Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by docscott
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docscott.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

So we have a couple new Sterns this year, of different models, LEs, Premiums, etc. We have JJP Hobbit, which will pull money in for prepays this year, though probably not hit release, we have Predator, Nemo, ZA and the old pins are shooting up in value. Are there really that many new people coming into the collector hobby, bringing that much more money, to support that overall worth of available pins on the market? If you could add up what all the pins in existence were worth a year ago, and what that collective inventory will be worth at the end of this year, the "value" of the hobby has gone up dramatically. I guess when people can feel good about the value of some of their machines it justifies putting out more money. But I was just wondering how much the "equity" in our hobby has jumped, through the increased prices and many new machines hitting the market. They can't be absorbed by in the arcade venues like they used to... at least not in the states.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

I find all the new options very exciting. Just a few short years ago I thought I'd never by another NIB pin... never have the thrill of new, cool pinballs with new stuff to discover. Amazing how much has changed and now I find so many options I can't afford them all.
    The increased choices have totally shutdown my hunt for the classic W/B pins though. I'm a bit conflicted about this because I love the restoration process and sense of accomplishment.

If you are representative the old classics won't sustain their value. I'll keep buying the old ones though. I enjoy them as much as the new. My black AFM and the MM and CC that Jim McCune is doing his HE restores on are the cornerstones of my collection... Though Black SM, ACDC BIBLE, tricked out Tron are great games and fun as heck as well.

#19 11 years ago

Not an investment, but this hobby sure makes financial sense better than some.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Be real hard to find a truer truism. I have found one other investment that has outperformed anything else...me. Investing in myself has paid off huge, if I had stopped, or listened, or reasoned or rationalized, I would be working for someone else. I have lost my ass on stocks (never again), but I have never really lost by investing in myself and my ideas. I know a couple of pinsiders (looking at you Scott for one) who would agree with me 110% on this one. It's your team, be the motherfukkin captain dammit!

that's spot on, Rommy. So let's all band together and make a pinball company!

#32 11 years ago

I know, as a newcomer, I've put a ton of cash into the hobby in the last two years. So, hopefully, there is enough cash, for all the reasons you guys bring up, to keep the hobby growing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docscott.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-that-much-new-money-coming-in?tu=docscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.