(Topic ID: 130691)

Is there a problem uploading pictures???

By DnDPins

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jfesler
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SafariScreenSnapz060.png
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1570.jpg
image.jpg
O-D_avatar.jpg
dog.jpg

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

This now works for me.

#52 4 years ago

I have IPhone 6
Every time I upload, all of my my pictures are rotated to the left once..... And when I select "Insert in post," I have to start uploading from the bottom up so that the picture up top appears first

Please help,
Thank you!

#53 4 years ago

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#54 4 years ago

I'm not seeing the rotation issue. Please email me your photos that you're seeing rotated. Preferably, if you can, zip them up first (if you know how), so that nothing can alter the photo before I get it. jfesler at gigo.com . I'll look at the contents of the photo to see if there is a hint in the photo suggesting that it wants to be rotated, and whether Robin's side is misidentifying that bit. (This would be in the EXIF data.)

If you're selecting multiple photos to upload, they will be uploaded in random order. This is actually only half true - they will finish uploading, in random order. The uploads are completely asynchronous. If you want to force a given order you have to upload just one at a time. On the uploads I did above, I did exactly that - and it put them in, in the order I specified.

#55 4 years ago

If you do have a real bug identified here, we will start a new thread for it, and keep it concise, with an example for Robin to download and play with.

#56 4 years ago

Hi
I list machines and parts all the time
It does this to every photo
Though it only rotates photos that I take...... My father texted me photos he took with his galaxy phone, and when I uploaded them they didn't rotate, but I still had to start with the bottom first when inserting in post

Thanks

#57 4 years ago

To be clear: I suspect your camera is a big part of the rotation problem. Particularly the data being put into the EXIF about the orientation of your camera when the photo was shot. Smart cameras record the position of the camera so that later software can automatically orient the picture correctly. Sending me an image or two would let me look closer at the problem outside of Pinside. Either Pinside code will be blamed, or your camera will.

As to the "bottom first" thing, I don't quite follow/get what is being done there.

I could take a video of how it works for me, but I don't think that will help you. If you are familiar with taking a video of your desktop, that might be useful; upload it as a private youtube video and let jfesler at gigo.com know the url. Or PM me via pinside. Either way, I'll see if I can spot something odd, or try and better explain what I see going on. Or, if there is a genuine bug, use your video to help file an actionable bug for Robin to look at.

#58 4 years ago

I'll pm you

#59 4 years ago

Just a status update: The rotated pictures thing, not a bug. Camera orientation was ambiguous; camera reported being in an orientation that required fixing, and pinside did the needful. Only it wasn't actually needful. The easiest way to stop auto-rotation of images is to strip EXIF data from your images before uploading. That removes all hints the camera gives about how the photo was taken, and the orientation of the camera. This may be useful on overhead shots of manuals (as an example!).

the other issue: Yeah, there might be something there. Need to flesh that out more. Thanks to Pinwow for the video.

#61 4 years ago

I'm still seeing issues trying to upload pictures. I've tried IE and Chrome... both are saying:
"There is not enough storage is available to complete this operation."

#62 4 years ago

How big are your images? How many are you uploading?

#63 4 years ago

FWIW, it is working for me. I uploaded a few larger images as part of this post (then deleted them). I know there are limits how much you can push up at once; I don't know what that number is.

SafariScreenSnapz060.png

#64 4 years ago

They are 240xsomething images. No where near as big as yours.

The only way I could post the images was one/per/post... and ONLY if I close my browser completely between said posts:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/button-patentcopyright-owner/page/2#post-2546708

#65 4 years ago

Strange. Even on that thread, I can't reproduce it. I just dragged several photos into the post I didn't actually post, and they uploaded fine. This suggests something related to your computer, or to your account (on Robin's computer), versus a general pinside issue.

Anyone else seeing Zitt's problem? Specifically, reports of "There is not enough storage is available to complete this operation."

Zitt, it's past the time when Robin's computer would run daily maintenance, since he runs his computer on central European time. Are you still seeing it?

#66 4 years ago

also, as an aside: "size" in this context would be in kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes. Not as likely pixels.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 7.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 21.00
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside