(Topic ID: 318705)

Is There A Way To Print Out A Single Post?

By GRB1959

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DaveH
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    print (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

Is there a way to print out a single post? I know that I can perform a screen capture and paste it into MS Word or another application and then print the post using that application.

I guess what I am looking for is some functionality that is built into the Pinside website that allows for the printing of a single post without having to perform a screen capture and paste it into another application prior to printing. There are some really good technical posts complete with photos that would be really nice to have the ability to print it out so that I can print it out to use when performing maintenance or a mod installation on one of my pinball machines.

Gord

#2 1 year ago

Ok, we don’t have to print the internet.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Is there a way to print out a single post? I know that I can perform a screen capture and paste it into MS Word or another application and then print the post using that application.
    I guess what I am looking for is some functionality that is built into the Pinside website that allows for the printing of a single post without having to perform a screen capture and paste it into another application prior to printing. There are some really good technical posts complete with photos that would be really nice to have the ability to print it out so that I can print it out to use when performing maintenance or a mod installation on one of my pinball machines.
    Gord

If you click the user icon at the top of someone's post, that will show all of that person's post in the thread you are in. That might get you close to what you're looking for.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #4 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha! Nice

#5 1 year ago

In Windows, when using Chrome, highlight the text/post, right click, select print.

print (resized).jpgprint (resized).jpg
    #6 1 year ago

I'm an IT professional using Chrome for 10 years and I never knew this. Lol.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #8 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I print to pdf. Things disappear. I would like a copy such as the instructions for a mod and store it in that games file.
    You never know, the author could get pissed and remove it such as Cliff's pin repair. I saved a pdf of all of it every year or so until it was removed.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from avspin:

I print to pdf. Things disappear. I would like a copy such as the instructions for a mod and store it in that games file.
    You never know, the author could get pissed and remove it such as Cliff's pin repair. I saved a pdf of all of it every year or so until it was removed.

Do you have an Archive.org account? I'm sure several us would like to see the PDFs preserved for historical purposes.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

I know that I can perform a screen capture and paste it into MS Word or another application and then print the post using that application.

I realize this isn't what you wanted, but the Snipping Tool in windows is awesome for this stuff. Just pop open the start menu and type in "snip" and it will be highlighted. Click new, and drag your mouse over the exact post you want. Then click print.

The advantage is that it is one step, and it is exactly like it appears on the screen. It is the equivalent of "drag and print". We use it a lot at work for technical docs where you just want to get something that is on the screen into an easy image without other junk and without editing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-way-to-print-out-a-single-post and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.