Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball_014.jpg
pinball_013.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I think I figured out whats wrong with my DE SW. I checked the fuses today and when I did this little arm that holds the fuse in place fell off and now the fuse wont stay in!!! Is this a huge problem to fix? I got Rich from Midwest Pinball comin by tomorrow to take a look at it. Thanks guys

The 1st pic is of the "arm" that fell off and the 2nd pic is where the fuse was.

pinball_013.jpgpinball_013.jpg

#2 12 years ago

heres the 2nd pic sorry

pinball_014.jpgpinball_014.jpg

#3 12 years ago

Not a huge problem to fix, but you'll need another fuse holder, and you'll need to solder it to the board. If you're not comfortable with soldering on your boards, then someone will have to do it for you.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from DarthPinhead:

Is this a huge problem to fix?

Not really. Just desolder old clip and solder in new one. They cost $0.40.

#5 12 years ago

Might want to look in to why it happened. Is something heating it up?

#6 12 years ago

Not that I know of. I'm not really to good at soldering yet so I'm gonna see if Rich would do it. I hope that's what the problem was!

#7 12 years ago

ok i just turned the machine on and the DMD is not working so thats what the fuse must be for. Now I have no idea again whats wrong with it lol hopefully Rich can figure it out tomorrow

#8 12 years ago

Looking at the photo, both clips for that fuse have broken off. Usually happens when a fuse gets forced in there for some reason.

Though that half-busted ear is leaning into the next fuse over. That could potentially cause some problems if it's cross-linking different power circuits.

-Hans

#9 12 years ago

They break, DE ones seem to be more prone. As other said, just replace.

How do you extract fuses?

#10 12 years ago

Never have lol just went to pull this one out because it was pushed in farther than the rest and it fell apart. Just double checked for broken wires and didn't find any. Let's hope rich can figure it out

#11 12 years ago

Darth, DE games are notorious for cheap fuse clips that crack. If you have someone coming to look at it, it might be a good time to push down on the other fuses. If they are fatigued they will do the splits and they will need to be replaced. Better to test them all and just get it over with instead of fixing one then another and another. Desoldering them is a little tricky. When they put them on the board they gave them a little twist so they would not fall out, but makes removing them more difficult. If you have to order some make sure you get ones with the right pins. I got some and when I went to put them on the board they were the opposite of what I needed. I have a handful of DE games and they all needed fuse clips replaced. I'm sure I will be doing it again in the future. Time to get a junk board, solder sucker and soldering iron and start to get a feel for board work. It is scary at first, but it really isn't that hard with some practice. Good Luck.

#12 12 years ago

Yeah, the ones on my DE SW were bad too. Particularly the ones on that circuit board.
Remove that broken fuse clip from the F5 fuse ASAP. Hopefully because that other circuit is a 4A, you didn't do any damage.

#13 12 years ago

Just had Rich over and he fixed all the problems! Was a little expensive but thats what I get for not paying attention! It looks and plays awesome with the LEDs in it! Thanks Rich!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-a-huge-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.