View topic image gallery

IMG_5139.jpg
IMG_5140.jpg
IMG_5138.jpg
DSC_9940.jpg
20141222_191218.jpg
20141219_233545.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I was wondering if anyone could clarify this for me as I can’t find any info on the web about this specifically. After I revised my friend’s IJ I noticed there is a (factory installed) lighting board behind de lost plastic. Also the wood has been cut out and it looks factory original. I have seen the aftermarket lost plastics and they are a lot thinner than the one in his machine. Is this an early production model? Or something else? It can’t be a prototype. The jackpot lights in the backboard are not present and the wood is not cut.

See the pictures of a regular IJ and my friend's.

Thanks!

20141219_233545.jpg20141219_233545.jpg 20141222_191218.jpg20141222_191218.jpg
#2 9 years ago

What's the serial number? That might help to identify where in the run it would be.

#3 9 years ago

It doesn't have the metal rails on the Path of Adventure, so that should tell us a little more as well.

#4 9 years ago

Lamp board behind the POA doesn't match the one on my sample game. Interesting.

It might be early, but not 'sample' early.

edit: I looked again, and it does match. Disregard.

#5 9 years ago

Mine is an early production run (re import from Germany), had lost plastic and when I checked the serial # against the online serial database it would of been the 2nd youngest on there. I know my lost plastic is lit from the back but unfortunately I have to catch a plane here momentarily and won't be able to verify the way it is lit until Jan 2nd. This being said, the bottom one looks more familiar to me than the top.

#6 9 years ago

According to the green parts book (page 5-57) the first 500 games had the lost plastic lighting board and lost plastic. That looks like a factory spec board...

#7 9 years ago

Does the game have the stainless steel guides on the Path of Adventure?

QSS

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Does the game have the stainless steel guides on the Path of Adventure?
QSS

I think that is just prototypes.. Never production. Whereas lost plastic made it into early production but then they stopped.

#9 9 years ago

Check to see if there is a buy-in button on the front of the cab. Early production IJ's did not have it.

#10 9 years ago

Mine does; who knows if it got added though

#11 9 years ago

sample games had stainless POA rails.

Kerry Stair was going to make a few sets of repros... and I think there was an issue with getting them made. Don't know if he ever made any or not.

#12 9 years ago

Arcadia,

I've got the same in my IJ. It has an "original" lost plastic and the same lighting board. Here is a pretty terrible picture, but it's the only one I have hanging around.

More info on my IJ is here

http://www.aaarpinball.com/IndianaJones/ij.htm

... Altan

DSC_9940.jpgDSC_9940.jpg
#13 9 years ago

Wow. There are experts here. The poa has the regular red plastic but I'll have to go check the extra ball button. Are these more valuable than the production model?

#15 9 years ago

Not really. If it were a true sample with the stainless POA and playfield art differences, it might have a slight premium above a similar condition regular production game.

#16 9 years ago

Hey Altan, would you mind snapping a picture of where the wiring harness from the back panel light board runs to the underside of the playfield? I suspect it connects to a nearby GI lamp, but would like to make the harness I fabricate for my light board match the original as much as possible. Thanks!

#17 9 years ago

The serial number would tell you the most information about when in the production any game was made. Parts can always be changed, for instance - skewing the approximation of when the game was made. Why not share the serial number with us?

http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=1267

1 week later
#18 9 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

Hey Altan, would you mind snapping a picture of where the wiring harness from the back panel light board runs to the underside of the playfield? I suspect it connects to a nearby GI lamp, but would like to make the harness I fabricate for my light board match the original as much as possible. Thanks!

Sure. Sorry for the delay (and a little thread hijack, perhaps). But I figured someone else might be interested in the info.

The cable from the light PCB to the GI bulb is about 13". I've attached some pics here. The first pic is the light board, the second shows the GI connector that the light board's wire is soldered onto. The 3rd show the length of the cable (about 13")

... Altan

IMG_5138.jpgIMG_5138.jpgIMG_5139.jpgIMG_5139.jpgIMG_5140.jpgIMG_5140.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

14,000 (OBO)
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
$ 85.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-an-early-production-indiana-jones-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.