(Topic ID: 57823)

Is there a reset button for the Pinside Forum?

By iamabearsfan

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ruiner.jpg
image.jpg
250px-That_s_a_paddlin_.png
cutlerinteresting.jpg
images.jpg
shit-emoticon.gif
reset.jpg
th.jpeg
Penny_Arcade_Internet_Fuckwad_Theory.jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I just got done reading the latest thread on dates slipping on WoZ. I am disappointed. I am on the list. What I am more disappointed with though is how people are treating one another on this board. Man, some of the comments are pretty darn harsh.

I know this is a pretty tight knit community. One that gets together at various conventions and all. Stuff you put into words on the web stick for a long time. I think we all know that, but forget during the heat of posting back and forth.

I rarely post on here. Mainly because you guys know a crap load more than I do about pinball. That is why I will jump on here from time to time. It has been so valuable over the years. Stinks that everyone is at each others throat. Over delays that are coming from a new pinball company? Really? We are even painting JJP employees into a corner.

It has been said 100 time already. Grab your money if you don't like how JJP is delivering. I do agree that Jack could be better about setting expectations. I get that. I still think his intentions were and still are sound. His product is clearly a differentiator. And this is the first one he has done. Not a bad track record even if he is behind in production.

My hope is this thread turns into a massive Pinside Group Hug. There is no place like home

#2 10 years ago

You get a group of thousands of people in any hobby or in regular life, some are going to be weird, hateful, normal, funny, stupid, retarded, mean, happy, etcetc. It's no different here, so don't worry about it being happy go lucky...everything is fine with Pinside..

#3 10 years ago

Yeah, it is unfortunate. Reminds me of this.

Penny_Arcade_Internet_Fuckwad_Theory.jpgPenny_Arcade_Internet_Fuckwad_Theory.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Jack brought it all on himself with the insults to Stern and all the bragging, boasting and giving false delivery years.

You don't see that nonsense on the Predator threads, because those guys keep it low key, didn't insult any other companies, and did not ask for all the money up front.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Jack brought it all on himself with the insults to Stern and all the bragging, boasting and giving false delivery years.
You don't see that nonsense on the Predator threads, because those guys keep it low key, didn't insult any other companies, and did not ask for all the money up front.

Also the JJP fanboys that say/said everything was going to be PERFECT, just totally over the top love for something that was nonexistant...there are problems/issues with ALL pins/people

#6 10 years ago

IBTL

th.jpegth.jpeg

#7 10 years ago

Irritable bowel time losers?

#8 10 years ago

here you go

reset.jpgreset.jpg

#9 10 years ago

So is this thread whining about people that are whining?

#10 10 years ago

It's just the usual. A few nice posts, then the shit...

shit-emoticon.gifshit-emoticon.gif

#11 10 years ago

Everyone should keep in mind Wheaton's Rule: "Don't be a dick."

(Unfortunately even Wil Wheaton doesn't follow his own rule when it comes to politics. )

#12 10 years ago

Pinside needs a "Merge" button way more than a "Reset" button. Then we could just merge this topic into the one it is a derivative of, and avoid the middle man.

#13 10 years ago

Things were peaceful here until FF and some of the other local cheesedicks chased everyone off RGP with their insults, threats etc. When there was nobody left on RGP they adopted new screen names on Pinside and continued their bullshit with just a little bit less bravado to keep from getting banned. Some of them did get banned quickly. Right now RGP is a little more civil than Pinside until FF flaps his jaws over there.
I guess there is no getting away from it unless we all ask Robin to monitor things closer and ban guys for less. And then he would have to ban all the libertarians who stick up for the ones who got banned. Its a no win situation, but at least we have an "ignore" button. And I have been using it a little bit lately.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I guess there is no getting away from it unless we all ask Robin to monitor things closer and ban guys for less.

If the mods bimped the 6 or so Usual Suspects things would be much more civil, quickly.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When you ask for the money up front and over-promise and under-deliver, people are going to to get pissed.

There's nothing wrong with Pinside. The signal to noise ratio is higher than it used to be, but that's to be expected as its popularity has grown.

#16 10 years ago

But we would loose all those Bally/Williams/TSPP-LOTR threads. Oh the humanity.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

into the one it is a derivative of

Gambit,
I forgot most of that stuff I learned in Calculus and Differential Equations classes.
We called the DE class: Difficult Equations

#18 10 years ago

It's the same 1% of people causing 99% of the drama. Just put them on ignore or train your mind to ignore their posts. I chose to use the website ignore feature and my site satisfaction improved.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

My hope is this thread turns into a massive Pinside Group Hug.

no hugs for bears fans.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I forgot most of that stuff I learned in Calculus and Differential Equations classes.
We called the DE class: Difficult Equations

For us it was: Diff EQ = Diffy Screw

Yeah, don't look at the few threads or posts that you can tell are going to annoy you. You won't miss anything.

#21 10 years ago

When did it become taboo for people to argue?

Maybe when you are on the Internet, you should raise your tolerance on this kind of stuff.

#22 10 years ago

I don't think anyone is arguing about arguing...it's the disrespectful bullshit and nastiness that raise the level of suckiosity. (now, don't argue with me!)

#23 10 years ago

Healthy debate/arguing on the web is awesome. It usually brings out some great ideas in the end. In this situation though, some of the posts were and continue to be rather pointed for a hobby board. That is all I was trying to say.

