Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B092D67E-3F78-416E-8443-C4156245C092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2951 (resized).jpg
giphy (resized).png
giphy (resized).png
IMG_20180501_155016 (resized).jpg
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

where is the display for 800 ?

#52 5 years ago

I'm more interested in the screen and backbox panel as an upgrade.

#53 5 years ago

This may be nothing but I inquired with my Canadian distributor and they told me the next unit for MMr would be available around March...

That was before I saw this tread. So I'm lead to believe they are doing another run of machines soon... In that run may be this upgrade.

2 weeks later
#54 5 years ago

Stern and JJP have exciting new titles coming out...CGC, let's one up them with a new XL display option/interactive topper for one of the best games of all time! Please take my money soon!

#55 5 years ago

With what's described on the bk3 topper mmr better have some serous mechanics in its topper.

#56 5 years ago

todays update

We have no tentative launch date for an XL display for MMr. It is in the process of being developed. We will make a public announcement when it becomes available.

Thanks
Sales Manager

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

todays update
We have no tentative launch date for an XL display for MMr. It is in the process of being developed. We will make a public announcement when it becomes available.
Thanks
Sales Manager

Thank you for the update. I just read the entire thread and now i'm depressed.

-Dan

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

I’m aware you can change the GI but it sucks comparatively to MBr and AFMr. Wishful thinking..

How does one do this?

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

How does one do this?

In the CGC menu you can play with incandescent lighting, the timing to look more like bulbs than LEDs, nothing for GI in MMR. In AFMR and MBR, check the CGC menu for more options.

LTG : )

1 week later
#60 5 years ago

Earlier this month, my distributor informed me that the next CGC run of MMr goes on the line June/July.

CGC says ‘no XL DMD at this time’. It’s ‘still in development’.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Earlier this month, my distributor informed me that the next CGC run of MMr goes on the line June/July.

I was hoping there would be some sort of reveal at MGC.

#62 5 years ago

Seems like a tricky thing to release. MMr commands a higher price.. My guess is it pretty much funded the bulk of the R&D to all remakes. If it's the same price you kinda screwed early buyers, if it's more expensive that's a harder sell. On top of that there's the upgrade kit.. Sort of amplifies the problem.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Seems like a tricky thing to release. MMr commands a higher price.. My guess is it pretty much funded the bulk of the R&D to all remakes. If it's the same price you kinda screwed early buyers, if it's more expensive that's a harder sell. On top of that there's the upgrade kit.. Sort of amplifies the problem.

Good points. However, I am ready to pay what it takes to get an XL display for my MMr. As long as they don't release another series of LEs, I don't think anyone would be upset. Technology improves, so be it - everyone wants CGC to succeed and put out the best games possible.

#64 5 years ago

I was told at MGC "no MMR XL version will be coming"
and
IF/WHEN it comes it will "ONLY be a kit"

Granted this came from an Oktoberfest distributor... so take it for what it is worth.

I have zero interest in MMr at current price and with the need to do some sort of add-on XL kit.
I do have interest in MMrXL at the more normal price that you can get the other remakes for.

Lets be honest MMr was priced solely on the 2ndary market cost of originals at that time.

Smart sales now means they are going to need to drop the price and add the XL if they want to sell more of a game that has slowed greatly on sales post AFM and MB remakes...

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was told at MGC "no MMR XL version will be coming"
and
IF/WHEN it comes it will "ONLY be a kit"
Granted this came from an Oktoberfest distributor... so take it for what it is worth.
I have zero interest in MMr at current price and with the need to do some sort of add-on XL kit.
I do have interest in MMrXL at the more normal price that you can get the other remakes for.
Lets be honest MMr was priced solely on the 2ndary market cost of originals at that time.
Smart sales now means they are going to need to drop the price and add the XL if they want to sell more of a game that has slowed greatly on sales post AFM and MB remakes...

Kit only is perfect. If they don't release a kit, it's a huge missed opportunity and disappointment for the remakes (and one of the best games of all time)

#66 5 years ago

I heard a Kit and a run of MMR games with everything installed

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I heard a Kit and a run of MMR games with everything installed

Most likely urban legend.

