(Topic ID: 74770)

Is there a trick to install the Comet corkscrew ramp?

By HomeBrew

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Boise_D
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homebrew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I bought a repo Comet corkscrew ramp that is thicker than the original, and I must be doing something wrong when I am installing it. The ball will not go up the ramp when launched, it hits the end of the ramp and bounces back. On my old ramp someone had made a cut out by the bumper to allow the ball better access to the ramp, does this need to be done on the new ramp, the new ramp does seem to ride up against on the screw in the bumper.

#3 10 years ago

vid1900

Thanks for your offer of help.

I played around with positioning the repo Comet corkscrew ramp and found that using the original screw holes did not work with the extra thick new ramp. I ended up moving it back from the old holes and now when the ball is launched it will go around the corkscrew ramp.

That leaves only my Lethal Weapon 3 not working out of my 3 pinball machines for Christmas. The ball launcher just stopped working on it. Its kind of funny, I traded another pin that was always breaking down at Christmas time for the Lethal Weapon 3, and the Lethal Weapon 3 has given me no problems until Christmas.

Oh, well I guess my grandsons will enjoy the 2 working pinball machines and the Mame arcade I built that I just got working again today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homebrew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-trick-to-install-the-comet-corkscrew-ramp?tu=homebrew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.