Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Staggman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 3 years ago

YES, please retain parts for this game. You can no longer get many parts on the playfield PCBs. Break a switch and you're screwed.

I obtained one of these a few months back and ended up having to replace the "3" target. Unfortunately, because NOS or repro drop-in replacements don't exist, I had to wire in a normal standup target from another game. That led to the board not mounting properly, and multiple top lane rollovers not registering because of flex in the board. Even if I raised the board and adjusted the rollover switch arms, the pop bumpers would have no way of registering. That led to having to rip out all the old switches on the bottom board, install brand new normal parts (including new lamp sockets, because remember that those are on the board itself too), re-wire everything to the points on the PCB and extend the mounting of the board to the playfield. It was a lot of work and I'm happy with the results (especially having proper pop bumper leaf switches), but it's not something anyone should want to have to do because one switch died.

On a side note, I highly recommend "modernizing" this game a bit. Stock out of the box it's not that great, but lower the flippers a bit so they hit the ball harder, put a power ball or globall (the later is preffered) in it, LED it out, wire in a couple extra bulbs in the back to brighten things up, and replace those flipper parts too (chances are they are 40 years old and need it anyway). When this thing flips and plays fast, it's a lot of fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-parts-in-a-fireball-home-edition-worth-saving?tu=akm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.