#68 5 years ago

Only a kit seems cool enough to me. The bigger screen is very nice.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Agreed 100% We bought a MMRLE early. It was a GREAT price at the time. Now it seems like people are spoiled that complain about if they make it with new XL display or if they lower the price and do another run of CE, SE, LE models.

For crying out load! Mint MM's were going from 12 to 20 thousand at the time.

If they make a kit we will buy it day one. If they make new MMR's with it installed well good for them. Really don't care about the whole how limited a LE is. The game was bought for the features at the time not because there were only X amount made.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Agreed 100% We bought a MMRLE early. It was a GREAT price at the time. Now it seems like people are spoiled that complain about if they make it with new XL display or if they lower the price and do another run of CE, SE, LE models.
For crying out load! Mint MM's were going from 12 to 20 thousand at the time.
If they make a kit we will buy it day one. If they make new MMR's with it installed well good for them. Really don't care about the whole how limited a LE is. The game was bought for the features at the time not because there were only X amount made.

The question is whether you or any other MMr LE owners would be upset if they released an essentially identical (but unnumbered) Classic Edition for $6K? I find it more likely they will just move on to the next game with less bad PR associated as I imagine current owners would be upset.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

The question is whether you or any other MMr LE owners would be upset if they released an essentially identical (but unnumbered) Classic Edition for $6K? I find it more likely they will just move on to the next game with less bad PR associated as I imagine current owners would be upset.

Wouldn’t be upset at all if they made a classic edition. Which is basically what their standard edition is already. Wouldn’t be upset if they made another LE edition either. Let’s put it this way. We were saving to buy a original MM in around the price range of $15,0000. Bought the MMRLE instead and save half that. On a side note. I’m about to do my first repair on the MMRLE since owned. That’s the switch I mentioned above. Not bad for all these years.

4 weeks later
#72 4 years ago

Sad face
Happy face
Happy face

IMG_2951 (resized).jpgIMG_2951 (resized).jpg
#73 4 years ago

If they're remaking the MM Remake, any chance the price of MM might get reduced to where it is for Monster Bash?

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If they're remaking the MM Remake, any chance the price of MM might get reduced to where it is for Monster Bash?

Doubtful.

I do not think CGC want to piss off all the people that have already bought the game.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Doubtful.
I do not think CGC want to piss off all the people that have already bought the game.

Stern wouldn't mind stuff like that.

MMR "was" a Stern contract game, this is why it had to be that expensive.
They now could manufacture it cheaper.
While it might piss of early buyers, they got the benefit of 'having it early'.

For the price of a Monster Bash I could afford one, that's why I hope it'll happen.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They would sell another thousand or two if they did a price reduction. They did do it on AFMR. Dropped them to same price as MBR. But also doubt it will happen. If it did. I would buy one.

#77 4 years ago

The distro I spoke to recently said the next production run in July will be identical to the last run, including the pricing.

The XL screen will be a kit available for extra $ (More expensive than a 65” tv)

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

The distro I spoke to recently said the next production run in July will be identical to the last run, including the pricing.
The XL screen will be a kit available for extra $ (More expensive than a 65” tv)

LCD or OLED?

#79 4 years ago

Ha. Good question. LCD.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Ha. Good question. LCD.

What is the brand of this 65" TV you speak of? Samsung, Sony... Magnavox?

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

What is the brand of this 65" TV you speak of? Samsung, Sony... Magnavox?

It’s more than a 4K UHD LED Samsung 7000 series tv from BBY*

I am looking forward to making MMr my first NIB, but a little disappointed by the crazy XL screen price

*My fingers are crossed that it was bad info, and the pricing will be reasonable or the XL screen included as standard equipment.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Stern wouldn't mind stuff like that.
MMR "was" a Stern contract game, this is why it had to be that expensive.
They now could manufacture it cheaper.
While it might piss of early buyers, they got the benefit of 'having it early'.
For the price of a Monster Bash I could afford one, that's why I hope it'll happen.

There were mmr’s made at cgc after the stern run(s)

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

It’s more than a 4K UHD LED Samsung 7000 series tv from BBY*
I am looking forward to making MMr my first NIB, but a little disappointed by the crazy XL screen price
*My fingers are crossed that it was bad info, and the pricing will be reasonable or the XL screen included as standard equipment.

I'm hoping it's the 40" then. That, or you received bad info.

In all seriousness, I'm hopeful it's no more than $400 for the "kit", but my gut is telling me it's going to be at least twice that. I guess time will tell.

You're making a great choice for a NIB pin. My first NIB was AFMLE. No regrets.

Enjoy your MMr when you receive it!

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

There were mmr’s made at cgc after the stern run(s)

I know.

#85 4 years ago

Ah I suppose you mean to start out they priced high as it was contract so another person that needed a cut and the entry to an original was so much.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ah I suppose you mean to start out they priced high as it was contract so another person that needed a cut and the entry to an original was so much.

I didn't get the last part, but the rest yes.

I assume they'd now be able to reduce the price (they did lower the price for Attack from Mars a bit when Monster Bash came out) but yeah, it'd not be that great of a move for the early adopters and they propably wouldn't sell those quantities so it'd still be more expensive then the other machines.

One can still hope tough.

#87 4 years ago

I thought it was said that MMr won’t go down in price with future builds.

Hopefully the large screen kits aren’t over 1k and if they are that’s a full kit price including color rom etc. and a cheaper one will be available if that’s the case minus the color rom. I don’t currently own a MMr but do own an afmr and will be getting MBr this week. The large screen is nice and will look great on MMr.

#88 4 years ago

I love my LE but I do think it would be cool to do a “LE upgrade kit” to get MMR LE owners closer to what the other new LEs got...

Painted and lit castle and trolls
Lit/Interactive Topper
XL screen
Lockdown bar plaque

...and then do a “SE upgrade kit” for the SE owners...

Painted castle and trolls
XL screen

...then they can start making a proper SE if they want to... and finally do an MMR Classic.

#89 4 years ago

Yep I'm out on MM at the current price, but if they lower it to same prices of Monster Bash I would definitely get one.

2 weeks later
#90 4 years ago

I can't believe it's been over a year since the discussion of the big screen came up about MMr, such a missed oppurtunity and given that MM is THE BEST GAME (rankings wise, that is) shouldn't it get the BEST DISPLAY?

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I can't believe it's been over a year since the discussion of the big screen came up about MMr, such a missed oppurtunity and given that MM is THE BEST GAME (rankings wise, that is) shouldn't it get the BEST DISPLAY?

Thinking about it, it might actually make sense to wait a while longer. For them, that is.

There are a pretty small viable number of remakes, and all possible future ones will require a lot more work than the ones done already, with most having less certain sales numbers. It'd take quite a lot of further time and investment to transition to original titles, so having MMrr (Medieval Madness Remake Remade) in their back pocket as a stopgap might be handy.

Unlike AFM and MB, original MM values now once again hugely eclipse MMr values in Europe, looks like they do in the US too. That tends to suggest that people aren't nearly as satisfied with MMr as the subsequent titles, and that there's significant scope for them to sell a lot more of an upgraded title.

Why do upgrade kits or piecemeal runs of new games with the new screen and speakers? Wait a few more years until there's a gap in production, then announce MMrr with new screen, speakers, re-processed audio, upgraded lighting and / or toys, trim, topper & potentially other things, and probably sell significantly more units of it than MMr.

I suspect they may have reached the same conclusion, and this is why that test game appeared on location a year ago, but nothing ever happened and they've essentially withdrawn any previous commitment to releasing it.

They'd never really make any serious cash on upgrade kits, support would probably turn out to be a pain in the ass, and partially upgraded new runs would never sell as many as a potential MMrr.

#92 4 years ago

I wonder if they will sell XL display kits for classic edition upgrades also.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Unlike AFM and MB, original MM values now once again hugely eclipse MMr values in Europe, looks like they do in the US too. That tends to suggest that people aren't nearly as satisfied with MMr as the subsequent titles, and that there's significant scope for them to sell a lot more of an upgraded title.

It seems like originals still carry a higher value than remakes. Some people will always pay a premium (although certainly smaller than pre-remake) for "originals" (except all the replaced art, boards, PFs, mechs and sometimes even cabs, lol) of all those titles because they believe that they'll last longer, play different, are more customizable, or maybe they just NEED Williams logos... who knows?

The genius of making an "LE upgrade kit" is that it will/may satisfy MMR LE owners and free CGC to do an "MMRR" (or more like an MMR SE) without screwing over their LE base. It's not about just grabbing that cash (although I'm sure they will find some profit) but maintaining the channel and bringing MMR up to the current line standard.

Obviously doing an MMRR LE would piss 1000 people off royally... and I know alot of people who are buying matching CGC LE numbers and would probably just stop if that went down.

SO they make 1000 of the LE upgrade (at most) and call it done. Congrats you early adopters, your LE is in line with the other LEs. Then when they start making MMR SEs they make a small "SE upgrade kit" since the parts will be on the line.

...of course they're basically selling an "MMR Classic" for 8K right now so their motivation might not be very strong, lol.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It seems like originals still carry a higher value than remakes. Some people will always pay a premium (although certainly smaller than pre-remake) for "originals" (except all the replaced art, boards, PFs, mechs and sometimes even cabs, lol) of all those titles because they believe that they'll last longer, play different, are more customizable, or maybe they just NEED Williams logos... who knows?
The genius of making an "LE upgrade kit" is that it will/may satisfy MMR LE owners and free CGC to do an "MMRR" (or more like an MMR SE) without screwing over their LE base. It's not about just grabbing that cash (although I'm sure they will find some profit) but maintaining the channel and bringing MMR up to the current line standard.
Obviously doing an MMRR LE would piss 1000 people off royally... and I know alot of people who are buying matching CGC LE numbers and would probably just stop if that went down.
SO they make 1000 of the LE upgrade (at most) and call it done. Congrats you early adopters, your LE is in line with the other LEs. Then when they start making MMR SEs they make a small "SE upgrade kit" since the parts will be on the line.
...of course they're basically selling an "MMR Classic" for 8K right now so their motivation might not be very strong, lol.

It's only for MM. Original AFM and MB prices are a fraction of what they were, and much lower than the remakes. At least in Europe, you can hardly sell MBs at the moment. People aren't biting.

I'm really not sure there's any value proposition for CGC in making the upgrade kit, hence them backtracking ... and to me at least, an MMrr at some point in the future does make a lot of sense.

#95 4 years ago

Well that’s CGCs call but I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you. They have a good thing going with these remakes but screwing off your base 1000 buyers is probably not a good move.

BtW, send us all these cheap MBs and AFMs, because they’re still selling just fine over here.

1 week later
#96 4 years ago

I want one of these very much

#97 4 years ago

I may have missed it, but I'm kinda surprised someone hasn't posted tying to fit their AFMr/MBr display onto an MMr....

1 week later
#98 4 years ago

Hi , does anyone know what format the video info is sent to the lcd/dmd is on a MMR ?
It is sent to the lcd driver board via a hdmi plug to dvi adapter, I have tried another lcd screen and driver board which has hdmi and dvi and using either input the screen tells me unsupported format ?
I was thinking of making a new speaker panel with a 17.3 lcd screen in it .
Any help would be great thanks.

1 week later
#99 4 years ago

P
L
E
A
S
E

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I'm kinda surprised someone hasn't posted tying to fit their AFMr/MBr display onto an MMr....

I'm kind of surprised I haven't had a tech call of someone trying and mucking things up.

It won't work. I believe you need more than just a bigger screen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-new-info-on-mmr-xl-display-options/page/2?hl=parzival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.