(Topic ID: 100519)

Is there enough demand for 8K+ pinball machines? I don't think so.

By CraZ4Pin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Darscot
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dolls.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-20-01-28-56.png
    image-14.jpg
    20140820194308092.jpg
    vintAmanamanloose-m.jpg
    blue_snaggletooth.jpg
    Donny please.gif
    rvdv.jpg
    richpindude.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Stand alone arcades *purely* for gaming are obsolete.

Agree. Despite this, location play is doing fine and and is actually thriving in some areas. Now can you please stop telling us the arcade is dead? We already know this.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Again, say what you will about collectors...we might not be the "savior of pinball", but we do buy overpriced Stern pins and that helps pay the bills & put food on the table for all the guys working there.

You guys buying the premiums and LE's have actually helped keep pro prices down. Thanks.

Quoted from Rarehero:

We're doing our part, in our own way, to keep pinball going. As do location players. As do tournaments. All these things are important. It's silly to single out one party and insult them.

We're asking you to do more, like we are. You don't necessarily have to put your games out. Just go out of your way to support public games more often than you usually would. Play on location, compete in tournaments held in public locations and encourage your local league to play on location. If the games in your area are rough, drive a little farther and support good locations and ops.

Very much on topic is that the home market is nearing saturation. Game rooms are full and new home collectors aren't coming into the hobby nearly as fast as they were just two years ago. If you care about pinball and want to keep the hobby growing, the only place left for it to grow is amongst non-owners.

I've seen location play come back twice in my lifetime. Once in the 70's when The Who's Tommy album came out and again in the 90's. It can happen again, but we need your help. Playing in private locations 95% of the time doesn't help.

#168 9 years ago

I'm secretly hoping for a huge collapse in prices. Games will get so cheap, operators will buy up HUO games cheap and put them out on location. Location play will coming screaming back and the circle will be complete. d

#176 9 years ago

Pins don't make as much as they did in the 90's, but they also don't depreciate like they did in the 90's. I've had NIB games more than pay for themselves in earnings, then sold them for a nice profit. That didn't happen in the 70's or the 90's. I've never sold one of my location games for less than I paid for it. I maintain them meticulously and protect them wherever needed.

The numbers don't lie. Location numbers are steadily growing. Now is an excellent time to solicit new locations. My newest location took about a 10 minute conversation with the owner to secure a deal. I did my homework, made my pitch and got the location. 10 minutes tops.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-enough-demand-for-8k-pinball-machines-i-dont-think-so?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.