(Topic ID: 244044)

is this a hack or a fix? (Bally rectifier board)

By oilspot

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Phesson
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BF5420A5-3043-49EB-80C3-D2F01E425024 (resized).jpeg
20190529_123018 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oilspot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I"m currently chasing a low voltage issue affecting the solenoid expander board and ran across this anomaly. I desoldering and removed br1 and I'm about to do away with this extra rectifier and bridge across the cut trace. But it this some fix for a common flaw I don't know about? Should it be left in place? Or is this the cause of my low voltage issue?

20190529_123018 (resized).jpg20190529_123018 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

I'm getting 3.8vdc to feature lamps, insufficient to run the solenoid expander board relay. Outhole kicker and upper target reset too weak with buzzing relay. So if I clip the bridge rectifier out and bridge the cut trace.... And replace br1, I should be good?

#4 4 years ago

I wonder if this rectifier board came out of a different machine e without a SEB and worked with this mod, and was swapped into this machine by someone unaware of the problem?

#8 4 years ago

Well, I undid the extra rectifier and restored the connection across the cut trace and I have 7.2 volts now with no load. Nice bright feature lights and the solenoid expander board is working fine. Now on to figuring out some other weird stuff that's going on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 10.00
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oilspot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-a-hack-or-a-fix-bally-rectifier-board?tu=oilspot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.