It's all good folks. Just was trying to put a different perspective on this and try to cool things off. Sure didn't want to fuel the fire any more.

I guess at the end of the day, this is all pretty trivial.

Go Bears!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I don't think anyone is arguing about arguing...it's the disrespectful bullshit and nastiness

this

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I guess at the end of the day, this is all pretty trivial.

No argument there...

#26 10 years ago

My hope is this thread turns into a massive Pinside Group Hug. There is no place like home

images.jpgimages.jpg

#27 10 years ago

OMG, did you really have to go there?

If this is a Packer fan, gloves are off!

Screw being nice to one another!!!

Sigh.....and I thought for a moment I was a peace maker

#28 10 years ago

Hey Iamabearfan, Ive got a OT-NFL thread going, fun civil discussion so far. Its all about thread selection, anything with WOZ or Metallica in title is surely doomed!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread

#29 10 years ago

I read centerflank's OT-NFL Thread and.... The artwork is awesome.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I read centerflank's OT-NFL Thread and.... The artwork is awesome.

Too civil for you Eh? Maybe you should spice it up with a flaming accusation at the Jets that Mark Sanchez will be assembling WOZ's after he is cut in training camp.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Too civil for you Eh? Maybe you should spice it up with a flaming accusation at the Jets that Mark Sanchez will be assembling WOZ's after he is cut in training camp.

that MIGHT be more embarrassing than the butt fumble. nah.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

It's the same 1% of people causing 99% of the drama.

LOL .......I think I heard the AMA say that once a few years back!

#33 10 years ago

If this is a Packer fan, gloves are off!

Diehard Packer fan. I live to hate the Bears!

cutlerinteresting.jpgcutlerinteresting.jpg

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

As a diehard Viking fan, I liked this post too. At least we have something in common besides love of pinball!

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I will admit the production date estimates were overly optimistic and were pushed back MANY times.OTOH, from what I've seen and heard, the bragging about building a better pin is being backed up in WOZ. The quality and amount of "stuff" in the game puts current/recent Stern games to shame, and all indications are that the mature software will widen the gap further. If it helps promote/expand/improve pinball them I'm all for it, even though the waiting and anticipation is frustrating at times.

As for Predator, I still have no clue how they'll come up with the $$$$ to order parts and have a facility to assemble the games without prepayments. But good luck to them and to those who pre-ordered.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

It's not exactly the hardest thing in the world to hate Jay Cutler. Who doesn't love to hate a self-absorbed, whiny, underachiever who thinks he's God's gift to football quarterbacking?

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

As for Predator, I still have no clue how they'll come up with the $$$$ to order parts and have a facility to assemble the games without prepayments.

They HAVE gotten prepayments. Many people accepted the new plan and put down a quarter, half or paid in full.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

For us it was: Diff EQ = Diffy Screw

Diff EQs weren't that hard, just like calculus everything followed a logical progression.

Like our prof always said, "it's obvious to the most casual observer!"

Too bad that's all I remember from the class!

#39 10 years ago

What pinside really needs is better moderation.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I'd prefer no moderation...it's just words..

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I'd prefer no moderation...it's just words..

Just words?
Ooookkk . Wars have been started with words.

#42 10 years ago

Wars vs Pinball? Not quite the same. Pinball is just a game hahaha

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Wars vs Pinball? Not quite the same. Pinball is just a game hahaha

I think we are talking about words, not pinball. See you just played with words, and changed the subject. Words can be pretty powerful stuff my friend.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

What Pinside really needs is for its forum members to self-moderate more. There are 10 moderators now since we just added one, and half of those are not on the boards on a regular basis. The main page is now usually on a 5-9 hour refresh rate, meaning every thread on the front page has had at least one new post in the last 5-9 hours, and usually many many more per individual thread. I have a job, a family, responsibilities, and occasionally like to actually play my own pinball machines. Moderators aren't paid or compensated in any way, it is a volunteer position. Sorry, but I don't feel like I should give up my life and sanity to constantly check every thread to make sure that grown adults are behaving. I already check constantly at work, after work, after dinner, before bed, and first thing in the morning, and still can't possibly keep up with everything.

If we lock a thread that's going straight downhill, another thread pops up asking why it was closed and/or shouting freedom of speech. If we don't lock a thread, people start complaining about moderators not doing anything. We've got to somehow keep the peace between freedom of speech, censorship, and the Pinside community rules. It's a fine line, and usually we end up making someone mad no matter what.

#45 10 years ago

I'm here all the time but i dunno if i should be allowed to moderate...

250px-That_s_a_paddlin_.png250px-That_s_a_paddlin_.png

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I think we are talking about words, not pinball. See you just played with words, and changed the subject. Words can be pretty powerful stuff my friend.

These words have to do with pinball, not killing people.

The internet is full of assholes, weirdos, freaks, geeks, etcetc. If anyone can't figure that out, so be it

#48 10 years ago

Ruiner.jpgRuiner.jpg

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

These words have to do with pinball, not killing people.
The internet is full of assholes, weirdos, freaks, geeks, etcetc. If anyone can't figure that out, so be it

Going back to killing again, are we. Nice deflection. See you're using words again sport. The point is words can be dynamite, and set people off. I think we all know that. We all know there are others that use words to stir others up, which is not a good thing.

#50 10 years ago

Ok, ok, ok. We will all watch our words so that we don't touch off a nuclear cataclysm from the Pinside Butterfly Effect.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-reset-button-for-the-pinside-forum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.