mode a pretty little white girl runs into a black man’s arms.

I thought they already made a Black Snake Moan machine?

#25 10 years ago

They need to make a "Stark Industries" version of Ironman. Bet that would sell hundreds.

#27 10 years ago

Stern! Re-run Iron man right meow!

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

#28 10 years ago

Austin Powers while you got the machines on.

#29 10 years ago

I'd love to see a rerun, especially if it had toys from hot toys on it.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'd love to see a rerun, especially if it had toys from hot toys on it.

Figure while we are dreaming we might as well dream BIG, hunh?!

-Wes

#31 10 years ago

Damn I would love an Iron Man re-run. I'd pre-order instantly!

#32 10 years ago

Probably should have been in production already since Iron Man 3 was the last of the trilogy.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

Probably should have been in production already since Iron Man 3 was the last of the trilogy.

Oh don;t worry...they'll reboot it in a couple years.

#34 10 years ago

Oh yeah, they are definitely running another IM, and that FB post is clearly the indication this will happen.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Stern just posted this on Facebook. It is art by Scott Johnson. He did the artwork for Iron Man 3.

All of those characters are intended to look like John T. in different levels of geekness. This is really a hit at what John's first game will be. Sorry, if you have not figured it out, I can't tell you...

#36 10 years ago

I'm with TheLaw. Iron Man isn't over.

I even have a hard time believing that RDJ is done with Iron Man.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

It really means that they will be rerunning ALL of the following titles:

BMDK, CSI, IM, Shrek, MB, FG, and AVLE.

well that, or just your wishful thinking...

#38 10 years ago

Maybe they're doing a Superman game?

I mean Man of Steel.

Granted they've done a lot of Marvel recently, but Dark Knight wasn't so long ago.

#39 10 years ago

The last info was stern lost the license and would have to redo the whole game to be iron man 3 based as required by marvel. Further, the iron monger toys are no longer available in bulk.

If this is accurate, a rerun of IM is off the table as it becomes more of a new production vs a rerun of a game.

#40 10 years ago

i told pinside 6 months ago or more when i started thread. had no idea on art though.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

All of those characters are intended to look like John T. in different levels of geekness. This is really a hit at what John's first game will be. Sorry, if you have not figured it out, I can't tell you...

Star Wars, Kiss, Superman or Harry Potter? Everything else (reasonable) there has been done.

Harry Potter - not likely as this franchise has moved on.

Superman - probably not. Man of Steel is being released too soon.

Kiss - Just does not feel like a JT title to me, but I'll set the line at 5.

Star Wars - 2 favorite. ?????

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

i told pinside 6 months ago or more when i started thread. had no idea on art though.

I knew that. I was really primarily pointing to the artist connection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-another-stern-clue-will-they-rerun-a-version-of-iron-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.