(Topic ID: 139456)

Is there any type of pinball "code of ethics"?

By happilymarried05

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“When making a sell should you honor sells in order of response?”

• yes 44 votes
    73%
  • no 8 votes
    13%
  • It's pinball anything is fair, backstab, step on toes, who cares. 8 votes
    13%

(60 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

Ok so yea I retired in 2007 from a car accident so don't act like you know me. It was a very horrible thing. I am a police officer until the day I die PERIOD. I am a marine until the day I die PERIOD so don't sit there and try to mock me for what I said. July 1 2008 I retired I will never forget it and I'm going to say you hit a sore spot because I was retired trying to protect and serve so don't speak on personal issues you know nothing of trying to be a smart ass. I didn't even read the rest of your post because the first line pissed me off. Just because I can not work the streets does not mean I'm not an officer. I keep my certification up to date and what I did during my deployments and the commitment I made to my country makes me a marine until I die as well.. OORAH.

You can't even get your story straight in the same paragraph! lol It's a day you will never forget ..July1 2008, orrrr 2007 like a sentence earlier syas...
LMAO ..responder OUT

#52 8 years ago

look you IDIOT my wreck was December first 1 2007. I retired July 1 2008. People died in DECEMBER ITS NOT A JOKE and I don't appreciate the crap

#53 8 years ago

Lol no agenda I just find people funny. Everyone jumps on board and bulllets fly so quickly, people judge you and tell you what you are and what you are not like they know you.

You do realize how many judgments you've already made in this thread?

#54 8 years ago

You answer emails in order but sell to the first person with cash.To many people say I will be there on tue and turn into a no show.

#55 8 years ago

Thanks for your service to our country HM.
Your ethics are honorable, wish more sellers thought like that. But like Joey said...cash is king. First person putting it in yer hand gets the prize.
Play ball !

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

But....it's just pinball man !

exactly my point. This jerk off wants to bring up things he knows nothing of and its honestly gotten me hot. Does anyone know how to block users? I can not remember

#57 8 years ago

It's easier to just stop checking in after you say OP OUT, and stop sending p.m.s to the "idiot."

#58 8 years ago

ahh the ignore button has been found. my day is complete.

have a good one

#59 8 years ago

YZ is actually a really funny guy. I'm sure he meant no offense.
I think it's just Monday mornings....

#60 8 years ago

Lets be honest here, and I like all people because I'm a mut, But every pinball party or auction I have been too there were not a lot of minorities at. Winston auction there were 6 total. I don't care but as a minority I notice these things. I feel out of place in the pin world because a majority of the people I meet I have nothing in common with, ie: I am a criminal justice major, marine/police. Lets think back to college, every group had their own little click. Jocks, rich kids, the brothas, the goths etc etc. I could care less what anybody looks like or does but I am not oblivious to my surroundings either. I was simply pointing out a diverse background

There aren't many minorities involved in sailing, hockey, or swimming either. They don't seem to have much interest. What's your point?

#61 8 years ago

no biggie I blocked those who had negative comments. All good. Its pinball, supposed to be fun not drama filled.

Have a great day GRYSZZZ

#62 8 years ago

Ok, awesome, so you can't see this right? so no more name calling p.m.s? sweet

p.s..... I don't think you really blocked anyone

#63 8 years ago

I vote that the op has the most fitting avatar. I feel like I am on meth reading some of those posts.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

There aren't many minorities involved in sailing, hockey, or swimming either. They don't seem to have much interest. What's your point?

Have a good day sir, not sure why you replied.

#65 8 years ago

Man I thought you were done 5 posts ago....
Finished now ?

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

First person putting it in yer hand gets the prize.

^^^ This but with caveat if someone says I'll purchase it provided it meets criteria X AND I'm coming today at 3pm... I'd not let somelse else get in front of this guy. So, if someone else wanted it and said the same thing I'd say they are 2nd in line and I have someone visiting at 3pm. I'll keep this new guy as 2nd in line if he wants and tell him the result of the 3pm meeting.

In other words I wouldn't let someone else show up earlier and scoop it up...

That said... if the original guy said I'll take it but I can't be there until next week... then I'd require a deposit or I'd tell him it is still on the market and if someone purchases it before then I'll let him know.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Man I thought you were done 5 posts ago....
Finished now ?

nope but you have a great day too sir.

#68 8 years ago

That is BS. I am a marine and police officer. My world doesn't work like that no matte how many ppl are full of it. You approach me first you get first dibs, PERIOD. Part of whats wrong with our world everyone has a PRICE. That's why Trump is in the lead for the Republican race he can't be bought.
It's ashamed ppl in general can be.

Asks for peoples opinions and goes off on a tangent after two responses...Da fuq? Do you drive a Dodge Stratus too?

#69 8 years ago

By the way... this would be a great example of thread for which it would be ideal if posts could be flagged as off-topic. And then you could choose to not see the off-topic posts so you can just read the actual responses to the original question of

"Say I am asking 4500 for a machine and someone asks me to send photos. During the time I am supposed to send photos someone shows up and offers me my asking price, In my mind I can't do that because I am already in talks with someone else who while he has not offered full price I just feel he should be treated with respect and at least given the chance to purchase. Is this not how people think?"

Additionally, OP perhaps by keeping your original post more succinct (as none of those details seem germane to the question) this off topic stuff may have been avoided. (Just a thought)

Lastly - Thank you for your service as a marine and police officer!

