Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by EEE
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

124903.jpg
145230.jpeg
jm-damaged.jpg
JM3.jpg
JM1.jpg
JM2.jpg
JM4.jpg
JM2.jpg
JM3.jpg
JM1.jpg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

With the following photos and quotes to work with, what would you place the value of this JM at? On a side note, if you had a choice to pick up this JM now or a NIB Stern Pro of your choice in a couple of months, which would you choose? Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

JM1.jpgJM2.jpgJM3.jpgJM4.jpg

"JM in outstanding condition. This machine has never been in an arcade, it is home use only. The machine is in amazing condition, everything is working 100% on this machine. The playfield is immaculate, no signs of any wear. The backglass is flawless. The cabinet exterior does have some fade from U.V. exposure, but super clean with barely a flaw."

"Original keys and manuals included"

"This is no doubt one of the cleanest Johnny Mnemonic pinball machines you will ever see"

#2 4 years ago

I don't believe it is. Probably 2100 or so.

#3 4 years ago

Never seen one with the original plastic intact above the left ramp

#4 4 years ago

My JM was a $2,600 JM. With a lot less fade than this one. I sold it for $2k to a friend.

#5 4 years ago

No, not with that much fade on it. 2K range.

#6 4 years ago

I sold a minty one with little to no fade and an HSA clearcoated playfield for under $3k not too long ago.
So nope. More like $1750-$2k max IMHO.

#7 4 years ago

I don't think I'd pay $2600 for JM unless it was NIB.

#8 4 years ago

I just paid $1800 for one in similar condition.

#9 4 years ago

This is all personal opinion....but, yes, I'd buy JM over a NIB pro any day of the week. I've always said its surprising that JM isn't more of a 3K game. Really nice JM are definitely selling more in the 2-2.3K range. Ones with cab fade, such as the one in your pics are more in the 1.8-2k range. Now, this machine that you're looking at is supposedly HUO...which says too me that it's minty and clean (despite having fade). It has the left ramp plastic cover at the bend and the metal diverter by the ball matrix lock. Both are good things.

2 things to know: you can LED JM inserts without issues, but the game has a lot of neat GI dimming features which make LEDing the GI less desirable unless you use the OCD GI board.

Set this game up right and it is incredibly fast and fun with some cool game play intricacies and depth. Good luck

#10 4 years ago

It's a $2,000 pin in that condition too bad for the fade if it's indeed HUO it'll add a lil bit but the fade is crushing the value

#11 4 years ago

I agree. 2100 is fair and it's better than any Stern Pro.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from LordCrom:

With the following photos and quotes to work with, what would you place the value of this JM at? On a side note, if you had a choice to pick up this JM now or a NIB Stern Pro of your choice in a couple of months, which would you choose? Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

"JM in outstanding condition. This machine has never been in an arcade, it is home use only. The machine is in amazing condition, everything is working 100% on this machine. The playfield is immaculate, no signs of any wear. The backglass is flawless. The cabinet exterior does have some fade from U.V. exposure, but super clean with barely a flaw."
"Original keys and manuals included"
"This is no doubt one of the cleanest Johnny Mnemonic pinball machines you will ever see"

I would at least look at the NIB games to see if you like them better than JM. MET, ST and IM are fine games with good speed like JM. Have you played these? Play them all and see if you like them better than JM. This JM looks nice so take a little $$ off, but it is priced close due to California pricing.

#13 4 years ago

Is any JM worth 2600? Id say 1800-2100

#14 4 years ago

1,800 & I would take a stern pro instead.

#15 4 years ago

If it's truly HUO and in 9.5+ condition and the playfield/ramps are in excellent condition I would be a buyer at $2600 and sell my current JM. Cabinet fade isn't that important to me and I could always put new decals on if I wanted to. I would have to see detailed pics of everything to judge the condition though.

#16 4 years ago

I just traded mine with new cab decals installed and a very nice pf, a few cracked plastics but we agreed upon 2300 as trade value.

So no, not worth 2600 IMO. A NIB game is up to you if you want to spend the extra $$.

#17 4 years ago

Nope. Not even close.

#18 4 years ago

That is like a 1800-1900 game. I just sold one with less fade, the market is super soft at low 2k's. So unless it is 110% mint, you shouldn't pay that much for that JM in the US.

