Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tomdrum
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f55b7897bac58b973df614d947a64810f915f5a5 (resized).jpg
    d2549d52edc03e851df0ca63171eba1dfa9ca134 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4961 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4966 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4965 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Looking into a Centaur, guy says it has a CPR repro playfield. What do you guys think? These center inserts especially - guy isn't a Pinsider, maybe the original seller told him it did and he didn't know the difference - I sold a repro CPR bronze Centaur pf last year because I'd given up finding a donor game, and it looked a hell of a lot nicer than this?

IMG_4961 (resized).jpgIMG_4961 (resized).jpgIMG_4965 (resized).jpgIMG_4965 (resized).jpgIMG_4966 (resized).jpgIMG_4966 (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Cpr most likely, they are the only ones that made them.

#3 5 years ago

It's a vinyl overlay, that's already faded.

On a real CPR you won't see any white vinyl under the black ink - over the inserts
    d2549d52edc03e851df0ca63171eba1dfa9ca134 (resized).jpgd2549d52edc03e851df0ca63171eba1dfa9ca134 (resized).jpg

#4 5 years ago

You can see here how as the vinyl shrinks, the white base is exposed under the black ink.

f55b7897bac58b973df614d947a64810f915f5a5 (resized).jpgf55b7897bac58b973df614d947a64810f915f5a5 (resized).jpg
    #5 5 years ago

vid1900 you have great eyes for this stuff.
    -Mike

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

....and now that you've seen it, you also have the same 'great eyes'.

So if you are at a show, or on CL and see a game for sale, you eyes will instantly be drawn to the inserts.

Looking from the backside of the playfield, the inserts will appear to have white ink instead of black; because you are seeing the raw vinyl.

#7 5 years ago

Thank you Vid/guys - glad I asked. Another piece of knowledge to tuck away.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

No doubt.

#9 5 years ago

Was that the one in Michigan for 2800 listed recently on Mr pinball?

#10 5 years ago

This looks like the one listed on Mr Pinball, I was in contact with the owner but I think this is a possible scam? Not sure? Pm me for further details if your interested in pursuing the Mr Pinball advertised game.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Multiball33:

Was that the one in Michigan for 2800 listed recently on Mr pinball?

Yes, it's the one on Mr Pinball but it's in New Hampshire - I emailed the guy and explained to him what he has and how to identify it, and he said "cool, thanks for the heads up"....

#12 5 years ago

I thought this was a scam as well.

#13 5 years ago

Yeah. He offered to ship it right away when I told him i was 800 miles away, which was instantly a red flag.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

He offered to ship it right away when I told him i was 800 miles away

It would have been fun to hear his response when you said: "Cool, I'll take it! But if I drive 800 miles, and it's not a CPR playfield, I'm leaving with all 10 of your fingers, and nothing on this earth can stop me."

#15 5 years ago

I responded to that Mr Pinball ad as well. When I pointed out the insert issues I was told it's a CPR with no issues.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I responded to that Mr Pinball ad as well. When I pointed out the insert issues I was told it's a CPR with no issues.

So, one of 2 things-

He's not a pinhead, that's what the seller told him, and he's going with that no matter what. Most Pinsiders will probably recognize that SOMETHING ain't right with those inserts, even if they can't quite put their finger on it (like me, until they read Vid's explanation).

Either that, or he's flat out just trying to pass it off as a CPR repro, knowing it's not. And at this point, at least 2 of us have told him as much. Which is weird - why draw attention to something so easy to disprove? Unless he just hopes to hook another newbie and throws it out there, "Yeah, it's got a CPR playfield"...similar to "Its got a Hurst shifter..." to some guy that just wants a GTO.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lmjdad:

Pm me for further details if your interested in pursuing the Mr Pinball advertised game.

Tried calling you twice, number shows as an Idaho number and can't be completed as dialed??

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

So, one of 2 things-
    He's not a pinhead, that's what the seller told him, and he's going with that no matter what. Most Pinsiders will probably recognize that SOMETHING ain't right with those inserts, even if they can't quite put their finger on it (like me, until they read Vid's explanation).
    Either that, or he's flat out just trying to pass it off as a CPR repro, knowing it's not. And at this point, at least 2 of us have told him as much. Which is weird - why draw attention to something so easy to disprove? Unless he just hopes to hook another newbie and throws it out there, "Yeah, it's got a CPR playfield"...similar to "Its got a Hurst shifter..." to some guy that just wants a GTO.

When I questioned the funky inserts I got this exactly:

Yes, it’s a CPR repro. It has no issue. I have attached a picture of the boards.

I had asked for a picture of the boards as well. I did do a reverse Google search of his pictures to see if they were lifted off a website and didn't get any hits.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

When I questioned the funky inserts I got this exactly:
    Yes, it’s a CPR repro. It has no issue. I have attached a picture of the boards.
    I had asked for a picture of the boards as well. I did do a reverse Google search of his pictures to see if they were lifted off a website and didn't get any hits.

I did the same with the pics, same result. Cabinet sure was nice. Good score if you end up with the game at the right price. Too far from home for me at the moment

#20 5 years ago

Mr Pinball is 50% scammers these days it seems. I do not even bother checking there any more.

#21 5 years ago

Pretty sure it has a playfield protector on it as well based on the shadow lines by the orb drops and sling openings

#22 5 years ago

Seller emailed me that it sold......

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-a-cpr-pf?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.