Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dagmand
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AC37F72B-5D52-43AC-8E47-A9601C3AF21F (resized).jpeg
    AB98D19C-E364-4A83-87B4-CDE557B4EE23 (resized).jpeg
    DDA605DA-C0D9-4C72-9C81-1DD06CA112C8.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 10.53.24 AM (resized).png
    spam-classic-455 (resized).png
    15DE4824-0DC7-404E-8592-53F5F565E415 (resized).png
    0F4EE66A-5AFA-437A-B9AB-B36B453167FF (resized).png
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

I got a message this morning after posting my Swords on Craigslist. Seems like a scam but I could be wrong.
    A guy with the area code 657 wrote to me and asked it was still available. He asked the condition and I explained everything. Then he wrote and said
    “Okay i'll take it. I'll have to pay you through PayPal because am currently at the Hanscom Air Force Base at Bedford, Massachusetts. I have a Mover that will come for pickup once payment is cleared in your PayPal account,do you have a paypal account?”

I then asked if he was available to talk on the phone just to confirm he was a normal guy and he wrote
    “Am at work and calling are restricted here in my unit...and wont be able to give you a call til i got off duty next month 25th”

Should I just block this contact or should I proceed?

#2 5 years ago

Definitely avoid, 100%. Second he gets the game that PayPal charge will be reversed.

#3 5 years ago

In person, cash on the glass. This is 100% Scam

#4 5 years ago

Scam

#5 5 years ago

Why can’t he use the phone?
    I just watched America sniper and that dude was talking to his wife on the phone while shooting people.

#6 5 years ago

LOL Air Force bases don't have cash? Any time someone starts off telling you they are military it is a scam. They always are.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

Why can’t he use the phone?
    I just watched America sniper and that dude was talking to his wife on the phone while shooting people.

#8 5 years ago

If he can't talk on the phone or make non-PayPal payments, how did he arrange the moving company? And how is he going to take delivery in this situation?

#9 5 years ago

Doesn't have time or can not talk on the phone but has the time to cruise through craigslist ads in PA when he is in MA..... SCAM

#10 5 years ago

That’s what I assumed. Thanks guys.

#11 5 years ago

Scam. They use stolen credit cards and stolen PayPal accounts for this kind of thing.

#12 5 years ago

PM me his name. I’ll look it up.

#13 5 years ago

1000000% Scam!

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

He never even told me.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

He never even told me.

If you can get it out of him, let me know. Otherwise, this is pretty much a no brainer.

#16 5 years ago

I had someone tell me the exact thing, same AFB. And I only live 20 mins from there. Stay away. Tell him cash only and have a counterfeit bill marker checker ready.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Pinside can be really awesome at times!

#18 5 years ago

He sent me this photo.

0F4EE66A-5AFA-437A-B9AB-B36B453167FF (resized).png0F4EE66A-5AFA-437A-B9AB-B36B453167FF (resized).png
    #19 5 years ago

100% guaranteed scam! Dont walk away, run!

https://www.scamalot.com/ScamTipReports/27013

15DE4824-0DC7-404E-8592-53F5F565E415 (resized).png15DE4824-0DC7-404E-8592-53F5F565E415 (resized).png
    #20 5 years ago

Something doesn’t look right about that name. Looks photoshopped.

#21 5 years ago

The name is 100% photoshopped.

#22 5 years ago

Ask him to put his face next to his id in a pic....bet he won’t.........Joey

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Something doesn’t look right about that name. Looks photoshopped.

Ask for his Driver's License now. Still 100% scam

#24 5 years ago

Wow that’s crazy. I’m so glad I posted it here. Thanks again Pinside!

#25 5 years ago

The font of the first and middle names does not match the font and size of the rest of the card. Also closer inspection to the right of the name shows the poor work in attempting to match the background pattern.

#26 5 years ago

Time to drag scammer along... waste their time. Tell him you can drop it off at his base etc etc.

#27 5 years ago

spam-classic-455 (resized).pngspam-classic-455 (resized).png

Ah CRAP, typo...

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Time to drag scammer along... waste their time. Tell him you can drop it off at his base etc etc.

Agree. Pretty funny actually

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Will do!

#30 5 years ago

Tell him you noticed that the penetrator on the machine will need to be lubed and if he is ok to do that.

#31 5 years ago

I hate scammers !!

#32 5 years ago

No actual military personnel would be dumb enough to take a picture of their military id and send it.

#33 5 years ago

Better yet tell him your wifes cousin Billy Bob is at the same base and if he knows him.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

He sent me this photo.
    [quoted image]

Haha, an E-1 doesn’t have money to buy pins, let alone the time to play them. Looks like a newer vehicle in the pic too, so really no money. I suppose he could have been busted down in rank but would mean he’s most likely trouble anyway.

#35 5 years ago

I appreciate the FBI's work in snatching up those rich people college scammers and all, but they also need to put some effort into getting a-holes like this as well. How hard could it be to find and catch this guy? Lock him up and make an example out of him.

#36 5 years ago

Nice white fingers holding the card...must have lost his tan.

#37 5 years ago

Craigslist does a pretty good job warning folks how to avoid scams like this and how to report if you’ve been scammed:

www.craigslist.org link

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I appreciate the FBI's work in snatching up those rich people college scammers and all, but they also need to put some effort into getting a-holes like this as well. How hard could it be to find and catch this guy? Lock him up and make an example out of him.

The FBI doesn't have the budget to go after the 5 different scammers who respond to every ad on CL, be it couch or pinball machine.

The FBI is depending on us to exercise just a LITTLE bit of caution and intelligence. Spotting scams like this is really, really easy.

#39 5 years ago

Dead Givaway:

Because am currently at the Hanscom Air Force Base!

#40 5 years ago

This guy needs to work on his photoshop skills, terrible cloning job!

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 10.53.24 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-14 at 10.53.24 AM (resized).png
    #41 5 years ago

All Uniformed personal can use a phone when off work, even when deployed.
    Scam.
    I speak from personal experience.
    Semper Fi.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Dead Givaway:
    Because am currently at the Hanscom Air Force Base!

Scammer!!!!

#43 5 years ago

when I screw with them. I repeat the complete opposite back to them of whatever they just said. So if they say they are going to arrange shipping to have it picked up. I reply back, "so you will be here to personally pick up the item". "And you said, you will bring cash in hand" I'll wait for your arrival.

Then when they correct you. Reply the same thing back and act like you can't understand the terms they want. They get soo pissed. Especially when they think they have you on the line and setup.

#44 5 years ago

What sucks is that the guy appears to have a valid picture of a CAC where he photoshopped a fake first name. The last name appears real.

I’ll reach out to the real Simms and let him know this asshat scammer is using his picture.

#45 5 years ago

A very sad story on Scammers....My daughters best friends, 30 year old male, was scammed by the "Russian Bride" deal.
    He Stole $200,000 from his parents, and sent the funds over in installments. When his parents and brother learned of this and confronted him, he murdered All 3 of them in January. He now faces the Death Penalty.

A whole Family wiped out because of a scammer.....from the agencies involved, nothing will be done, to find or prosecute scammer.

My daughter and Husband were devastated by the shocking loss of Friends.....I wish something could be done.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from NovaPin:

[quoted image]
    Ah CRAP, typo...

Does that can of Spam come with the game? .... that might be a deal breaker if it doesn't

#47 5 years ago

This is a good lesson for federal employees and military to not share pictures of their ID unless it is directly related/required for their job.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A very sad story on Scammers....My daughters best friends, 30 year old male, was scammed by the "Russian Bride" deal.
    He Stole $200,000 from his parents, and sent the funds over in installments. When his parents and brother learned of this and confronted him, he murdered All 3 of them in January. He now faces the Death Penalty.
    A whole Family wiped out because of a scammer.....from the agencies involved, nothing will be done, to find or prosecute scammer.

Uhh I'm guessing this loser had problems WAY before "a scammer." Seriously.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Uhh I'm guessing this loser had problems WAY before "a scammer." Seriously.

Other than loosing a girlfriend, and not being able to find another/get laid, he was a great guy, in medicine, and a super family.
    It was a shock to all, because no problems ever arose to the surface. They were friends since 11 years old....

We do think the weight of all that happened, made him snap, but Incels today are unique in thought....

#50 5 years ago

I did this and got a certified check thru ups, check was made off a power company out west, looked it
    up and actual company did exist, but when calling to confirm check, said they would never issue a check like that.
    When couple of weeks went by, sent another e-mail because I received his check, and didn't contact his pickup guy to come get.
    Then latter he threated to contact the local law enforcement and have me arrested, I provided him with the Sheriffs hone number
    along with giving them his bogus check.

Never heard from him again.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-a-scam-2?hl=jodyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.