Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 89 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is there a market for $16,000 pins?”

• Yes 18 votes
      9%
    • No 178 votes
      89%
    • I might consider it 3 votes
      2%

(199 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture.PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jazman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

With hundreds of collectors around the world, many of which have over $100,000 in pins, is it too hard to think a $16,000 pin would sell?

Yup. It would be to a very small, select group of probably less than 50 or so in the entire world IMHO. Even on the niche scale that pinball is, that is extreme niche.

Quoted from kaneda:

While not executed properly, John was onto something. A pin with better materials, world class art, new innovations, etc. could command a much higher price than the current LE offerings. I think there are enough well off people who would pay a lot to have the best and rarest machines out there. I believe there is room for someone to be the Ferrari or Lamborghini of pinball. But again, it has to be executed properly and you don't pay Ferrari before your car is built. Thoughts?

I don't think he was on to anything except for a one-time deal... because of who he was. But that is now a dead commodity. Ferrari is HIGH VOLUME compared to what you'd be talking about here...

IMHO since you asked... Jaz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jazman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-market-for-16000-pins?tu=Jazman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.