(Topic ID: 275579)

Is there any real innovation left in pinball ?

By pookycade

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 318 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is pinball still innovative ”

• Hell yes, you just aren’t paying attention to all the new things going on 105 votes
      70%
    • Meh, not really, but still luv me some TMNT 45 votes
      30%

(150 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (1)_LI (resized).jpg
    936646E4-9EB2-42C3-AABB-1D8A8ED70F2C (resized).png
    i_got_yer_innovation (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

the pinball public REALLY wanted true progression in pinball they would be the sales leader.

Pinball public doesn’t want to pay 10k for a game. If P3 was in line with a stern premium, I’d already own one. It’s a shame that awesome innovation costs so much.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from the9gman:

guess i should have put a disclaimer on that .....vari-targets take up a lot of space

Wrong answer. The right answer is: bring back vari-targets.

#118 3 years ago

So you’d rather have all those old dated dot matrix animations as opposed to playing through all the iconic scenes of the first three movies in full HD with all the sounds and call outs?

Interesting.

And the comic book edition of Stern SW blows the Data East art out of the water.

#122 3 years ago

I’m so glad they made Star Wars again and did it justice. There are few games that are worse than Data East SW for me. Some games do have great dots. That’s not one of them.

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

I’d like to own a P3 one day. Would be great to see a licensed theme by them.

What licensed theme would you like to see P3 do that you’d pay 10k for?

#171 3 years ago

Barrier to entry to P3 is just too much for me and I think a lot of others. Once you’re in it’s awesome that additional games are only 3k.

#177 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Buy one Stern LE or basically any JJP game and you're pretty much there already!

Sure. But you didn’t mention all the spooky games, AP games, and stern pros. Way cheaper if you want NIB.

#201 3 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

HARRY POTTER! I'd literally pay $15K if it was actually super dynamic and had more than one bash toy.

Gerry. Just for fun, if Harry Potter costs 1mm bucks to license and you get all the assets. What would P3 have to cost to cover it if you were a first time buyer or a person just needing the Harry Potter kit?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-real-innovation-left-in-pinball-?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.