(Topic ID: 203046)

Is there a way to set the automatic timeout timer?

By andrewket

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

I find myself frequently needing to sign back in to pinside if more than ~10 min expires between new page loads.
    Many forums have an option to keep the user logged in, and to set the token/cookie expiration offset (e.g. keep me logged in for 4 hours.) I can’t find that option on pinside. Does it exist?

This is a known issue on some browsers, mostly on Safari, and I have no idea what's causing it. I'm assuming there is something wrong with the way I store the login cookie. If any web developer out there could take a look and help me tackle this, I'd appreciate it.

Quoted from Dayhuff:

Same here. I might lose a connection but I don't think I've ever signed out of Pinside in however many years it's been. I guess I don't see what the point of it is?

Signing out is only needed if you are in a public internet location, like school or work. Or if you on a friends computer or whatnot.

If you are browsing on your own pc/phone/tablet and there is no risk of someone "abusing" your account, signing out has no real benefit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-way-to-set-the-automatic-timeout-timer?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.