Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by JesseB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have a beautiful TOTAN, with gold legs, lockdown bar, and side rails! No playfield wear, and no fade! Plays perfect. Comes with many extras, including 2 genies( one with complete mech)! And sword topper!
It doesn't fit with my theme. I would like to trade for a nice Scared Stiff and a nice Shadow.
I'm trying to stay in the horror genre. Is this a realistic trade, or do I need to sell mine and buy?
Thanks guys!!!

#2 10 years ago

Sell and your close to getting both.

#3 10 years ago

With the price of ss going up you will have to put some cash in with it.

#4 10 years ago

Its hard to say fair trade or not. i consider a fair trade when both parties are happy with the deal as value is hard thing to place on a pin. some times what seems a good value is not so good when it gets home. Some times we over look things in all the excitement of the deal. all three mentioned pins are great games. as you are interested in the shadow and scared stiff i am sure some one is very interested in the TOTAN. i personaly have been considering selling my Strange Science to accuire a shadow or a BSD. I love my strange science but some times change is good! GLWT/S

#5 10 years ago

You are more experienced than I am, but what are the odds? What are the odds that someone has both Scared Stiff and Shadow and odds that he would be bored of them both and odds that he would want to make the trade and is the person local and if not ship the pins to you.

Better to sell and have the funds to hunt for your choices. All awesome pins and sir, your collection is impeccable.

#6 10 years ago

That TOTAN is worth a lot of money in today's market. I would have bought it from you myself if I hadn't just bought one in less pristine condition.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

You are more experienced than I am, but what are the odds? What are the odds that someone has both Scared Stiff and Shadow and odds that he would be bored of them both and odds that he would want to make the trade and is the person local and if not ship the pins to you.
Better to sell and have the funds to hunt for your choices. All awesome pins and sir, your collection is impeccable.

True! And, thanks for the compliment! I hope to meet more Georgia pinsiders in Chicago this year!
This forum, and it's members, is what makes the hobby so enjoyable. Pinball is like sex! I spend more time thinking and talking about it, than actually doing it!!!

#8 10 years ago

Due to recent uptick in popularity I would say sell it outright and buy.

GLWS

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

True! And, thanks for the compliment! I hope to meet more Georgia pinsiders in Chicago this year!
This forum, and it's members, is what makes the hobby so enjoyable. Pinball is like sex! I spend more time thinking and talking about it, than actually doing it!!!

#10 10 years ago

Is Totan really worth that much? I thought SS had gone stupid high, and Totan had been pretty stagnant lately.

#11 10 years ago

What? I meant true, the odds were against me. Not than I'm more experienced than you! Compared to some on here, I'm still a newbie!!! As for pinball being like sex, I think it's true! More talk than action. And the older we get, the more its true! If it weren't for pinball, I'd have NOTHING to do!!!

#12 10 years ago

Sell TOTAN and then buy, although I'm guessing you'll be short yet.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

What? I meant true, the odds were against me. Not than I'm more experienced than you! Compared to some on here, I'm still a newbie!!! As for pinball being like sex, I think it's true! More talk than action. And the older we get, the more its true! If it weren't for pinball, I'd have NOTHING to do!!!

Oh, the sex thing was funny and I never heard someone mention pinball and sex like that before. That was supposed to be the suprised face. Mabey not? I didn't get the feeling you thought my "odds" thing was stupid at all.
Pinball is different than most other collectables in that you can play what you collect. In hobbies, including pinball, you spend time learning, researching what to add to your collection next and spend time locating the next part or piece to purchase. Most hobbies someone buys something and puts it behind glass or up on the shelf for display, but not pinball! You fix, tinker with, adjust and play. Sometimes we can think about and research too much about pinball and forget to play it. Easy fix though just turn it on and play for an hour or so. That is why I choose to have a pinball sitting in my house rather than have a graded baseball card sealed forever in a plastic case sitting in a box in my home safe. Lame!
I gave the opinion on the sell than hunt for the two pins also because the hunt is an adventure and half the fun. I spend alot of time thinking what pin I am going to try to get next and what one after that. I have learned you have to be ready to jump if a good pin comes up locally at a fair price. Then again if you are spending too much time hunting you won't be playing.
Cheers.

#14 10 years ago

Don't have a Shadow, but I might be interested in trading my HUO SS for it. Depends on where you are located.

#15 10 years ago

I think the more realistic goal would be to get one of those two and some cash back.

#16 10 years ago

I don't know, if that TOTAN is as nice as he says it is. No reason he can't get both nice players version of the 2 games he wants. SS isn't as high as people think it is. It's always been a middle of the road game as far as prices go. Right around STTNG range but a little higher.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Right around STTNG range but a little higher.

Neo STTNG pricing ($1500) or real world pricing?

#18 10 years ago

STTNG was never 1500. It's usually around 2000-2400. On pinside..who knows.

#19 10 years ago

Sell TOTAN and get Shadow.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

I have a beautiful TOTAN, with gold legs, lockdown bar, and side rails! No playfield wear, and no fade! Plays perfect. Comes with many extras, including 2 genies( one with complete mech)! And sword topper!
It doesn't fit with my theme. I would like to trade for a nice Scared Stiff and a nice Shadow.
I'm trying to stay in the horror genre. Is this a realistic trade, or do I need to sell mine and buy?
Thanks guys!!!

I forgot,but it also has a subwoofer with a crossover!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

STTNG was never 1500. It's usually around 2000-2400. On pinside..who knows.

I have not seen one in that price range for a long time.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

I have not seen one in that price range for a long time.

Unless it was a project STTNG.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Unless it was a project STTNG.

agreed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 39.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 49.00
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-a-realistic-trade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.