(Topic ID: 13935)

Is there an iPhone friendly way to read Pinside forum?

By ChadH

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pdxmonkey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

It's a bit cumbersome to read Pinside on an iPhone with the Safari web browser.

Are there any better ways to read the forum on an iPhone?

#2 12 years ago

Nope. Posting pics is also a no go from iPhone or iPad. Someday.....maybe.

#3 12 years ago

There's another forum that I'm a member of, Octopus Overlords and they have their forums connected to an app called Tapatalk.

Using this app users can browse and post to their forums. If you're curious as to what the website forums and the app forums look like download the app and compare it to the forums.

Using Tapatalk it's 100% better than using safari web browser.

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from JWS64:

There's another forum that I'm a member of, Octopus Overlords and they have their forums connected to an app called Tapatalk.
    Using this app users can browse and post to their forums. If you're curious as to what the website forums and the app forums look like download the app and compare it to the forums.
    Using Tapatalk it's 100% better than using safari web browser.

I do have Tapatalk on my iPhone. Would be great if it worked with Pinside. Maybe someday?

#5 12 years ago

I like pinside how it is on iPhone.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Same for me. I just turn the phone sideways and stretch the text to the screen size and it is fairly easy to read.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

+1; pretty easy to navigate and read. I just wish you could upload pics.

#8 12 years ago

On my iPhone I have issues when trying to post. once you start typing it can be difficult to find where in the text you should be. Not posting pics is the biggest issue IMO. If you could at least use photobucket it would be great. I frankly don't quite understand why posting from photobucket doesnt work.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

markmon said:I like pinside how it is on iPhone.
    Same for me. I just turn the phone sideways and stretch the text to the screen size and it is fairly easy to read.

I do the same thing... but... it's cumbersome.

#10 12 years ago

Is there any way for the iPhone to automatically log into your pinside account like I can with my desktop computer?

#11 12 years ago

I don't have an issue with it. The navigation bar obscuring the text box prior to the 2.5 update was minor at most. Everything works and is readable. If you can't see the text try landscape orientation.

#12 12 years ago

+1 for tapatalk I use that for the KLOV site

#13 12 years ago

I hate forums that keep bugging you to either install some app everytime you load the page or that keep defaulting to a defeatured mobile version of the site. This place is fine how it is.

#14 12 years ago

If I'm bored at night before I fall asleep in bed I browse pinside on iphone. I browse, never posting from the phone. It's too easy to hit the wrong keys and have typo's all over the place.

1 year later
    #15 10 years ago

Just got here. Using safari or chrome on the iPhone is a really clumsy way to browse pinside. Is pinside using common forum software that can be made to hook into tapatalk? I've been using it for other forums and it works great.

I hardly ever use a computer anymore. I can manage to most everything that I need on an iPad or iPhone.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I'm on my iPad right now. I'm usually on Pinside on my iPad; have never had any trouble.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from JWS64:

If I'm bored at night before I fall asleep in bed I browse pinside on iphone.

Same here.

#18 10 years ago

I've had issues lots on the iPhone when trying to sign in the 'login' doesn't respond.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

I've had issues lots on the iPhone when trying to sign in the 'login' doesn't respond.

I go to My Pinside and sign in there.

#20 10 years ago

Robin has already said no Tapatalk (for good reasons too) so don't hold your breath for it. Fine by me, rather have a mobile style sheet.

#21 10 years ago

Thanks for the tip, kwiKimart!

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

Thanks for the tip, kwiKimart!

You're welcome!!

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Nope. Posting pics is also a no go from iPhone or iPad. Someday.....maybe.

Hmm... I post all my pics from an iPhone.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Me too. 99% of my pinsiding is done on my IPhone 4S.

Seems to work sweetly.

rd.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

It does respond. It puts the pop up box to the left. Scroll the page left and sign in.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Browsing on iPhone 5 and ipad goes well In safari and posting pics to

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You're replying to a comment from over a year ago. At that time it was true.

#28 10 years ago

I use my iPad for pinside it's always logged in when I touch the icon and no worries posting pics.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

You're replying to a comment from over a year ago. At that time it was true.

Ah ha
    Thanks for the clarification

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-an-iphone-friendly-way-to-read-pinside-forum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.