Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B092D67E-3F78-416E-8443-C4156245C092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2951 (resized).jpg
giphy (resized).png
giphy (resized).png
IMG_20180501_155016 (resized).jpg
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

I believe there was a statement made some time ago that they're working out an upgraded XL display option for Medieval Madness (as an add-on). Does anyone know what the current status of that is?

#2 5 years ago

What I heard at MGC was that it successfully tested, next comes getting parts, figure out boxing, and instructions. About 2 months.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

They have been play testing at Logan's Arcade.

IMG_20180501_155016 (resized).jpgIMG_20180501_155016 (resized).jpg

#4 5 years ago

I’d love to get a MMr with the large screen!! Nice

#5 5 years ago

Didn't somebody say this would be a free upgrade for LE buyers?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Free?? You know nothing in life comes for free, especially if they can sell a few new pins. If it were free, that would be great for the early LE owners

#7 5 years ago

Wow, another run with the updated DMD. I'm in!

I was just beginning to look for a MMr and now will hold off for the updated display

#8 5 years ago

I don't think anyone knows if they are doing another run with the bigger display. The bigger display will be sold separately.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

very kind of you to buy us all one o-din!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In your dreams. Just like the color upgrade would be free for original LE owners. Sure,sure
-Mike

#11 5 years ago

I wonder with the obvious change in speakers is there an improvement in sound?

#12 5 years ago

Wonder how much it will be, has to be at least 500.00

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Wonder how much it will be, has to be at least 500.00

I'm also curious if the color chip will still be $400. I can't picture spending close to 1k simply for a better display...

#14 5 years ago

I already have the color chip, hoping I just pay for the display and the new frame.

#15 5 years ago

Any news on whether the old display can be repurposed,ala colorDMD, to another machine?

#16 5 years ago

If CGC make another run of MMr with the XL display from the factory I’d be in for one! Can’t wait to see #3 and how that compares to AFMr.

#17 5 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I sent Doug Skor a few questions yesterday for more information about the larger screens for MMr. Per usual, Doug was quick to respond. Below are my two questions and his response.

Hi Doug,

1. I'm not sure if you will be making more runs on Standard MMr, but if you do, will any of those remakes include the larger screen?
2. If they aren't included, do you know what the pricing will be to buy the larger screens separately?

From Doug:

Thank you for your interest in our larger screen.

1. At some point I am sure we will align the MMR to the SE and CE models that we have for AFMR and our soon to be released Pin #3. We recently built MMR’s and will again at the very end of 18; however they will be the same.
2. In regards to pricing, we have not yet released this information and your dealer will be the only source to obtain it. However, the pricing of the new game and or the kit will put no buyer in any worse situation even if they purchased the MMR’s when they were first introduced. The color kit will be sold separately from the larger display / speaker panel. There is no pricing advantage/disadvantage in buying an MMR today or in a year from now.

I hope this helps.

Doug Skor
Vice President
Chicago Gaming Company

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Hi Everyone,
I sent Doug Skor a few questions yesterday for more information about the larger screens for MMr. Per usual, Doug was quick to respond. Below are my two questions and his response.
Hi Doug,
1. I'm not sure if you will be making more runs on Standard MMr, but if you do, will any of those remakes include the larger screen?
2. If they aren't included, do you know what the pricing will be to buy the larger screens separately?
From Doug:
Thank you for your interest in our larger screen.
1. At some point I am sure we will align the MMR to the SE and CE models that we have for AFMR and our soon to be released Pin #3. We recently built MMR’s and will again at the very end of 18; however they will be the same.
2. In regards to pricing, we have not yet released this information and your dealer will be the only source to obtain it. However, the pricing of the new game and or the kit will put no buyer in any worse situation even if they purchased the MMR’s when they were first introduced. The color kit will be sold separately from the larger display / speaker panel. There is no pricing advantage/disadvantage in buying an MMR today or in a year from now.
I hope this helps.
Doug Skor
Vice President
Chicago Gaming Company

Thanks for posting!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I wonder with the obvious change in speakers is there an improvement in sound?

I was wondering about this too. Does any buddy know if the sound is going to remixed in a new code update similar to what they did with AFMR?

1 week later
#20 5 years ago

any news?

