Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pinballkim
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0015.JPG
    IMAG0138.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gimliilmig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

There's a pinball arcade opening on Broadway in Downtown Fargo in January with a dozen machines

#9 10 years ago

I updated the Pin Map with the location and a list of their machines " Tilt Pinball "

#14 10 years ago

It will be open around the middle of January. 4 pins are there now and another 4 are coming on Tuesday. The rest will be in within a week. We are looking to add another 3 - 4 titles.... Twilight Zone "for sure, its one of my favorites" .... Creature from the black lagoon ..... Black Knight ..... Centaur .... and Lord of the Rings are all machines I am actively looking for. We are hoping that player input will be the deciding factor as to which machines we add.

#21 10 years ago

Wow , seeing someone post that picture, just makes me grin from ear to ear........ I just returned from Minneapolis where I found two old school change machines from the 80's and then went to walker and picked up four more machines..... Within a week the a Last three will be in and I think we'll have a little open house....

#26 10 years ago

Fishtales, T2, F14, Funhouse, Adams, Fireball, Big Gunz, Gorgar with BOP, Groundshaker and Comet on the way in about a week. Opening in 7-14 days. Access control goes in shortly along with security cams. For me its the fun of doing it. If it makes any kind of money at all, I'll just use it to buy more machines so we can all play more I was pretty set on picking of a TZ but I've been watching youtube vids on WOZ and I might just have to snag one of those instead/as well.

#29 10 years ago

Yep, I think league and/or tourney events would be a lot of fun. I am planning on monthly challenges and fun things for the members to be involved with. 10 am to 1 am is the basic idea, it's not set in stone but it's a framework to start from. Key fob access control will allow members and their guests to come and play at their convenience. Machines will be set to their original per game pricing.

#31 10 years ago

$35 for the first year (covers the background check), $20 renewal

#34 10 years ago

Big Thanks! to the gang of players that popped in last night to help warm up the flipper buttons on the machines. I cant be more thankful for the support and input you all provided.

1 week later
    #37 10 years ago

Security access install started today, going up to grab the last three machines. Painting the walls and before the week is out I think the website will go live. We're almost ready to open. I am pretty optimistic, that our initial membership count in the first 30 days will be fairly strong. I've heard a rumor that we may be on the cover of HPR this week. My business partner is doing a radio interview on the jack and sandy show tomorrow. Both the 10pm news feature and the follow up article in the Forum have helped spread the word. Every time I turn around, I am getting great feedback and people asking when they can join and when will it be open.

So get your thinking caps on and start throwing ideas at me for some more pins. I've said before that I wanted to put another 2-3 in the room itself and I would add that I have been planning on having 2,3,4 in reserve incase we have a more serious maintenance issue on a machine and it needs to come out of the line up. I can also add, that assuming the applications for membership mirror what appears to be a ton of interest, I will be adding additional machines to line up with the idea of rotating machines in and out to keep the line up fresh, diverse and engaging for the players.

This whole thing has been a blast to try and get going and I am having a hard time doing real work because of all the fun!!!

I set up the membership guidelines to include the ability to add a second adult family member for just the price of the second access key fob. So for those of you that have more than one person in your family that wants to play and wants the benefits of full membership for the contests, leader boards and the events we will be hosting, you'll save $15 on the initial set up by spending $35 for the first and $20 for the additional instead of $70. Additionally, the year re-up membership fee will be $20 which will cover both, saving another $20. Which means more money to spend on the pins!!

Contest #1 how many memberships will Tilt Pinball issue from now until 30 days after its doors officially open.

Winner will get.......hmmmm........how about the winner gets their membership for free.

We are playing this game in the office. There are 4 of us and the losers must refer to the winner as "My Moon and Stars" for the month of March.

Tons of fun.....

#38 10 years ago

P.S. if you wish to log an official guess, please send me an email through pinside. Good Luck!!!!

#40 10 years ago

The website will have our phone numbers or contact us by email. If someone is coming to Fargo for a short visit and they are from outside the area, I am sure we could set something up, that would accommodate them. Its a great question and it may be worth addressing directly on the website.

#41 10 years ago

The website is live and we are accepting membership applications....... We had a problem being able to collaborate the information fields we required for the second adult family membership, so we had to scrap that idea for the time being. I apologize for the change.

#42 10 years ago

tiltpinballfargo.com

#46 10 years ago

We've been futzing with the website most of the day and I think most/all/some of the kinks are fixed. Just processed a number of applications in the last 30 minutes. Please let me know if any of you are experiencing issues with it. Thanks in advance for your patience and help.

#48 10 years ago

A member can bring a guest or guests in. I don't a plan on limiting the number of guests you can bring. If you want to have 3 - 4 - 8 people along with you to play pins, I think that's awesome! Your guests are your responsibility, my belief is, it will put pressure on the member to make sure people are acting like mature grown ups, or something like that. I am hoping that people who pay money for a membership wont risk that membership at the hands of immature or unsupervised friends. If they do, well then its "no pinball - ONE YEAR" to quote the soup Nazi from Sienfeld......

#49 10 years ago

KIM.....can you call me 701-799-3885, id like to chat about what is happening when you try.

#52 10 years ago

Depends on the situation, some things are much more serious than others. It would just depend on what happened and how was that member involved.

1 week later
    #53 10 years ago

Anyone want to play some pinball!?!!??

We are having a soft opening starting tomorrow noon to 10 pm....I will be there all day playing pins, answering q's and signing up new members. If you have already signed up, I have your access fob and a free "TILT Pinball" t-shirt for you as well. Sunday 4-8pm and for the early part of next week 4-10pm. I think Friday will be our grand opening. The doors will be unlocked, so both members and non-members are welcome to come in and play. Come check us out!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gimliilmig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-pinball-to-be-found-in-fargo?tu=gimliilmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.