6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jahbarron
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

The bottom of my Back Box is saggy and by looking closely you see that there are two metal parts that hold all the tension with a piece of wood in between. The previous owner did put some screws in both sides, which really does not seem to help. When I push the top backwards you see it lifts to the normal position.

I saw another post where somebody replaced the whole bottom of the back box (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-box-is-sagging), but I am not so comfortable with woodworking that would dare to do such a project.

Would it be possible to put a metal plate in between? Or is there a better quick fix?

#2 6 years ago

I just manhandled the job and screwed two 2x4s to the head and to the cabinet. If you decide to take the non-precious above just be careful as to where the screws are placed to avoid boards.

#3 6 years ago

Glue is what holds cabinets together. Screws just prevent sudden impacts from breaking the glued joints.

Use good wood glue and clamps to allow the glue to properly cure. Add screws after the glue has cured but prior to putting any load on the glued cabinet parts.

#4 6 years ago

LOL. I just remembered I 2x4'd two games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-sagging-back-box-fix-without-woodworking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.