(Topic ID: 275579)

Is there any real innovation left in pinball ?

By pookycade

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 318 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is pinball still innovative ”

• Hell yes, you just aren’t paying attention to all the new things going on 105 votes
      70%
    • Meh, not really, but still luv me some TMNT 45 votes
      30%

(150 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (1)_LI (resized).jpg
    936646E4-9EB2-42C3-AABB-1D8A8ED70F2C (resized).png
    i_got_yer_innovation (resized).jpg
    There are 318 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 3 years ago

Just about Everything goes up in price no matter what item or thing it is. Just add $500 or $1000 more or whatever the magic number is and don’t cut corners in a game made. Tired of hearing the BOM limits what is done. Time to make a game better than the three versions and say if you want this this and this it will blank extra. Kind of like building a car With all the options you want vs buying one from dealer on lot with options they selected.

#302 3 years ago
    Quoted from sebgrinke:

How about a device that stops the balls falling out if you lift the playfield with them still in the trough?

Way old

#304 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

1999 or so eh

1999! But that was only last deca--*checks calendar* 21 years ago!

Time is stupid.

#The90sWillAlwaysBe10YearsAgo

#305 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

1999 or so eh

Quoted from Sjsilver:

1999! But that was only last deca...

Decades before that

#306 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Decades before that

That *particular* one was created for Pin2K. There probably are other machines with that feature. Kills me that Stern doesn't have it.

#307 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That *particular* one was created for Pin2K. There probably are other machines with that feature.

Yes there are other machines before 2k, which is why i said it, and which makes it not innovative

Was P2k's right flipper crank only the first one? I'll take that all day

#308 3 years ago

#300 thanks for the link! will that bracket work on a Stern Star Trek Premium?

#309 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes there are other machines before 2k, which is why i said it, and which makes it not innovative
    Was P2k's right flipper crank only the first one? I'll take that all day

which machines?

#310 3 years ago
    Quoted from sebgrinke:

"300" thanks for the link! will that bracket work on a Stern Star Trek Premium

I honestly do not know.
    I'm guessing no.

#311 3 years ago

Stern just innovated the $1000 topper, what more do you want?

#312 3 years ago

Contrast that with a brand new game from Nick Baldridge for the P3: Ranger in the Ruins. Released yesterday. $149 on the Multimorphic store. https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-game-kits/3rd-party-game-kits/ranger-in-the-ruins/

It has a bunch of gameplay innovations too.

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#313 3 years ago

Let's keep you honest... it's only $149 if you already have a Cosmic Cart Racing playfield module. Otherwise it's $2499+149 for the module and the game. If you don't have a P3... then it's IDK. $10k + 149?
    Not trying to rain on your parade. $149 is very reasonable - if you already have CCR.

#314 3 years ago

Sure, but the people buying $1k toppers also already have the game...

Ok, back to work I go. Twitch-Connect testing!

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#315 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Let's keep you honest... it's only $149 if you already have a Cosmic Cart Racing playfield module. Otherwise it's $2499+149 for the module and the game. If you don't have a P3... then it's IDK. $10k + 149?
    Not trying to rain on your parade. $149 is very reasonable - if you already have CCR.

In context though - you get BOTH CCR 2.0 and RITR if you have to buy the playfield module. I don't think anybody's thinking there are going to be sales for an ENTIRE P3 for just RITR, even as cool as it is. I think ROCs also works with the CCR playfield.

#316 3 years ago

Many/most Gottlieb games from the 60s had a special lockbar bracket under the playfield that was spring-loaded and prevented balls from falling out when you lifted the playfield.

Contrast that with most woodrail games from the 40s and 50s (where the balls all visibly collect on the playfield), then imagine breaking a backglass because you forgot to remove them... And you'll see why that was such a big deal.

#317 3 years ago

Just wait until the $600 topper is only the Pro version, and you really want the LE topper instead

#318 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

In context though - you get BOTH CCR 2.0 and RITR if you have to buy the playfield module.

That wasn't the point I was making.
    $149 only gets you the game if you already have the Cosmic Cart Racing PF.
    I don't. so it would get me nothing but software that I cant use.
    I was just making sure that people to auto-assume that the P3 is compatible with Ranger In The Ruins ... in every case.

The *only* reason I don't have RITR is that I can't afford to pony up for Heist much less Cosmic Cart Racing at this point due to covid and stupid management issues at my day job.

There are 318 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-real-innovation-left-in-pinball-/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.