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I was wondering about this too. Does any buddy know if the sound is going to remixed in a new code update similar to what they did with AFMR?

well the sound was already remixed for the game - I imagine with the new speakers it will make a huge difference to the call outs and probably will require some adjustment.

#22 5 years ago

Subscribed.

1 month later
#23 5 years ago

no news? should be already available

#24 5 years ago

Lol ya and so should of game number 3

#25 5 years ago

I believe they are working hard to get game 3 in production/announce and then will get the MMR big display rolling with parts/instructions/box and go.

1 month later
#26 5 years ago

I really want this. Hoping I can bundle my MBr LE purchase with this upgraded display.

BTW, a new MMr LE interactive topper kit wouldn't hurt either

2 weeks later
#27 5 years ago

whats up with CGC ?

no infos since weeks/months

1 month later
#28 5 years ago

Please take my money, CGC

#29 5 years ago

what could we do with the old one?

#30 5 years ago

BUELLER? BUELLER? BUELLER?

3 weeks later
#31 5 years ago
giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
1 week later
#32 5 years ago

Mine's turned up at distrib, so looks like it's a bit late now to worry about sadly.. Oh well.

#33 5 years ago

i have never seen a offer for this.

not at my local distributor or at a website.

how did you get it?

price? 1K + ?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i have never seen a offer for this.

There hasn't been one yet.

Quoted from kapsreiter:

how did you get it?

Only one on location in Chicago, CGC has the game there.

2 weeks later
#35 5 years ago

Bump.

Put me down as really curious to get an update on a MMr refresh in 2019. It’s time for some news on a timeline to align MMr with the other CGC remakes.

#36 5 years ago

I’m not sure how they will do this and not offend LE owners. I am hoping it will as I’m waiting to purchase a NIB.

#37 5 years ago

MMr LE looks so sad next to AFMr LE and MBr LE...Need this XL Display!

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

I’m not sure how they will do this and not offend LE owners. I am hoping it will as I’m waiting to purchase a NIB.

First ones shipped nearly 4 years ago. Stern Vault stuff. JJP are poised to do a significantly revised YBR. Why shouldn't they?

If they upgraded MM's screen, ran the sound through a few filters as with MBr and AFMr, maybe improved the lighting and offered a new topper, with pricing brought in line, they'd probably sell another couple of thousand at least ... which would be particularly attractive to them if CCr and ToMr are still a long way off, as I suspect.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

I'm an LE owner, and wouldn't offend me in the slightest! Don't offer a new LE, but offer a CE and SE (in line with the other remakes). Then offer a display kit for existing owners to upgrade to the larger screen.

PS - bear with me as I continue to find reasons to bump this thread...

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I'm an LE owner, and wouldn't offend me in the slightest! Don't offer a new LE, but offer a CE and SE (in line with the other remakes). Then offer a display kit for existing owners to upgrade to the larger screen.
PS - bear with me as I continue to find reasons to bump this thread...

Make sure the exsiting owners would get a sound upgrade as well tho.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Make sure the exsiting owners would get a sound upgrade as well tho.

100% agree. A really awesome topper wouldn't hurt either....

#42 5 years ago

My distributor said today that they don't expect to hear anything about CGC's plans for a MMr refresh (including a XL screen option) until at least April.....if they have anything planned for release at all.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

My distributor said today that they don't expect to hear anything about CGC's plans for a MMr refresh (including a XL screen option) until at least April.....if they have anything planned for release at all.

Booooo

#44 5 years ago

You downvote the man for Sharing what his distributor told him?

#45 5 years ago

LOL... Bad news.

I fixed it.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

MMr LE looks so sad next to AFMr LE and MBr LE...Need this XL Display!

I totally agree. Could you imagine what MMr would look like if it was the next pin to be released. “I’m aware it was released already” but with everything they have learned so far as a company. Rgb lighting, topper, sound packages, other goodies, extended display, heck maybe even the new rad cals available..it would be awesome. But can you imagine the cost? Side note... I really really don’t like the LEDs used in MMr. I’m aware you can change the GI but it sucks comparatively to MBr and AFMr. Wishful thinking..

4 weeks later
#47 5 years ago

what's up now with the big display?

will it be ever released?

1 week later
#49 5 years ago

If they do another MMr with upgraded display and sound I would definitely be a buyer.

#50 5 years ago
giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-new-info-on-mmr-xl-display-options?hl=vpv1rgin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.