Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dagmand
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AC37F72B-5D52-43AC-8E47-A9601C3AF21F (resized).jpeg
    AB98D19C-E364-4A83-87B4-CDE557B4EE23 (resized).jpeg
    DDA605DA-C0D9-4C72-9C81-1DD06CA112C8.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 10.53.24 AM (resized).png
    spam-classic-455 (resized).png
    15DE4824-0DC7-404E-8592-53F5F565E415 (resized).png
    0F4EE66A-5AFA-437A-B9AB-B36B453167FF (resized).png
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

No response. It’s such a shame that people do this. That is true that that is probably someone’s real ID. Glad that there are sites that let people know about scammers like him.

#52 5 years ago

Not that it matters but Boston Area code is 617.
    Hanscom is 781

#53 5 years ago

Wow these scams are so stupid. I feel bad for people that get foooled by them.

#54 5 years ago

Got another message about the game. Is this a scam again? I’m pretty sure I’m just going to take the game down on Craigslist and wait for a Pinsider to have interest.

DDA605DA-C0D9-4C72-9C81-1DD06CA112C8.pngDDA605DA-C0D9-4C72-9C81-1DD06CA112C8.png
    #55 5 years ago

Craigslist is a cesspool. I have way better luck on Facebook marketplace.
    And yes, that is 100% a scam. Do not consider any buyer not willing to physically come see the game, and place cash on the glass. Period.

#56 5 years ago

Where is 464 Laurels Rd? If it's close, offer to go there to pick up cash.

#57 5 years ago

She said her husband was sending a check, why can't he come look at it and bring cash?

#58 5 years ago

Also note that nowhere in the reply is your name, the name of the game, or even the word pinball.
    Yeah, that's a scam.
    At least you didn't go any further.
    Or have some fun. Play along with them and see how long you can keep them responding to more and more odd replies from your end.

#59 5 years ago

1.) His ID is a stolen/found government ID.
    2.) I have many friends and co-workers who are active duty. Anyone stationed in the US can make calls each and every day. Only during a top secret mission, e.g. flying a sortie over Afghanistan or something, would they be cut off to prevent tracking. Even then, they can make calls once the mission is complete.

Don't fall for this shit people. If you have to post here, it's a scam. CASH ON THE GLASS. What is sofaking hard about that?! The only time I PayPal in this hobby is a parts order or a deal with a known friend.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from PSchwisow:

Where is 464 Laurels Rd? If it's close, offer to go there to pick up cash.

Doesn’t exist around here at least as far as I can tell.

Quoted from RCA1:

Also note that nowhere in the reply is your name, the name of the game, or even the word pinball.
    Yeah, that's a scam.
    At least you didn't go any further.
    Or have some fun. Play along with them and see how long you can keep them responding to more and more odd replies from your end.

Someone earlier suggested the idea of just saying the opposite of whatever the person says, so that is exactly what I am going to do!

#61 5 years ago

ask for the check ..... send it to work so they don't have your home address. I have two poster size frames filled with scam checks made out to names like (Max Badazz, I.P. Freeley, Seymour Butts, and my personal favorite .... Jack Schitt)

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Got another message about the game. Is this a scam again? I’m pretty sure I’m just going to take the game down on Craigslist and wait for a Pinsider to have interest.
    [quoted image]

Total scam.

If there's really any question, assume it's a scam. There are several obvious signs in there.

Cash on the glass is the best way to go.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

[quoted image]

This is OBVIOUSLY a scam.

Another tell tale sign: “God Bless”

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

[quoted image]

A doctor is not going to write with such bad grammar.

#65 5 years ago

I say just keep stringing them along, if you have the time. I like to eff with people who clearly deserve it.

#66 5 years ago

Along the same lines as "if you have to ask, you can't afford it".....

if you have to ask, it's a scam........

Advice: What you ask for when you already know the answer and wish you didn't.

#67 5 years ago

Make them overnight a check to the police station. Do that several times (it didn't show). At least you can cost them $ for the mail.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Do not consider any buyer not willing to physically come see the game, and place cash on the glass. Period.

This is why I pretty much gave up searching for pins out of driving distance via craigslist. Any mention of paypal or shipping and you get ignored. Real easy to understand why though.

It'd have to be a grail game to drive anymore then 8hrs total, for me.
    At that point shipping becomes the cheaper option. Probably shipped over 30 pins and only had a minor issue with one, from a distributor.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

This guy needs to work on his photoshop skills, terrible cloning job![quoted image]

The "SIMMS III," portion of the name actually looks legit - clear, correct placement, etc.
    The "David Robin" portion is awful!

I think the OP should photoshop it and send it back. Change the name to Johnson, Dwayne. Ask him why he has 'your ID', tell him you're at the base and would like to meet him at the BX.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

[quoted image]

100% another scam. The stilted language is a dead giveaway.

#71 5 years ago

Also, an airman makes practically no money and certainly has no place to put a pinball machine.

#72 5 years ago

When they ask for an address, i always give then this:

Jock Strap
    123 Hairy Nut Lane
    Ass Hole, CA 11111

#73 5 years ago

Back to Russian brides, also knew a guy taken big time by full marriage scam years ago (she was from Russia but could have been from any country). His whole family taken in hook, line, sinker, rod, hell even boat. She got her family over to West as well. It’s just business to them as they would do anything to get themselves and their family out their country. Spending a few years of their lives is nothing to get what they want. Very sad that this is so well known (I thought) yet still see this playing out again and again. Love is blind and they take advantage.

#74 5 years ago

Anyone notice that ID expired in ‘15?

#75 5 years ago

No it didn’t..........Joey

#76 5 years ago

You should let me know that altering or misuse of that badge is violation of section 499 title 18 of the us code.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

Anyone notice that ID expired in ‘15?

May 15, 2020

1 year later
    #78 3 years ago

David Robin Simms iii is BACK AGAIN!
    Sweet!
    ID expiration is changed to 2022!!!

AB98D19C-E364-4A83-87B4-CDE557B4EE23 (resized).jpegAB98D19C-E364-4A83-87B4-CDE557B4EE23 (resized).jpegAC37F72B-5D52-43AC-8E47-A9601C3AF21F (resized).jpegAC37F72B-5D52-43AC-8E47-A9601C3AF21F (resized).jpeg
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-a-scam-2/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.