• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by garman411
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey guys,

My eight ball champ started acting up on me, during game play the pop bumpers, sling shots, the eight ball sauser, and the out hole will stop working. This only seems to happen when I sink the eight ball. All these listed above are on the same connector J9.

If I turn it off and on a few times it works again, should I start with a new connector?

Thanks for the help Chris.

#2 10 years ago

Check for crappy connectors, crappy fuse holders. Anything that could be loose.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

I heard these are known for crappy connectors, I'll change it out and hopefully that does it. Can a connector cause this issue?

#4 10 years ago

Hi Chris,

Since all of your coils are dropping out, i would focus on what carries the bus voltage for your solenoids. When the coils stop working, check the voltage on one of the coil lugs.

It could be a wire coming loose that is daisy chained around the playfield.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Hi Chris,
Since all of your coils are dropping out, i would focus on what carries the bus voltage for your solenoids. When the coils stop working, check the voltage on one of the coil lugs.

Ok thanks I'll check the the next time it does it.

Thanks for th help!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Hi Chris,

I did do a solenoid test when it went out and they all fired during the test, what there still be a loose wire somewhere that only affects gameplay?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from garman411:

I did do a solenoid test when it went out and they all fired during the test, what there still be a loose wire somewhere that only affects gameplay?

It is hard to say. Might just be intermittant issue that didnt show itself in test mode.

I would start simple and verify your playfield is wired up good and your solenoid voltage is stable and present (+43vdc should always be present at the solenoid). Next i would go to any associated backbox connector and check the male pins for broken solder joints. Next i would examine closely any suspect IDC connectors and repin them as i feel is needed.

The male header pins are a pain in the ass to work with on a 6803 game. There is no plastic wafer housing, so be careful with the soldering iron.

#8 10 years ago

Ok thanks BarakandI, I appreciate th help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-a-connector-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.