here is link to photos

http://s970.photobucket.com/user/mdr014/library/afm?sort=3&page=1

Working players condition.

What would be a realistic price for this? In U.S. Dollars

Post edited by maddog14: i'm too opaque

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's definitely worth.

what? half a pack of camels and a stick of chewing gum?

#4 9 years ago

so much worth!

#5 9 years ago

How much is?

#6 9 years ago

its depends on your definition of what "is", is.

#7 9 years ago

What is this I don't even

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Are we talking a fresh stick? Or has it been used and stuck to the bottom?

#10 9 years ago

I dunno, all beat up like that with a faded cabinet? $3,500? Needs a lot of work.

#11 9 years ago

it might be worth, but then it might not. not sure am I
yoda.jpgyoda.jpg

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

You might want to check the title of the thread.

#13 9 years ago

It used to be worth it, but then they changed what worth was. Now what it's worth isn't worth it, and what it's worth seems weird and high to me, and soon it won't be worth it to you either.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's definitely worth.

I seriously laughed out loud. Thank you.

#15 9 years ago

So
wirf.jpgwirf.jpg
it.

#16 9 years ago

pre coffee posting. please forgive me.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

pre coffee posting. please forgive me.

Fix the poll and all will be forgiven. (Or maybe it's just me that can't see the options.)

#18 9 years ago

I would give you 4k for it. I am looking for one in this condition to put on route

#19 9 years ago

No more than 3,500 tops. Lot of work there!

#20 9 years ago

Meanwhile...back on planet earth, I don't think anybody would have trouble selling that game for $5000 here. It's a working, playing game without any major issues that would prevent it from being routed today or set up in someone's game room.

#21 9 years ago

How much could you sell it for within 24 hours vs 2 months are two different things. i personally price stuff where it will sell in a day and also buy with that same frugality. I personally think $5K is sell in a few days pricing but i wouldn't pay that.

#22 9 years ago

Not everybody needs to sell their game in a day.

I'm pretty sure if I were selling that AFM I wouldn't sacrifice $1000 just to get it out of the house before cornflakes. Like you said it would sell in a matter of days at $5000.

#23 9 years ago

With that much insert wear? I guess my Bill Davis clearcoated one is worth $9K!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not everybody needs to sell their game in a day.

understood. I am trying to ask the OP if he wants a next day estimate or a two month estimate. The prices will be different.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

With that much insert wear? I guess my Bill Davis clearcoated one is worth $9K!

The insert wear isn't THAT bad. There's a little bit of wear near the hole - but the clearcoat on the inserts as whole (and that can be an issue on AFMs) is in fine shape.

The game doesn't really need a new playfield, or any playfield repair beyond the SOL. Cleaned up and shopped that's a perfectly playable AFM for someone. A little bit of work and it could be something better.

#26 9 years ago

It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

#27 9 years ago

While I'd love to say that it's worth 5000... There's no way I could justify paying that much for it. I'm sure someone will though. Sucker born every minute. Just be aware that it needs 3K in parts and 30+ hours of work to make it a 7500 AFM in the end. If you love pinball more than money, go for it!

#28 9 years ago

Are you guys looking at the same pics that I am? There is one pic with some horrible insert wear. Needs cab decals. Needs professional playfield restoration or a playfield swap. But hey, you get a $100 DBA with it so that adds a ton of value!

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

No more than 3,500 tops. Lot of work there!

You would probably need a time machine to get it for that price.

#30 9 years ago

Its pretty cool reading the replies. Pretty much what I figured from both extremes.

Thank You for taking the time to contribute.

A seller is going to have one opinion, the peanut gallery another, a buyer another.

Its one of those things were if you want an AFM that works and plays this dont look too bad.

If you are anal and want a fully restored machine, this one would definitely not be right for you.

Too bad you can't find fully restored AFM's for five grand.

Too bad you can't find project AFM's for $3500

Or if you can, I don't have those connections.

I think this is what is going to happen to this one. If it is still available by the time I finish the projects in front if it, It will get the full monty. I have a friend that does professional level playfield restorations. He did a fantastic job touching up and clearing my TOM I am working on.

#31 9 years ago

Just for the record, I payed $6k for an AFM about a year ago. It already had the cab fully restored, had mirror chromed lockdown bar, side rails, legs and bolts. The playfield had some minor issues but it was fully playable. The kicker? It INCLUDED a brand new Mirco playfield, new uninstalled cow and lobster ramps, and uninstalled flipper rebuild kit. It was a great deal to say the least!

Now it is the pride of my collection, since doing the playfield swap, adding the Gozmod, Color DMD, and Pinbits strobe enhancer.

DSCF5757.JPGDSCF5757.JPG DSCF5763.JPGDSCF5763.JPG DSCF5764.JPGDSCF5764.JPG DSCF6060.JPGDSCF6060.JPG DSCF6062.JPGDSCF6062.JPG DSCF6066.JPGDSCF6066.JPG DSCF6067.JPGDSCF6067.JPG DSCF6068.JPGDSCF6068.JPG
#32 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Its pretty cool reading the replies. Pretty much what I figured from both extremes.
Thank You for taking the time to contribute.
A seller is going to have one opinion, the peanut gallery another, a buyer another.
Its one of those things were if you want an AFM that works and plays this dont look too bad.
If you are anal and want a fully restored machine, this one would definitely not be right for you.
Too bad you can't find fully restored AFM's for five grand.
Too bad you can't find project AFM's for $3500.

I wouldn't consider the listed amounts extremes. From 3500-5000 you are talking about $1500 which is not that big of a spread for this title when talking about current condition. With the remake rumors the price just isn't up there like it used to be. If there was no talk of PPS remakes this would sell for 5k quickly but not in the current market.

#33 9 years ago

AFM remake due end of 2Q

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just for the record, I payed $6k for an AFM about a year ago.

So - for the record - are you saying this is what you think is fair market value? Would you sell it now for that same price, or in fact even less, as the market has softened?

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So - for the record - are you saying this is what you think is fair market value? Would you sell it now for that same price, or in fact even less, as the market has softened?

Hell to the no. Now it has a sweet Mirco playfield and several mods. I'll never sell it. It was a grail machine for me and I looked for about 5 years for one. But if I had to value it now, with the softened market, I would guess $6800-7200.

#36 9 years ago

5 grand sounds about right for the machine in the OPs pics. This one isn't all that beat for an AFM.

#37 9 years ago

All I can say is "A fool and his money are soon parted."

#38 9 years ago

Not to bad at 5

#39 9 years ago

I wouldn't pay $5k for it... that's just my opinion, and my good friends too; Lincoln & Franklin ($$$)

#40 9 years ago

My limit would probably be about 4500 on this one.

#41 9 years ago

$10,000 in 11 months..... ............Joey

#42 9 years ago

4500 tops
In my eyes it need a lot of money to make her look good again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-afm-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.