(Topic ID: 209199)

Is this a scam by the buyer? - Buyer Paid!

By PinballBulbs

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

name (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sdtminstl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

So, I've been thinking this over for a while and i am torn on if the buyer did this with malicious intent or not.
Here's the story. We had a buyer place a good sized order(a bit over $400). We shipped order as normal and all was good. We got a notice of chargeback attempt with the reason "Unathorized purchase / fraudulent charge. This person has ordered from us twice in the past. This was their 3rd order. I looked up this 3rd order and looked the exact same as the first two. We even shipped to the billing address that was used. My thought is there isn't any way someone would steal your card and then ship to your address? Plus, stealing a card and ordering Pinball LEDs seems odd and highly specific.
Anyways, I provided all the details to the financial institution and we lost. So, we are out $400 and all the product shipped. I guess i am wondering if people think this was malicious or a scam by the buyer or maybe he really did lose his card and someone bought $400 of LEDs and shipped to his address? Either way, always a bummer to be a really small business in a small niche community to lose $400 and the subsequent product

I am sorry. I feel your pain. I own a small business that does a LOT of credit, like 250k per month of low margin goods. We average 15 or so charge backs a year and it is absolutely devastating. We provide all we are asked to, but the bottom line is the issuing bank of the credit card views their customer/card holder as king and always sides with them. It amazes me when a person can issue a charge back for an unauthorized charge, yet the card never left their possession, is not reported stolen, and was proven to be swiped. It is tough.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe it might be a good idea to stop taking payments that can be charged back at the customer's will.

I would think that running any business these days, much less one that is internet based, without taking credit cards, isn't a realistic option.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sdtminstl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-a-scam-by-the-buyer?tu=sdtminstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.