(Topic ID: 275579)

Is there any real innovation left in pinball ?

By pookycade

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 318 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is pinball still innovative ”

• Hell yes, you just aren’t paying attention to all the new things going on 104 votes
      70%
    • Meh, not really, but still luv me some TMNT 45 votes
      30%

(149 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (1)_LI (resized).jpg
    936646E4-9EB2-42C3-AABB-1D8A8ED70F2C (resized).png
    i_got_yer_innovation (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 1 year ago

Love me a good innovation thread - gives me an opportunity to link to this classic Multimorphic video (check out the booj):

Too many innovations to mention in the P3 but Gerry does a pretty good job of listing them here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-features

However, I think it's greatest innovation is how it allows anyone to create their own pinball game. A whole new era of indie pinball games is coming, made possible by the P3.

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Will pinball get to a point where the inherent layouts are absolutely exhausted?

This will never happen. If you have ever tried to design a layout, you would realise that there are an infinite amount of choices to make along the way. For every final design, there are hundreds of acceptable variations that the designer rejected to get there.

#148 1 year ago
    Quoted from dung:

Its a dead horse that wishes people would stop beating it. The reasons many are against competing via wifi are well discussed elsewhere. For many this is not a plus.

Oh, believe me, it's a very live horse that is developing and growing. People are developing new games right now on the P3 using Internet connectivity in different ways. In bingopodcast's new game Ranger in the Ruins, "when you lose a game, if your P3 is connected to the Internet, some 'ghost' data will be written, which can then allow you to appear within another's game". Internet connectivity brings a whole host of new interactive gameplay options and they are not all about competing. Players on different machines could work together, for example, in an online co-op game. It would be a little close-minded to dismiss all the fun and interesting possibilities because you are worried that someone is going to cheat against you in an online tournament.

#152 1 year ago

#208 1 year ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Here is some innovation in pinball: a company representative that understands pinside and doesn't fall into it's traps!

Gerry is either unusually nice or he has a very good poker face, I can't work out which it is

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside