(Topic ID: 204600)

Is there a practical way to shut off power on pinbox?

By jeff_286

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I'd prefer not to leave pc on so I have to take backglas off to push off button on pc.

#2 6 years ago

There are two ways.Both were tested on my machine.
    1.Connect PC power cord to the main power cor of the machine just before it get in the switch box.
    After that set in BIOS settings of the PC Power on after Loose or something.
    At this point,when you switch the machine on everything will start automatically.
    After you switch it off everything will off.

2.This way is much more work but it's more safety(for me personally).

First-Connect PC power cord to the main power cor of the machine just before it get in the switch box.
    After that set in BIOS settings of the PC Power on after Loose or something.
    At this point,when you switch the machine on everything will start automatically.

Second-took out with two wires F1 button from some old keyboard with switches.The keyboard must be connected to the PC of course to work everything.
    Third-took out with two wires Power On button from the PC mainboard.

Forth-Place both F1 and Power On buttons where you want around coindoor for easy access.
    I just drilled two holes on bоttom of the machine next to the coindoor and put two switches/buttons where I soldered them-one for F1 and one for Power On.

So when you press F1 button,you will leave the emulator and when you press Power On button you will shut down the PC.

#4 6 years ago

Yes,and this controller to,but will cost more money than 4 wires and 2 buttons.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeff_286:

I'd prefer not to leave pc on so I have to take backglas off to push off button on pc.

What's a pinbox? I don't understand what the computer is doing in the pinball machine. Please explain. Thanks

#6 6 years ago

Change the power on bios settings, works perfect.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Change the power on bios settings, works perfect.

What's a bios setting? Lol

#8 6 years ago

Change the bios to what?

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from MJW:

What's a bios setting? Lol

Ask my ex, she knows everything.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-practical-way-to-shut-off-power-on-pinbox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.