Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pin_Crazed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have no credit dot in boot, the game plays fine 98% of the time ... Every now and then when in a mode and the clock is running it will stop and the clock will resume on the DMD. The clock will stay stuck wherever it was.. Next mode that comes along the clock will reset then go on counting time as it should

Is this just an opto issue that the game self heals on?
And then later in game play the opto works again thus eliminating the chance for a credit dot?

#2 11 years ago

I *think* that if there is any issue it is disabled completely for a credit dot, with no chance of being re-enabled, but I'm not completely sure come to think of it.

Put it in test on fast and just watch and make sure that it is counting every 15 min as it should. Do this for a few minutes, and if there is a problem, it should be evident after this.

#3 11 years ago

My clock opto registers 100% in the test but in the game it seems to get lost and will reset to 12 in modes.I suspect it is the left connecter under the clock and will post next week after I change the Idc to a molex and make sure the rottendog board connecter is ok.

#4 11 years ago

Check the connectors, clean the optos, and make sure the interrupter is properly aligned.

#5 11 years ago

i know that with clock chaos and clock millions modes, the clock always resets back to 12 and starts counting those down from 12.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

I have no credit dot in boot, the game plays fine 98% of the time ... Every now and then when in a mode and the clock is running it will stop and the clock will resume on the DMD. The clock will stay stuck wherever it was.. Next mode that comes along the clock will reset then go on counting time as it should
Is this just an opto issue that the game self heals on?
And then later in game play the opto works again thus eliminating the chance for a credit dot?

Is this a new clock board installed or is the old one?If its the old one then one or two of those optos are probably no good due to heat from the bulbs.The clock generates a lot of heat and puts stress on those optos.

#7 11 years ago

My clock ALWAYS fails in clock chaos. Just after the call out is finished it just stops and sits there. Sometimes it comes back in the same game, sometimes it stays dead. If it stays dead the dot comes up. Start a new game the clock tests, resets and works fine again until chaos.

Tried different versions of software and doesn't fix the problem.

#8 11 years ago

thanks guys.. I will check the connectors.
Its a new board
and lordnorth.. sounds interesting like my problem.. it always comes back for me.. but also its not something that always fails.. it didnt start this issue till recently..so I suspect intermentant opto I will try messing with the connectors and optos and report back..busy weekend however dont think I will get pin-time

#9 11 years ago

Is the new board a rottendog or from somewhere else? I got one from Marco, and it was a piece of shit. Whoever was producing these soldered like a 5 year old would, and I had to reflow everything to get it to work right. Their answer to the flux residual was scratching it out between points, not rinsing in alcohol!! I couldn’t believe the lack of workmanship.

If it’s a rottendog, I highly doubt that would be the issue then.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Check the connectors, clean the optos, and make sure the interrupter is properly aligned.

It does not take much for the interrupter to "miss" an opto. Check all of Gweems suggestions and run a long clock test and see if it misses once in a while. Those clock arms are flimsy and can miss once in a while. If the board is new, stick with the simple stuff first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-a-tz-clock-opto-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.