• Latest reply 1 year ago by LEPIC56
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

skill_pool_flipper_rebuild (resized).jpg
pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago

As Ken points out, one of the flipper assemblies for this woodrail are no longer available, unless you get it from a salvage machine. That is the two-piece shoe and shaft assembly. All modern flippers have a one-piece shoe and shaft.

The good news is that you can easily install the newer style shoe and shaft, and any other newer flipper parts for this machine, as I had to do with a Skill-Pool I rebuilt a couple of years ago (see pic). I agree that The Pinball Resource is an excellent place to get vintage Gottlieb parts.

One other suggestion I would make for this game is to use LED bulbs for the rack of pool balls on the playfield. Personally, I don't like to put LEDs in vintage games because I don't like the way they look, but this situation is one of the rare exceptions. The original incandescent lamps get so hot when a lot of pool balls are lit that they tend to melt the plastic pool ball covers. So, using LED lamps here will help to preserve the game cosmetics.

- TimMe
skill_pool_flipper_rebuild (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Tools
Troxel Repair
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!