You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

skill_pool_flipper_rebuild (resized).jpg
pinball (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi you all
I'M looking at buying a Skill-Pool 1952, Gottlieb & Co.
but one of the flippers don't work, why?? i don't know, but beside of being an electrical problem, that I can fix , especially with all the good info on this site..
my question is,, can you buy a flippers rebuild kit for this model or do you have to buy all parts separately,,

#2 3 years ago

That old would probably need to buy all parts seperately (if available). However, check with Steve Young first.

http://www.pbresource.com/rebuildkit.html

He might be able to put a kit together or suggest more modern replacements for parts that are no longer available. The oldest normal kits are for machines as old as 1955.

#3 3 years ago

You can buy a flipper rebuild kit from Pinball Resource. I don’t think the kits come with the bushings but you can add them to your order. Do you have a manual/schematics? Pinball Resource has the license for Gottlieb so you can order an original/repro manual/schematic from him.

A great think about Steve is that his prices are fair and he charges exact postage. He manufactures pop bumper caps and drop targets in house. Other sellers buy from him and then dramatically mark up their prices.

You’ll have to call in your first order to set up an account. Make a list of part numbers that you want to order.

http://www.pbresource.com/rebuildkit.html

#4 3 years ago

As Ken points out, one of the flipper assemblies for this woodrail are no longer available, unless you get it from a salvage machine. That is the two-piece shoe and shaft assembly. All modern flippers have a one-piece shoe and shaft.

The good news is that you can easily install the newer style shoe and shaft, and any other newer flipper parts for this machine, as I had to do with a Skill-Pool I rebuilt a couple of years ago (see pic). I agree that The Pinball Resource is an excellent place to get vintage Gottlieb parts.

One other suggestion I would make for this game is to use LED bulbs for the rack of pool balls on the playfield. Personally, I don't like to put LEDs in vintage games because I don't like the way they look, but this situation is one of the rare exceptions. The original incandescent lamps get so hot when a lot of pool balls are lit that they tend to melt the plastic pool ball covers. So, using LED lamps here will help to preserve the game cosmetics.

- TimMe
skill_pool_flipper_rebuild (resized).jpgskill_pool_flipper_rebuild (resized).jpg

#5 3 years ago

PB resource does include the bushings. I just bought a mini kit last week and was surprised they were in there.

1 month later
#6 3 years ago

thank you all for the great advises..

pinball (resized).jpgpinball (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-rebuild-kit-for-gottlieb-flippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.