(Topic ID: 247123)

Is there a reason so few people are willing to ship?

By CaffeineHound

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leveeger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 4 years ago

Hi,

As a French Man, I rescently bought a Bally Rapid Fire in Illinois. Hopefully the seller was OK to send overseas...
    I paid an extra for wrapping, which sounds OK for me.
    But managing the shipper was a real pain... From US to France...
    The truck came to Illinois the day after. Pretty Good, but it tooks me one month to know the palet was sent to NY to be onboarded...
    The pallet arrived 6 weeks after to "Le Havre", north of France, on the opposite side of my country...

And then problems began... The US shipper made an error on delivery document and the pinball was declared as automotuve material... You don't imagine the pain it is to hound the one and the other between France and US to get a correction...

You have to know Private owners are not a priority... You're just there to pay. Tooks me 2 weeks to obtain designation change... and there were at the limit of storage duration... I was then threatened for addiational storing cost... 50$ a day... this makes 350$ a week...

Fortunately, the palet was send to Marseille the last day of free storing period... But then french shipper is just saying, now you just have to pass customs to get your material... You have one week...

But French customs does not deal directly with private owner anymore... You have to hire a professional as intermediary... As a result, with lot of stress, and time spend to consult the different custom offices, I hired such one the day after the palet got in south...

Took me 4 days to get the custom sheet... And then I got the possibility to get the machine the last day... But at what cost...

Machine 1000$
    US Truck 112$
    US shipper 403$
    French shipper 500$
    Custom + Pro intermediary 700$

Result??? More than 2700$
    2.7 time more than the original price...

Guest what? I will never try this again... For the coast, the effort, the stress and the time...
    I say that, I say nothing...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leveeger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-reason-so-few-people-are-willing-to-ship?tu=leveeger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.