#19 4 years ago

One with incrementally more fade with a working hand and no switch errors / credit dot just sold on eBay for $1600 near me.

So no, that may be like $1700 Johnny

#20 4 years ago

$1700-1800. You'd need decals to bring it up to $2K and those are going to run you $200. $2600 would be nearing collector quality.

#21 4 years ago

maybe it's not work as much as he's asking for it but overall it's a great pinball machine one of my personal favorites and I have 10 machines

#22 4 years ago

I'm selling one that looks very similar to this today to someone for $1500. Mine has a hand issue to be fixed though, and needs a new connector on the driver board.

#23 4 years ago

This thread is depressing. I have $2200 into my re-import JM and it's nowhere near this nice.
I guess I'll be sitting on it for a while.

It's the old old story - I bought mine when JM were seemingly scarce, and within a month they started spreading like ragweed.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This thread is depressing. I have $2200 into my re-import JM and it's nowhere near this nice.
I guess I'll be sitting on it for a while.
It's the old old story - I bought mine when JM were seemingly scarce, and within a month they started spreading like ragweed.

Dont let it bother you. I've bought a couple games that have taken a shit, but at the end of the day, they arent going anywhere becuase I enjoy them and thats all that matters to me.. just a bonus if they go up in value while I own them.. I honestly dont plan on selling anything anway.

#25 4 years ago

For those of you that are placing a value between $1500-$1900 for a HUO faded JM in outstanding stated condition, please forward me on any other HUO faded WPC titles that you see in this price range as I am a buyer. Whether it's a JD, DM, FT, DH, DW, BSD, Shadow, NF, WCS, etc. it really doesn't matter to me. Cabs can be completely faded as long as the game has never been on location and the playfields/ramps/mechanics are pristine. Of course I would want more detailed pics than what is included in this thread, but I will take HUO/faded WPC games under $2K over NIB Stern games every day of the week!

#26 4 years ago

Is this game documented HUO, or does it have a new coin door on it?

#27 4 years ago

This looks pretty similar condition you yours Mike? and Tims?

1800-2100 range?

Definately does not look HUO condition to me.

#28 4 years ago

The fade on mine looked similar and I struggled to sell it for $1,600 in WI (12 months ago). Then again mine wasn't HUO, but I absolutely hate that term anyway. A machines condition "is what it is" and in this case it's tough to tell.

Anything around $2,000 seems to be a good value for one in good working order. +/- $500 for condition seems to be an acceptable range. The games that MikeS listed have all crept up in value, but are still among the best bang for your buck for a 90s era machine. Although, I would put The Shadow in the next tier in terms of pricing.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

1800-2100 range?

The fade is similar to mine but there's no way to tell how the rest of the game compares with more detailed pics. I don't know how anyone can assign a price or tell the condition based on these pics alone? Sure, I can tell there's fade but there's no way to accurately gauge the condition of the game otherwise. It could be a $1400 routed turd or it could be a pristine HUO game that was kept in a room with a lot of windows. If it's the latter I would have no problem paying $2600 for it if the condition actually matched the seller's description. We just need better pics to decide.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

1800-2100 range?

"HUO condition" is a nonsensical phrase.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I would at least look at the NIB games to see if you like them better than JM. MET, ST and IM are fine games with good speed like JM. Have you played these? Play them all and see if you like them better than JM. This JM looks nice so take a little $$ off, but it is priced close due to California pricing.

I have played both MET and IM. I enjoy IM quite a bit, it was the new Stern I was considering buying in a couple of months when I got more money together. I have not yet played a JM. I am trying to determine if I should stretch my money and get more machines or get less, less often but be new Stern machines NIB. The wait is very hard.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from LordCrom:

I have played both MET and IM. I enjoy IM quite a bit, it was the new Stern I was considering buying in a couple of months when I got more money together. I have not yet played a JM. I am trying to determine if I should stretch my money and get more machines or get less, less often but be new Stern machines NIB. The wait is very hard.

JM is a great machine (for 2k). It can hold it's own against many of the newer games. That being said many of Stern's "Pro" models represent a good value especially when considering a NIB pin.

#33 4 years ago

Sold mine a little under a year ago for $2400 I believe.

JM1.jpgJM2.jpgJM3.jpg

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

Sold mine a little under a year ago for $2400 I believe.

I bet you did......very nice example!

#35 4 years ago

So which plastic piece on the left ramp is usually missing or broken ? Im looking to by a jm and wanna make sure its there

#36 4 years ago

Do I see some damaged plastic art ? jm-damaged.jpg

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So which plastic piece on the left ramp is usually missing or broken ? Im looking to by a jm and wanna make sure its there

I believe they are referencing the small diverter that helps to drop a ball into the pops from the matrix. I remember discussing it in the "members only" page and at least half of the owners were missing the piece. Further a good percentage of those, including myself, didn't know the part existed.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from LordCrom:

Personally, I would prefer two games like JM, T2, FT, BSD, DM, JD, JP, WCS, etc. From personal experience, I would prefer not to have two of the first three (JM, T2, FT) to be my only two machines. I'd take one of those and one from the remainder.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I believe they are referencing the small diverter that helps to drop a ball into the pops from the matrix. I remember discussing it in the "members only" page and at least half of the owners were missing the piece. Further a good percentage of those, including myself, didn't know the part existed.

Ok id like to see a picture of this piece so I know what to look for ill try doing some searching also

#40 4 years ago

This the piece ? 145230.jpeg

#41 4 years ago

I also think the plastic piece on the left ramp is usually damaged or missing from what ive read

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Do I see some damaged plastic art ?

jm-damaged.jpg 5 KB

I do believe your correct. Good eye

Quoted from lpeters82:

Personally, I would prefer two games like JM, T2, FT, BSD, DM, JD, JP, WCS, etc. From personal experience, I would prefer not to have two of the first three (JM, T2, FT) to be my only two machines. I'd take one of those and one from the remainder.

I would like to have any number of those machines. A lot of great pins there. Thanks for your thoughts.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I also think the plastic piece on the left ramp is usually damaged or missing from what ive read

The plastic over the bend on the left ramp... This piece is the one you won't find a replacement for. The diverter you circled is also one that frequently is missing, but mezelmods makes a plastic replacement one... so it's not as big of a deal.124903.jpg

#44 4 years ago

After 27dnast's post I would agree that that was more likely the piece in question.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Is this game documented HUO, or does it have a new coin door on it?

What type of documentation would I be looking for to determine HUO?

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from LordCrom:

What type of documentation would I be looking for to determine HUO?

The original sales receipt showing the game being sold to a personal name and residential address rather than a business, mostly.

#47 4 years ago

I would not worry that the left ramp cover has damaged art. The ball hits that spot almost constantly due to the tight bend. Unless you have a new plastic or never play your game, there will be rubbing in that spot. At least you have that plastic.

#48 4 years ago

JM is a fun game but that one is IMO $500 to much and remember parts for it are hard to come by or non existent. I'd go for a NIB.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This is all personal opinion....but, yes, I'd buy JM over a NIB pro any day of the week. I've always said its surprising that JM isn't more of a 3K game. Really nice JM are definitely selling more in the 2-2.3K range. Ones with cab fade, such as the one in your pics are more in the 1.8-2k range. Now, this machine that you're looking at is supposedly HUO...which says too me that it's minty and clean (despite having fade). It has the left ramp plastic cover at the bend and the metal diverter by the ball matrix lock. Both are good things.
2 things to know: you can LED JM inserts without issues, but the game has a lot of neat GI dimming features which make LEDing the GI less desirable unless you use the OCD GI board.
Set this game up right and it is incredibly fast and fun with some cool game play intricacies and depth. Good luck

I agree completely. JM is a super underrated game. Mine is ramped as high as I could put the back legs and it is unbelievably fast. Wizard mode(Power Down) is just awesome. The price is a bit high for the fade and unless he has documentation most likely not HUO. I love most Stern Pros, but at $2000 or so JM is a great value.

#50 4 years ago

It is super under rated. the only downer for me is the call outs / Most of the Ice ones which are not him anyway .. I sold .. then bought back as a keeper .. The best bang for your buck pin until it does a TS and goes higher

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 47.00
$ 22.50
$ 219.99
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside