(Topic ID: 234010)

Is there any difference between common parts from different sellers?

By DW3000

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I’ve been wondering this for a while and haven’t really found anything definitive.

Are the common parts from different vendors (say, Marco / Pinball Life / PBResource / PPS/BAA) all identical, or are there differences?

Things like flipper rebuild kits, pop bumper parts, slingshot parts, magnet cores - assuming you’re looking at the same part #, are all of these vendors sourcing from some common supplier, or is the same item different at each individual store? And if there are differences, what are they?

With all the huge number of common metal brackets and plungers and coil stops and kickers, links and yokes, and then the plastic parts like pop bumper bodies and bases and more, it just got me wondering if there’s this big duplication of effort on all of these parts or if they are all completely identical no matter where they’re from.

If there’s already a thread detailing this and going in depth, I couldn’t find it..

#2 5 years ago

Yes there are differences. Just based on my experience. It really depends on the part. For example coil stops of different lengths.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from DW3000:

And if there are differences, what are they?

Differences in manufacturing quality and materials. Occasionally, there might be a difference in measurements, like as mentioned above.

Sometimes the way one supplier has a part manufactured makes it more or less likely to fail than another supplier's part.

Duplication? Not really. It's just the supplier trying to supply the basics along with their other items.

#4 5 years ago

Pinball life rubbers suck

#5 5 years ago

They seem to make their own a lot of the time. Marco williams EM plunger links are different design from PBR, and seem to be different material. PBL parts have bad QA and frequently are non-working on arrival. They all make their rubbers from different materials.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Pinball life rubbers suck

Quoted from zacaj:

They all make their rubbers from different materials.

See, this one I’ve seen and experienced first-hand - and *could* find at least some mention of, which is what got me thinking in the first place. Marco rubbers seem like a higher quality than Pinball Life .. PBL’s seemed less “rubbery” — almost dried out or something. Especially the flipper rubbers.

#7 5 years ago

I personally don't like the black metal used in PBR's flipper rebuild kits. I like Marco's best.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-difference-between-common-parts-from-different-sellers?hl=dw3000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.