Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by EEE
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

124903.jpg
145230.jpeg
jm-damaged.jpg
JM3.jpg
JM1.jpg
JM2.jpg
JM4.jpg
JM2.jpg
JM3.jpg
JM1.jpg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

It is super under rated. the only downer for me is the call outs / Most of the Ice ones which are not him anyway .. I sold .. then bought back as a keeper .. The best bang for your buck pin until it does a TS and goes higher

There's got to be a hot dog joint around here somewhere...

#52 5 years ago

I'm making a long distance phone call !
(To tell you no, looks like an $1800 game)

#53 5 years ago

*updated information*

When I sent a text to go and look at the pin tomorrow, I was sent the following text.

"JM might need a few adjustments, I'll do a bit of tuning tomorrow morning. It hasn't been used much lately"

Thoughts? Concerns? Should this change anything in the negotiation? Should I be looking for anything?

This pin has now been listed for 30 days.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I'm making a long distance phone call !
(To tell you no, looks like an $1800 game)

Looks and sounds like that's what you have here. 1800-2100 IMO

#55 5 years ago

Listen if you really want the game then yeah its worth whatever your willing to pay. If you actually have patience, I have zero when it comes to pins I want by the way, then hold out and wait for a better deal. I'm picking one up next week that the guy really didn't want to sell its in very good shape and plays great so I said what will it take, he said 3K delivered to my house and I said deal. Too much money sure but for 500 I don't have to wait, or go out looking and dealing, nothing. So its what its worth to you. That JM looks pretty nice and if its working 100% $2600 isn't bad, if you want it, grab it. Some guys will pay 8 9 10K for a MB and I wouldn't give you 5K for that game, don't like it at all, who sets the price, me. Good luck.

#56 5 years ago

I traded mine for a RFM, wish I hadn't.

Definitely an under-rated game, imo.

That said you can still find a great example in the low 2's.

#57 5 years ago

If it's truly HUO and LOW PLAY (that is key), then it may be worth 2600, simply because all the mechs, including the finicky glove, are in near-new condition.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from LordCrom:

*updated information*
When I sent a text to go and look at the pin tomorrow, I was sent the following text.
"JM might need a few adjustments, I'll do a bit of tuning tomorrow morning. It hasn't been used much lately"
Thoughts? Concerns? Should this change anything in the negotiation? Should I be looking for anything?
This pin has now been listed for 30 days.

It's easy...first look at the cab, make sure it doesn't have major dings and scratches, yes I bet it will be faded. Then look at the pf, look for broken plastics and wear, most JM's have zero wear. Do the switch test and have the machine run through the whole test, coils and all. Then make sure the glove works. Last remove the translite and look at the boards, look for wire hacks, burnt up connectors and acid damage below the battery holder. If all is good offer $2400....GL.

#59 5 years ago

Listen to and watch the glove work VERY carefully, it should not make very much noise and should not vibrate or jerk when it moves.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Listen to and watch the glove work VERY carefully, it should not make very much noise and should not vibrate or jerk when it moves.

It will make some noise...it's not whisper quiet even rebuilt and lubed.

#61 5 years ago

*Final update*

Went out and looked at the pin today. He claimed he had a manual, he didn't. He said it was home use only, it wasn't. It was routed overseas. It was set up to accept Yin. There was a small plaque on the side of the back box that sowed it was connected to Taito. The cabinet was faded and there were a couple of scuff marks. The play field looked pretty good and it seemed to play fine. He had it listed for $2600, claimed he had $2800 into it and wouldn't go below $2500. I was unwilling to go above $2100.

He was a pretty sketchy individual. I would have liked to of had it, but I'm alright with my choice to walk away.

#62 5 years ago

Smart move
I bet you'll be able to find a nicer one for cheaper and less sketchy.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from LordCrom:

With the following photos and quotes to work with, what would you place the value of this JM at? On a side note, if you had a choice to pick up this JM now or a NIB Stern Pro of your choice in a couple of months, which would you choose? Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

"JM in outstanding condition. This machine has never been in an arcade, it is home use only. The machine is in amazing condition, everything is working 100% on this machine. The playfield is immaculate, no signs of any wear. The backglass is flawless. The cabinet exterior does have some fade from U.V. exposure, but super clean with barely a flaw."
"Original keys and manuals included"
"This is no doubt one of the cleanest Johnny Mnemonic pinball machines you will ever see"

JM1.jpg 23 KB

JM3.jpg 38 KB

JM2.jpg 26 KB

JM4.jpg 35 KB

I didn't even look past the first photo and already knew it was not. Faded cabinet already eliminates it being a 2k + JM. 5 years ago you couldn't give these away for $1000. They went up a little since then, but it's still a sub 2k game for the most part. Especially faded.

#64 5 years ago

I only had to look at the first picture. NO it's not a $2600 JM. Not by a LONG shot.

#65 5 years ago

Doesn't matter what he had into it. It's worth what it's worth. In this case about $1800-2100.

#66 5 years ago

Whoo look at what just popped up in the market for $2500. Just look at those reds

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/15539

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead87:

Whoo look at what just popped up in the market for $2500. Just look at those reds

WOW...and it's not that far away really, nice little cruse for OP to pick up.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead87:

That looks like it's unfaded!!! Wow! If I didn't have one already I'd be tempted.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I didn't even look past the first photo and already knew it was not. Faded cabinet already eliminates it being a 2k + JM. 5 years ago you couldn't give these away for $1000. They went up a little since then, but it's still a sub 2k game for the most part. Especially faded.

I will agree. I sold mine about 4 or 5 years ago for 1200. I did enjoy the game, but the spinner millions shot made the game extremely unbalanced, and my non-pinhead (and most of my pinhead) friends simply did not care for it.

It did recently pop back up for sale in the Sacramento area, with a lot more fade than what it had when I had it. Simple to spot it was mine, as the OP I bought it from did not use a standard lockdown bar across the coindoor to secure it.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead87:

Better and cheaper

#71 5 years ago

According to the seller, someone purchased this JM for $2500.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside