• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hump-day-funny-picture-divorce-got-half-the-car (resized).jpg
fuse (resized).JPG
line fuse (resized).JPG
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I'm going out of town and don't want anyone playing my game. How can I make it inoperable?

#2 7 years ago

Open the coin door, pop up the fuse holder for the line fuse, lock the coin door and keep the keys with you.

#3 7 years ago

I retract my solution.

#4 7 years ago

Not sure what your concern is -- kids, unruly neighbors, pinball loving alien invaders, ......

Take out the USB dongle at the back of the metal box in the cabinet. I don't believe the game will operate without it.

#5 7 years ago

Is the game in a frat house?

Unplug it and ask nicely that no one play it. Cover it in shrink wrap.
Take out the fuse.

Change the game to $25 per play.

#6 7 years ago

Take all the balls out and keep the coin door key with you

#7 7 years ago

Take out all the balls...ph just beat me too it

#8 7 years ago

Truth is my wife is leaving me and I don't want sone asshole touching my shit until I can move it. That's how OJ went crazy.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Open the coin door, pop up the fuse holder for the line fuse, lock the coin door and keep the keys with you.

Line fuse?

#10 7 years ago

Damn sry bro.......take the balls out.....best bet.............Joey

#11 7 years ago

I didn't know OJ had pins

#12 7 years ago

see item 1 next to the coin box:
line fuse (resized).JPGline fuse (resized).JPG

fuse (resized).JPGfuse (resized).JPG

#13 7 years ago

unplug the boards, lock the door, take keys

do not leave guitars around
(bonus 10 points if you get that reference)

#14 7 years ago

Ahh........that pic suxxxx.....!!!............Joey

#15 7 years ago

Was it Freddy for the win......?!.............Joey

#16 7 years ago

"Best Permanent Lock"

Immediately rent a moving truck, and call in sick for a day.
Put the game(s) in a temporary storage that is completely unknown location to your wife, depending on how much you value the machine(s).
Why?
A number of weird things can happen if/when future (ex)wives leave. (girlfriends too)
Not a single instance ever, ever ends well.
No point in listing all the potential "what ifs" and make someone worry.
Women simply make pure emotional decisions with no thought of consequences many times.
It is unavoidable, and things like pinball machines are big targets.

I actually have changed HOUSE locks and keys, to avoid potential problems.
It works, problem was solved, permission required to enter to retrieve any remaining belongings (especially with "third party" involvement), and excluding things that were not hers owned in the first place whether for acquisition or destruction .

"It is easier to find a rare machine, than find a rare woman who enjoys pinball."

hump-day-funny-picture-divorce-got-half-the-car (resized).jpghump-day-funny-picture-divorce-got-half-the-car (resized).jpg

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

unplug the boards, lock the door, take keys
do not leave guitars around
(bonus 10 points if you get that reference)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hell-hath-no-fury-like-a-woman-scorned

#18 7 years ago

Your worried about the wrong thing.
It might be gone when you get back if she knows the value

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

I didn't know OJ had pins

OJ had given his wife a white Mondial cabriolet which she allowed many of her boyfriends to drive.

He lost it.

#20 7 years ago

I'll be watching Texas craigslist for a good deal on WOZ
I kid, I kid
Good luck to you. We've all been through something similar. Everything is temporary.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from KAPSIG1:

Your worried about the wrong thing.
It might be gone when you get back if she knows the value

That would my concern. A WOZ is not a beat up EM, think how quick she could flip it for cash and boom a marital asset is now gone. Follow Knights advice get anything of value out of there to a climate controlled storage unit ASAP.

#22 7 years ago

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Pull a key fuse.

Put locking nuts on your legs inside the cab.

Put a note under glass that this is not for sale and is your property. Don't be nasty as it might provoke a reaction from her. Better yet, put a for sale sign in the glass with your name and cell phone number.

Lock it up.

Don't leave it long. Find a friend to store it for you.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Women simply make pure emotional decisions with no thought of consequences many times.

And men don't?

Still, yeah, no matter what you do to it, if she tries to sell it for 5 grand or less, someone will take it. Get it outta there.

#25 7 years ago

If I take it out of the house, she can't claim it stolen? I only say that because it came out of a joint account.

#26 7 years ago

Just spray some water on the witch, and your worries are over.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Fuego:

If I take it out of the house, she can't claim it stolen? I only say that because it came out of a joint account.

I recommend sitting down with her and trying to civilly discuss if you can agree on how to divide the assets. Don't expect to get more than your fair share though.

#28 7 years ago

I had a decently good divorce only because we decided among ourselves how to divide things before hand so lawyer fees were just a few hundred dollars. The more you agree on the less the painful and expensive the divorce will be.

You can unplug any WOZ by pulling on the power cord where it enters the pin in the back. You cannot see it's unplugged unless you remove the access plate.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I recommend sitting down with her and trying to civilly discuss if you can agree on how to divide the assets. Don't expect to get more than your fair share though.

This. Plus if you disable the game and it gets noticed that might tip your hand and it could become targeted.

I think though if I had to go and couldn't take the whole game with me, and civility was not an option at that time, I would take the entire computer box. That way if she tries to offload it quick it would be a much harder sell.

#30 7 years ago

this ^^^^ good idea merccat!

#31 7 years ago

I agree with those that say taking the game with you if possible is the best option. Fuses and balls are easily replaced and the locks on these games are easily drilled. JJP games have a USB dongle in the back of the computer that acts as a DRM for the code. Take this out and the game will be unplayable and the game will only be usable for parts if sold.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

LOL...good luck with that.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

LOL...good luck with that.

Why? A lot of couples just grow apart and can easily settle things to move on. If it is nasty then sure it likely will not work to sit down and talk.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Why? A lot of couples just grow apart and can easily settle things to move on. If it is nasty then sure it likely will not work to sit down and talk.

Agreed. However, the OP certainly seems to have some concerns, so it makes one wonder how civil things can be under that particular roof.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Once an attorney is hired, their #1 strategy is to make their client feel entitled to more than any existing agreement.

Attorneys don't make any money on a "simple divorce". They need to escalate it into a drawn out battle.

Wife: I just want a simple divorce. 1/2 the house, 1/2 of our savings, keep my car, and 1/2 of our Turkish Rug collection.
Attorney: Hmmm, you are selling yourself short here. An unfair settlement like that is unheard of in King County. You realize he has convinced you of an agreement that amounts to outright robbery???
W: Really??? He seemed so sincere!
A: I see this all the time....I just hate to see another woman end up the victim.
W: Well, I'll tell you right now, I'm no victim! What should we do?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Once an attorney is hired, their #1 strategy is to make their client feel entitled to more than any existing agreement.
Attorneys don't make any money on a "simple divorce". They need to escalate it into a drawn out battle.
Wife: I just want a simple divorce. 1/2 the house, 1/2 of our savings, keep my car, and 1/2 of our Turkish Rug collection.
Attorney: Hmmm, you are selling yourself short here. An unfair settlement like that is unheard of in King County. You realize he has convinced you of an agreement that amounts to outright robbery???
W: Really??? He seemed so sincere!
A: I see this all the time....I just hate to see another woman end up the victim.
W: Well, I'll tell you right now, I'm no victim! What should we do?

you've either been through this yourself or you are a divorce lawyer.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

I thought all pinside members had law degrees.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Did your ex get the King Kong? I see it on your previously owned now. ???

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Never married and no offspring - that's how I kept my happy demeanor all these years.

#40 7 years ago

You wouldn't happen to have a precipitous chandelier in your two-story entryway, would you?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Did your ex get the King Kong? I see it on your previously owned now. ???

You sure seem to be interested in my marital status, so I can only presume you are interested. Sorry to break your heart, but I am spoken for, and happily so. You also seem to be infatuated with my pinball machines and my personal life. It borders on creepy and gives off the feeling of being stalked.

I lived an hour north of Green Bay for 9+ years, and found most Wisconsonites to be nice folks, and on Sunday's in the fall they can either be found at Lambeau Field or in front of their tv set watching the Packer's. They play at 4:25 this afternoon against the Colts. Maybe you might consider grabbing a PBR, a plate of cheddar and some crackers, and sit down to watch the game. You'll be a lot happier person.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

It borders on creepy and gives off the feeling of being stalked.

That's an understatement.

Enjoy the game today.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

You sure seem to be interested in my marital status, so I can only presume you are interested. Sorry to break your heart, but I am spoken for, and happily so. You also seem to be infatuated with my pinball machines and my personal life. It borders on creepy and gives off the feeling of being stalked.
I lived an hour north of Green Bay for 9+ years, and found most Wisconsonites to be nice folks, and on Sunday's in the fall they can either be found at Lambeau Field or in front of their tv set watching the Packer's. They play at 4:25 this afternoon against the Colts. Maybe you might consider grabbing a PBR, a plate of cheddar and some crackers, and sit down to watch the game. You'll be a lot happier person.

The guy who makes stuff up to 'fit in' or whatever, is a happy guy. Ok, as you were. The fact that you stalk others around here is documented. Nice try goofball.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

The guy who makes stuff up to 'fit in' or whatever, is a happy guy. Ok, as you were. The fact that you stalk others around here is documented. Nice try goofball.

I'm sure that sounded better in your head than it did when you wrote it down.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

And men don't?
Still, yeah, no matter what you do to it, if she tries to sell it for 5 grand or less, someone will take it. Get it outta there.

No. we dont, it may seem that way only because we can think a 100 times faster and make weighted desicions is a split second- unlike women.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Lol whats that saying about a woman scorned?

#47 7 years ago

The OP said that the WOZ was purchased from their joint bank account. That complicates in my mind and I would think that the wife is a joint owner of it but I'm not a lawyer.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

No. we dont, it may seem that way only because we can think a 100 times faster and make weighted desicions is a split second- unlike women.

Sorry dude, that's pretty a pretty narrow minded statement. I know plenty of women who are very logical thinkers and have encountered plenty of men who fly off the handle at the slightest provocation.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The OP said that the WOZ was purchased from their joint bank account. That complicates in my mind and I would think that the wife is a joint owner of it but I'm not a lawyer.

Oh, yeah... if that's so, I think that would complicate matters. Hope it all works out for both of you and you get to keep WOZ, especially if she has no actual interest in it other than possibly spite.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Sorry dude, that's pretty a pretty narrow minded statement. I know plenty of women who are very logical thinkers and have encountered plenty of men who fly off the handle at the slightest provocation.

It's pretty narrow-minded of you to not think it was a joke.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-way-to-lock-my-woz?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.