(Topic ID: 212256)

Is there much market for EMs with trashed PFs?

By Onevox

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2823 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
91WITh00NrL._SY450_ (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
IMG_6855 (resized).JPG
IMG_6865 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onevox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

You may have read elsewhere. I picked up a '57 Williams Naples woodrail, was going to restore, but have decided against it because it will require a lot of detailed painting (and its not a pin I'm going to love working on). I'm not sure if it has value or not when the PF has so much wear and a plastic is broken, and I can't find much info on this one. Mechanically complete though. Advice would be appreciated.

IMG_6865 (resized).JPGIMG_6865 (resized).JPG

IMG_6855 (resized).JPGIMG_6855 (resized).JPG

#8 6 years ago

I haven’t plugged in yet. I was going through everything. Some of the steppers are sluggish and everything could use a good cleaning. I figure between the schematic ($20) and brake cleaner, flex stones, rubbers, etc I would have to put about $50-100 into it. Would love to find this a good home.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

ANHTUNG! Is that a German import?
*Noticed the scoring game win amounts.
onevox where are you located? It would help on the sale.

I don't think it's an import. I think it was just a previous owner's sense of humor maybe.

I'm in southern Virginia.

I did think about a retheme (like an 50s Hawaii travel poster - wood board surfer look) where the playfield is stained and painted to look like different types of wood.\

But I'd hope not to decommission a pin if someone loves this era game.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

91WITh00NrL._SY450_ (resized).jpg91WITh00NrL._SY450_ (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago

Working out something with menacefire. Thanks for all the advice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onevox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-much-market-for-ems-with-trashed-pfs?tu=Onevox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.