#70 8 years ago

dont you worry about me I will....
Go spread your stink somewhere else.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Asks for peoples opinions and goes off on a tangent after two responses...Da fuq? Do you drive a Dodge Stratus too?

Nope,
Altima, rogue and navigator

Thanks for asking though. Not a dodge guy
Have a good day

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

By the way... this would be a great example of thread for which it would be ideal if posts could be flagged as off-topic. And then you could choose to not see the off-topic posts so you can just read the actual responses to the original question of
"Say I am asking 4500 for a machine and someone asks me to send photos. During the time I am supposed to send photos someone shows up and offers me my asking price, In my mind I can't do that because I am already in talks with someone else who while he has not offered full price I just feel he should be treated with respect and at least given the chance to purchase. Is this not how people think?"
Additionally, OP perhaps by keeping your original post more succinct (as none of those details seem germane to the question) this off topic stuff may have been avoided. (Just a thought)
Lastly - Thank you for your service as a marine and police officer!

Positivity I love it. Thanks for an actual response

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

dont you worry about me I will....
Go spread your stink somewhere else.

aww so sweet, no thank you. I'm fine right where I am. But again have a good

#74 8 years ago

ok ok ok one more thing, how long does this post go on now that it is OVER. Lol count after I post this how many people keep responding just to get in a word lol..
Go play pinball ppl have a wonderful day and enjoy life. Your fight from your almighty keyboard is over for the day hahahahaha........ on and oldpinguy if I wanted to speak to someone directly I would do it via pm so NO this is not battle as I'm not quite sure how you have a battle on a keyboard.. (left left right, down up, a, b , c? ) wait no that like a code to something lmao Smile guys sheesh. Your gonna give yourselves high blood pressure
OK 3,2,1,
how many ppl keep posting just bc they can't help themselves lol

You're the only one who keeps emphatically declaring himself done and gone. You've lied about that like 4 times now. (Servers were down in the lab)

#75 8 years ago

Damn it I got down voted...
There goes my day...
Dude like you matter

#76 8 years ago

ok my test is over. Op OUT

ok ok ok one more thing,

Have a good day sir, not sure why you replied.

nope but you have a great day too sir.

Im outta here...
Wait, let me insult some folks first...
OK, better now...
Lets wish everyone a nice day...
I love being positive!

WOW.

#77 8 years ago

Apparently there is NO ethics in pinball

#78 8 years ago

I'm honestly trying to remember how to ignore users as I like pinside just not some of the people.

Oh, PLEASE ignore me! That way I can talk shit about you and you'll have no idea.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You can't even get your story straight in the same paragraph! lol It's a day you will never forget ..July1 2008, orrrr 2007 like a sentence earlier syas...
LMAO ..responder OUT

look you IDIOT my wreck was December first 1 2007. I retired July 1 2008. People died in DECEMBER ITS NOT A JOKE and I don't appreciate the crap

Well...can't argue with logic. Only an idiot would wear teal.

#80 8 years ago

Maybe the OP should just go find another hobby

#81 8 years ago

Ethnics makes no difference to me.

#82 8 years ago

This seems like one of the threads / posts I would have made while drinking too much. Which, after a few warnings and ejects, I've quit doing. But yeah! Good times.

#83 8 years ago

In a perfect world, first come, first served
But if I have delt with you before and it was an easy deal, then youwill be pushed up the line

#84 8 years ago

Aww look at all the constructive posts. Oh my did I get quoted for saying have a great day. Damn what was I thinking.

Oh yeah. Have a great day lol, look at yourselves you keep on and on and on even after I just say have a good one. Its like pinside is your life. Go play some pinball

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Im outta here...
Wait, let me insult some folks first...
OK, better now...
Lets wish everyone a nice day...
I love being positive!
WOW.

yay you got 2 cents in congratulations. You have a good one as well. Hope this has made your day better for you because YOU are what matters.

#86 8 years ago

And so another week begins on Pinside...

#87 8 years ago

I couldn't imagine you were a police officer with this attitude. Don't they have to stay calm and non judgemental?

#88 8 years ago

He probably was relieved of his duties because he's Fu$&@/g crazy !

#89 8 years ago

yay you got 2 cents in congratulations. You have a good one as well. Hope this has made your day better for you because YOU are what matters.

Aww look at all the constructive posts. Oh my did I get quoted for saying have a great day. Damn what was I thinking.
Oh yeah. Have a great day lol, look at yourselves you keep on and on and on even after I just say have a good one. Its like pinside is your life. Go play some pinball

Hey man, just a heads up, your posts have been by far the most insulting and combative posts in this thread. I mean yeah you posted "have a great day" and "hope this made your day better" but we are all capable of understanding the context of your condescending tone. You don't get to pretend your insults are positivity just because you presented them in the form of sarcasm.

#90 8 years ago

Wow, this thread went down hill. I'm pretty disappointed that it hasn't been locked at this point.

For anyone needing to continue the fight, register here and start a thread. - http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?18-Smack-Down-Cafe

I've found it's a great place to get stuff off your chest as long as you are thick skinned enough to take a beating when you are being an idiot.

#91 8 years ago

Practice what you preach

#92 8 years ago

Just curious Happilymarried, which game for sale did you miss out on?

#93 8 years ago

OK folks. This has been a (short) strange trip. We laughed. We cried. We scratched our head a few times. And now it's time to swing the lock-o-matic on this thread.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-type-of-pinball-code-of-ethics/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.